The Student Room Group

What's the best life lesson you've learnt?

I'd like to think I've learnt alot already, but it's only until you see your parents and they say that classic line..."you still have so much to learn"..

Until that moment though...

What is the best life lesson you have learnt?

Scroll to see replies

1) It ultimately doesn't really matter what other people think of you - i still struggle with mild social anxiety issues at times though

2) Life can change in an instant - the smallest events can long lasting and far reaching consequences.
I have learnt that A levels are the most important qualifications in n your life if you are not going to uni
You don't have to respect adults if they don't respect you.
Original post by Jeanlucpicard
I'd like to think I've learnt alot already, but it's only until you see your parents and they say that classic line..."you still have so much to learn"..

Until that moment though...

What is the best life lesson you have learnt?

That it's a dog eat dog world, and that we are all in competition to survive and self gratification. Humanity is naturally inclined to be selfish it's part of our innate survival tactics.

Words like love, trust, generosity etc are all comfort words that allow us to feel this false sense of security built by society while we masquerade in pretence that life is worth living, and that love and sharing is a real entity, but the reality is that since birth we all in this for ourselves and these are just words that are inept to our everyday lives.
(edited 9 years ago)
It doesn't matter where you are in life, but there will ALWAYS be more cake.
Never buy a bargain bucket for yourself.
to no be a whiney little bitch about **** that doesn't hold any baring on the real life equilibrium of your end goals

this came from my former boss and i quit the next day
No matter what happens, and how hard things get, you will ALWAYS make it through. Nothing that is thrown at you is too much to handle. You'll always get through it and be stronger in the end.
Silence is a friend that NEVER betrays you. I know the truth of that all too damn well.

Original post by Silver Arrow
1) It ultimately doesn't really matter what other people think of you - i still struggle with mild social anxiety issues at times though

2) Life can change in an instant - the smallest events can long lasting and far reaching consequences.

:hugs:
(edited 9 years ago)
Making a comprehensive life plan for yourself is a massive ****ing waste of time.
"This too shall pass"

Never stop believing that one day things will get better :smile:
Herpes does NOT just stay in Vegas
Reply 13
The secret to a successful life is active participation in the world. It's easy to be passive, to accept the things society gives you, to live in your home town and work 9-5, but your life can be full of adventure and achievement, if you choose it to be that way.

It's a matter of taking risks because you truly believe you're worth the opportunity.
Try not to be afraid of change as it's inevitable
Self assessment. You can always do things to make yourself a better person. It could be in regards to studying, work, relationships, pretty much any aspect of your life.
Give everything your best shot :smile: :dumbells:

It's a massive cliche but it's really the only thing you can actually do.
Sometimes you're wrong
The most important life lessons I've learnt are:

1)I am not special
2)The skills (any skills) I possess are absolutely useless unless I back them up with solid graft as well.
Adults are actually pretty dumb.

Quick Reply

Latest