The Student Room Group

I'm a British Pakistani, AMA

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PapiLanez
Do you guys live in villages as well?

Good night lady and gent I've got work tomorrow :frown:

No, cities, my grandparents spent their childhood in villages though.

Good night!
Holland aur Germany dushman hai like India Pakistan

OMG! I'm so going to stop now. Mujhe abhi bhi samaj nahi ayi. Maaf ki jiye ga. Is it to do with the fact that I was born in Germany? Anyways dw its ok lol. And goodnight bhai sahab!
What do you think of Iqbal Masih?
Original post by Graceful_Lawyer
Omg brother, will certainly pray for you. I hate desi parents when they force their children! And most of the times its all cos of their izaat in their khaandaan! :| Like they can compromise on 2 people's life but wouldn't compromise in their jhooti anaa! :|

My dad is very open minded in this matter tbh, which is astonishing lol. He told me he wouldn't mind if I choose a husband for myself. Obviously not in a haram way, e.g. dating and stuff. Astagfirullah. The point he was trying to make was that he trusts me as he knows I'd chose a pious husband.

My dad was the same way but he's passed away 13 years ago :'(
Do you guys live in villages as well?

Are you asking me? If so, well...

We do have 2 villages in Pakistan. But my mums from Islamabad. My father is from Faisalabad and he had a lot of land there.
Original post by cake_lover
Good ol' polygamy eh? haha

Swag life
Original post by Ravenous
What do you think of Iqbal Masih?

Brave young man and deserves more recognition, some of the things that happen in Pakistan is disgusting, I hope one day things like that come to an end.
My dad was the same way but he's passed away 13 years ago :'(

Oh I'm so sorry to hear that. You know what advise I would give you, considering that I've seen a exact similar case as yours. If you don't have feelings towards your cousin anf you feel like you won't be able to love her or give her what she deserves as your wife, please tell her. You've told your Ammi but she didn't listen. So just tell your cousin. Surely she wouldn't want to get married to a guys who cannot love her. And believe me as a Pakistani guy, you have a lot of power than a Pakistani girl would have in such a situation. Please use it! Cos I know a guy who married her cousin from Pak when he had no feelings for her. They are getting divorced. At the end of the day, it is your life and Islam does not allow force marriages anyway. Good luck!
Are you asking me? If so, well...

We do have 2 villages in Pakistan. But my mums from Islamabad. My father is from Faisalabad and he had a lot of land there.

Thats really cool. Whereabouts in Islamabad is your mother from? I'm from Islamabad

BTW do you reckon law would be hard for me? I did very bad at GCSEs and I've got accounting qualifications equivalent to a levels.
Oh I'm so sorry to hear that. You know what advise I would give you, considering that I've seen a exact similar case as yours. If you don't have feelings towards your cousin anf you feel like you won't be able to love her or give her what she deserves as your wife, please tell her. You've told your Ammi but she didn't listen. So just tell your cousin. Surely she wouldn't want to get married to a guys who cannot love her. And believe me as a Pakistani guy, you have a lot of power than a Pakistani girl would have in such a situation. Please use it! Cos I know a guy who married her cousin from Pak when he had no feelings for her. They are getting divorced. At the end of the day, it is your life and Islam does not allow force marriages anyway. Good luck!

Thanks for your encouring and kind words.
I'll speak to her brother first so that he can tell his parents, hopefully that should be enough but if not I'll run away.
Thats really cool. Whereabouts in Islamabad is your mother from? I'm from Islamabad

BTW do you reckon law would be hard for me? I did very bad at GCSEs and I've got accounting qualifications equivalent to a levels.

Okay this is weird but I actually don't know the name of that area. But I do know that Qaid-e-Azam uni isn't too gar from it as my cousin goes there.

Hmm I don't know tbh. Have you done essay based subjects in GCSEs? Law is great! I did History, Sociology, English Literature, Urdu and German. Most of my subject were essay based and related to law too.

To be very honest with you, I've a friend who did BTEC and is now doing law. So yeah.. I guess you can. But if you want to, pleade make sure you don't waste time and make notes from the very first day! If you need anymore info, please let me know.
Thanks for your encouring and kind words.
I'll speak to her brother first so that he can tell his parents, hopefully that should be enough but if not I'll run away.

No need to thanks tbh, I just don't like how desi bachay get stuck in their marital life cos of their parents. Yes please do so! And even if that doesn't work, by all means run away! Cos brother if you do marry her and then divorce her, it won't be good for her considering the social stigma related to divorce. Plus, you would have to go through a lot too. Parents just fail to understand this thing. But please don't ruin your and her life for the sake of parents. This is because if you guys won't be happy, they won't be happy either at the end. Its your life, and Islam allows you to marry of your choice. In fact, it prohibits force marriage strictly.

Btw do you mind me asking whether you like another girl? Lol cos in most cases, guys like other girl, hence don't want to get married to the girl of their parent's choice.
Okay this is weird but I actually don't know the name of that area. But I do know that Qaid-e-Azam uni isn't too gar from it as my cousin goes there.

Hmm I don't know tbh. Have you done essay based subjects in GCSEs? Law is great! I did History, Sociology, English Literature, Urdu and German. Most of my subject were essay based and related to law too.

To be very honest with you, I've a friend who did BTEC and is now doing law. So yeah.. I guess you can. But if you want to, pleade make sure you don't waste time and make notes from the very first day! If you need anymore info, please let me know.

Haha I'm from rawalpindi not sure if this is close to the university.

Thank you so much I'll make sure to bug you if I need anything law related :biggrin:

Im starting to yawn, good night :smile:
No need to thanks tbh, I just don't like how desi bachay get stuck in their marital life cos of their parents. Yes please do so! And even if that doesn't work, by all means run away! Cos brother if you do marry her and then divorce her, it won't be good for her considering the social stigma related to divorce. Plus, you would have to go through a lot too. Parents just fail to understand this thing. But please don't ruin your and her life for the sake of parents. This is because if you guys won't be happy, they won't be happy either at the end. Its your life, and Islam allows you to marry of your choice. In fact, it prohibits force marriage strictly.

Btw do you mind me asking whether you like another girl? Lol cos in most cases, guys like other girl, hence don't want to get married to the girl of their parent's choice.

I've got a gf/ best friend but even if I didn't I wouldn't agree to marrying my cousin from Pakistan.
Haha I'm from rawalpindi not sure if this is close to the university.

Thank you so much I'll make sure to bug you if I need anything law related :biggrin:

Im starting to yawn, good night :smile:

Haha. I've some relatives in Rawalpindi too. And no worries brother. Anytime. I'd help you as much as I can.

And haha goodnight!
I've got a gf/ best friend but even if I didn't I wouldn't agree to marrying my cousin from Pakistan.

Oh okay. Do you plan to marry her? Just asking :tongue:

And I understand as I wouldn't want to marry a pure Pakistani guy.
Brave young man and deserves more recognition, some of the things that happen in Pakistan is disgusting, I hope one day things like that come to an end.

Who is he? Is he the guy who gave his life to save students?
(edited 9 years ago)
Who is he? Is he the guy who gave his life to save students?

He stood up against bonded labour. Check his Wikipedia page, it's brief but explains what he went through.
He stood up against bonded labour. Check his Wikipedia page, it's brief but explains what he went through.

Ohh okay. Will do, thank you.

OP, are you religious?
Ohh okay. Will do, thank you.

OP, are you religious?

No problem

Not that religious. I went through a phase where I doubted my religion. However I am starting fall in love with it again and certainty believe in Islam. Inshallah I can become closer to it and pray more and be a better Muslim. :smile: how about you?

Quick Reply

Latest