The Student Room Group

Had sex too soon...would he want to see me again?

Alright, here goes.

So, I've been on three dates with a guy who I REALLY like (I'm a female). We both seem to just naturally click in every aspect. On our first two dates, we went to dinner and wandered through London. On our third, we went to a museum, and both of us felt a little tired, so we casually decided to go to his place and chill. It was all nice, we watched a movie, and then passion engulfed both of us. We both enjoyed it a lot, and we parted seemingly in good terms. I texted him on the day (Sunday) thanking him for the company. He said "No worries! But let's make sure it all doesn't get too serious yet!" I've decided to not text him after that, since it was late. Monday was all silence from both of us. I don't wanna come off as clingy to him.

But now I'm getting worried. What if he never wants to see me again? What if he lost respect for me if I come across as 'easy' to him when I'm not?

What should I do next? Any tips?
Hey.

I've experienced guys like that a lot, soo much that its not even surprising anymore. Thing is guys now a days are less likely to want to be serious, since everyone is just growing up, leaving home, working, travelling or going to university. Most guys and girls just want fun, which sucks but that has become reality. If this guy is legit, he will make an effort, but hes being upfront and telling you what he wants, better than him pretending. He could be different and want something long term but I highly doubt that. Guys know what they want. Now you have to ask yourself if you just want to have fun with him, see where it goes or do you want to save yourself the heart break and find someone who does want to be with you.

As for the text, just text him. the whole "I don't want to be desperate" thing just makes things more complicated. If he likes you, he wont care how many texts you send and he WILL reciprocate. I know its cliche, but honestly, BE YOURSELF, pretending will get tiring and things will get complicated.

I sort of rambled on, sorry
I hope I helped a little. If you need help I'm here x
Reply 2
Meet him again, have sex even sooner (in public?) He'll come crawling back for sure sister :wink:
Original post by Anonymous
Alright, here goes.

So, I've been on three dates with a guy who I REALLY like (I'm a female). We both seem to just naturally click in every aspect. On our first two dates, we went to dinner and wandered through London. On our third, we went to a museum, and both of us felt a little tired, so we casually decided to go to his place and chill. It was all nice, we watched a movie, and then passion engulfed both of us. We both enjoyed it a lot, and we parted seemingly in good terms. I texted him on the day (Sunday) thanking him for the company. He said "No worries! But let's make sure it all doesn't get too serious yet!" I've decided to not text him after that, since it was late. Monday was all silence from both of us. I don't wanna come off as clingy to him.

But now I'm getting worried. What if he never wants to see me again? What if he lost respect for me if I come across as 'easy' to him when I'm not?

What should I do next? Any tips?

I do agree with him that you have only met him a few times, you don't know him enough to know what you both want from this yet. He is basically just telling you "no promises". Don't worry about it. I usually sleep with someone on 3-4th date and it's not about the when you sleep with them, it's them as a person and what they are looking for which will be the trigger to the relationship you will have together, whether casual or otherwise.

I personally dont like to play the text game "lets not seem desperate" . I will just text when I want to say hi, so drop him a text, ask him how he is, what he's up to and tell him you're looking forward to seeing him again, if he would like to? If he is interested, he will reciprocate and you can plan your next meet. If you start to get distant texts and replies, then maybe he isn't interested, if the conversation seems one sided. You will be fine. PM me if you need more advice, I'm pretty good with this kinda thing
If he reciprocated in the sex it would be very hypocritical of him to be put off by you "having sex too soon". And if that's the case, he's not worth your time anyway. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending