The Student Room Group

I am an attention seeker AMA.

as above :smile:
Can I have your attention?
Reply 2
Original post by ChickenMadness
Can I have your attention?

looks like you got it, I should perhaps add that being an attention seeker does not
exclude me from giving my attention to others, that would make me a bit selfish I guess.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by esbo
looks like you got it

Thank you. I'll be leaving with your attention now. Farewell.
Reply 4
Thank you. I'll be leaving with your attention now. Farewell.

thanks, thought that might get rid of you.
What are your attention seeking behaviours? Do you know why you do them.

Do you think attention seeking is uneceessarily demoised... my thoughts are that no one seeks attention without reason, usually because their needs aren't being met in some way or they have a problem they can't solve alone, but don't know how to or don't have the confidence to ask for help or get or express what they need effectively, so they seek attention in the hope that someone will notice them and by extention, help them to find what theyre lacking. Perhaps for some attention means acceptance of something about them they haven't yet fully accepted in themselves. Often this isn't done fully consciously
What are your thoughts on that
Original post by Kabloomybuzz
x

fluttershy is best pony :love:
Reply 7
fluttershy is best pony :love:

Man points -9000
Original post by esbo
as above :smile:

How much does attention pay?
Reply 9
Original post by Dodgypirate

"I tried to pay attention, but attention paid me"- Lil Wayne

Posted from TSR Mobile
Are you a girl?
What happens when you don't get attention?

Original post by T.I.P
"I tried to pay attention, but attention paid me"- Lil Wayne

Posted from TSR Mobile

Das it mane
Reply 11
What are your attention seeking behaviours? Do you know why you do them.

Do you think attention seeking is uneceessarily demoised... my thoughts are that no one seeks attention without reason, usually because their needs aren't being met in some way or they have a problem they can't solve alone, but don't know how to or don't have the confidence to ask for help or get or express what they need effectively, so they seek attention in the hope that someone will notice them and by extention, help them to find what theyre lacking. Perhaps for some attention means acceptance of something about them they haven't yet fully accepted in themselves. Often this isn't done fully consciously
What are your thoughts on that

Attention seeking is perfectly normal it is the sign of a health human being, it is called being sociable.

Some evil people try and spin this healthy human trait some sort of negative trait whcih of course it is not, it is those attacking sociable people who have the problem.

Trying to make our normal aspect of being a human being are a problem is pretty sick IMO, one wonder why anyone woudl do that.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by esbo
Attention seeking is perfectly normal it is the sign of a health human being, it is called being sociable.

Some evil people try and spin this healthy human trait some sort of negative trait whcih of course it is not, it is those attacking sociable people who have the problem.

Trying to make our normal aspect of being a human being are a problem is pretty sick IMO, one wonder why anyone woudl do that.

Whether or not its healthy surely depends why you're doing it and how its manifesting itself...
Reply 14
Original post by Dodgypirate

You don't have to pay, I'm not a prostitute :rolleyes:
Reply 15
Original post by bittr n swt
Are you a girl?
What happens when you don't get attention?

Das it mane

Nothing

Hence something is better than nothing (most of the time).

There is the posibilty I might shoot up a mall though, but I think that is rather unlikely are we don't have malls here in the UK nor indeed guns.
Reply 16
Whether or not its healthy surely depends why you're doing it and how its manifesting itself...

Do I need a reason?

Is there a formal attention application form I have to fill out so that it can be scrutinised by the commitee?

How can it be unhealthy anyway?

I am not sure what you mean by that, I'm not asking for an STD. (sexually.....etc)

What do you mean by unhealthy and what evidence do you have to support your claim?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by esbo
Do I need a reason?

Is there a formal attention application form I have to fill out so that it can be scrutinised by the commitee?

How can it be unhealthy anyway?

I am not sure what you mean by that, I'm not asking for an STD. (sexually.....etc)

What do you mean by unhealthy and what evidence do you have to support your claim?

You made an AMA, yet you're unwilling to answer questions...

It can be healthy if you're attention seeking because you have a need thats not being fulfilled, relating to your mental or emotional wellbeing for example, but instead of acknowledging the real issue and seeking the help you need you act out, for example with aggression.A good example is say bullying, so if someone with low self esteem/anxiety/depression being aggressive and taking it out on others in order to look bigger/harder/more confident in front of their peers. Its a form of drawing attention to yourself, but its not a healthy outlet.

In what ways would you say you attention seek and what would you define as healthy forms of attention seeking?
Reply 18
You made an AMA, yet you're unwilling to answer questions...

It can be healthy if you're attention seeking because you have a need thats not being fulfilled, relating to your mental or emotional wellbeing for example, but instead of acknowledging the real issue and seeking the help you need you act out, for example with aggression.A good example is say bullying, so if someone with low self esteem/anxiety/depression being aggressive and taking it out on others in order to look bigger/harder/more confident in front of their peers. Its a form of drawing attention to yourself, but its not a healthy outlet.

In what ways would you say you attention seek and what would you define as healthy forms of attention seeking?

?? What questioh have I refused to answer?

I have replied to all posts so what you reffering to?

"It can be healthy if you're attention seeking because you have a need thats not being fulfilled, relating to your mental or emotional wellbeing for example, but instead of acknowledging the real issue and seeking the help you need you act out, for example with aggression."

Struggling to make sense of this.

You seem to suggesting being sociable is some sort of mental health problem which of course it isn't.

So there is no "real issue" just some imaginary issue in your head.

And who is being aggressive? Not me!!

I don't see bullying as attention seeking really. You are confusing things I think.

Indeed bullying is pretty much the opposite of attention seeking.

Healthy attention seeking is just being sociable, and of course bulling is the complete opposite.

Bullying usually manifests it self as attention blocking, so the compete polar opposite so I fail
to see how you equate attention seeking with bullying when it is the opposite.

It also implies an authoritarian (bullying) 'solution' to a none problem.

Everything anyone does is attention seeking to a greater or lesser extent, unless nobody else is aware of it.

Again I don't know what you mean by "healthy" it's to vague a term as I said you can't catch a disease from 'attention seeking'.

I suppose the most unhealthy from of attention seeking is where you put yourself on a higher level than others.

Yea that would be the worst I guess.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest