The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
There is no better way to convince a defensive alliance you are not a threat by threatening to attack a member of said alliance.
Original post by ShotsFired-9941

I hate Russia they are bullies, they are overshadowed by UsA+ China and they are a nation in decline
I doubt Denmark will change anything based on these threats. Russia is weak these days. These threats are made from fear and nothing else. They try the same crap with every new member.
Just Russia trying it on. It's designed to play into the hands of opposition politics and cause arguments and demonstrations to put pressure on the Danish government internally.

This is the game Russia is playing now. An overt display of media propaganda and fear mongering.

I can't think of a better way for Russia to get NATO to bolster it's defences and for Denmark to stick two fingers up at Putin, who will no doubt use it for internal consumption to paint the picture of NATO and the EU as the big bad bullying alliance and maintain internal support for himself.

PUTIN: "My dick is this big. No, stop laughing, really it is".
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 5
Did Putin step on a Lego?
Cold war.
Putin needs to be removed. It is clear that he is a nut case.
There has to be more to this story. The missiles will be based in Greenland which is 5000miles away. I cannot comprehend why Russia would make this idiotic threat, so there must be an actual reason either we are all missing or that the source quoting is missing.
Original post by Magnus Taylor
they are a nation in decline

Doubt that.
Original post by wsxcde
yes the fact is that russia has a nuclear deterrent, the idea of this is mutually assured destruction, meaning that the USA will not launch a nuclear attack against Russia because it is assured that in response Russia will launch a nuclear attack against the USA. The west then decided to surround russia with a missile defense shield, whilst continually and bizarrely lying that it's to intercept long range missiles from Iran, and so Russia had to target this as part of its nuclear deterrent plan, because the situation could be that now the USA can launch missiles at russia, then the missiles launched in response from russia could be intercepted by the shield, allowing the USA to launch a nuclear first strike against Russia. So in russian military doctrine they will always also target mid-range missiles they have at all parts of the defence shield which is surrounding it, in order to assure that they can both destroy the defence shield and launch a nuclear counter attack if targeted. So if denmark decides that some of its ships will be part of the defence shield then russian missiles will target them, simple as. It is not a threat at all and it's well known defensive doctrine regarding icbm warfare, if tomorrow another country says they're building part of an anti-missile defence shield somewhere near to russia then russian missiles will target that as well. The anti-russian western propaganda decided to warp this into "RUSSIA THREATENING NUCLEAR ATTACK AGAINST DENMARK" as they warp everything.

Spot on! After reading more into I realised how STUPIDDDDD!!! i cannot stress this enough the reasons were. Stopping iranian ICBM?? LOL. Iran would not dare do such a thing. Iran vs the West? I mean the iranian regime is not so idiotic to do such an idiotic act. I do believe this is an act to surround russia in a sence, because the excuses are so stupid lol. I wish putin would just go in to the UN and do a speech on this instead of threats tho :/
They want to nuke the country that gives us delicious bacon and sweater clad crime dramas? They can **** off.
Original post by wsxcde
not to mention iran doesnt have any ICBMs or long range missiles at all lol

Do they not?

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Koussar
Original post by wsxcde
no they dont, note how that says both "alleged" and intermediate and not long.

Really.

For a country not developing them they seem tk have developed an awful lot of different types of military tickets recently, but that's for another thread
Original post by TheTruthTeller
I wish putin would just go in to the UN and do a speech on this instead of threats tho :/

Putin makes a lot of great speeches on world affairs btw you can watch them on youtube or anything, he has spoken about this and many other things.
The thing is, they're threatening Denmark in the exact same way they are threatening us and the US, what they say is perfectly true, if Denmark arm themselves against Russia they become 100% valid targets (not that they weren't before), of course, this is news because it's Russia. Suppose it the other way around, and, say, Belarus were putting in a missile system against NATO, they would become nuclear targets for NATO, except our media would say nothing about it coz NATO.
Original post by wsxcde
no that is western propaganda because Iran openly speaks out against Israel war crimes, and because Iran dropped the dollar a good while back. So the west decided to sanction Iran using the excuse that they are developing nuclear weapons, which they are not, although I think that they should to defend themselves against Israel/western aggression, and the west even used faked "evidence" of nuclear development in the country provided by Israel in order to back the economic warfare (sanctions) which was later shown to be fake. You just need to stop looking at western news sources so much they are just propaganda you know 99%. In fact there is a video on youtube "general wesley clark 2007" type that in, he names the list of countries the US is going to invade back then, and Iran is at the end. Obviously the west has propaganda against their planned countries of invasion.

Between you and Tawheed I'd awear Quoods force is trying to influence posters in here.
Don't see the big deal. NATO and USA have missiles aimed at Russia and vice versa. If Denmark joins them, obviously Russia needs to start aiming some missiles at them too lol.
Original post by MatureStudent36
Between you and Tawheed I'd awear Quoods force is trying to influence posters in here.

what does that mean?
Original post by wsxcde
Ridiculous western anti-russian propaganda, misquoting something a russian said about their military, russian missiles will be aimed at any part of the western missile shield surrounding russia (apparently aimed at Iran LOL), if denmark ships join part of the missile defense shild then russian missiles will also be aimed at them. The defense shield threatens the mutually assured destruction granted by Russian deadhand system to ensure that other nations will not launch a nuclear strike against it without repercussions.

this lol. lots of dumb people ITT. If someone is aiming a boomstick at you you aim one back lmao.

Latest