The Student Room Group

Help me Decide on a uni!

Hey, I've recieved completely identical offers from both Plymouth uni and Marjons and honestly I don't know which one to pick.

The open days for both aren't until June so I'm going on what I know already.

I like that Marjons is all on one campus, but I like that plymouth is right in the city center.

Both are on the bus route to work and have relatively cheap accommodation.

The modules on the course are surprisingly similar :s-smilie:
Which course have you applied for?
Plymouth has a substantially better reputation as one of the better ex-polys - Marjon is essentially an unknown institution that only got university status in 2012.
Reply 3
Write down all the benefits and downsides of the unis and look at the lists. Weighing up the differences like that might make the choice easier to make. Correct me if I'm wrong but there's still quite a bit of time until final decisions have to be made, so take your time and make sure you choose the right one.
Reply 4
Original post by Origami Bullets
Plymouth has a substantially better reputation as one of the better ex-polys - Marjon is essentially an unknown institution that only got university status in 2012.

I think this is what's got me... I'll be starting from 2nd year and I guess I'm a little worried that a city campus may not be the easiest way for me to get settled in as a fresher/2nd year.

Whereas in a campus uni I could slot in quite easily. I don't know maybe it's a confidence thing. I still can't believe I've got any offers at all after my uni history.
Original post by ShayMoo
I think this is what's got me... I'll be starting from 2nd year and I guess I'm a little worried that a city campus may not be the easiest way for me to get settled in as a fresher/2nd year.

Whereas in a campus uni I could slot in quite easily. I don't know maybe it's a confidence thing. I still can't believe I've got any offers at all after my uni history.

It's a confidence thing. If you get involved with activities on offer - societies, socials, sports, halls, volunteering, students union fundraising - that sort of thing, then you'll find you slot in easier than you think.
Reply 6
Had another look through the course modules and looked at accommodation and clubs... I think I'd be silly not to pick Plymouth really :smile:

Quick Reply