The Student Room Group

Civil service fast stream 2014/2015

Scroll to see replies

Is anyone applying in the second round of the analytical track? I'm finishing my PhD and just heard about the Fast Stream a couple of weeks ago. Applied for both statistics and operations research; was told the same evening I passed the online tests and now waiting for them to grade my application forms. Anyone knows how long that will take?

Also, I'm doing my PhD abroad, so I haven't been living in the UK for the past few years. As long as the job is non-reserved, can that be a problem? (I'm asking because I tried applying for a non-fast stream statistical officer job, and it wouldn't let me because I haven't been living in the UK in the last three years. Still wondering why you need a counter-terrorist check to do local government statistics, but anyway...)
(edited 9 years ago)
Has anyone been told they've been unsuccessful for CD recently? Most news seems to be people passing?
Reply 2602
Original post by bluebird82
Has anyone been told they've been unsuccessful for CD recently? Most news seems to be people passing?

My friend was unsuccessful yesterday.
Has anyone from 4th March heard back yet?
Reply 2604
Original post by rlouise12
Has anyone from 4th March heard back yet?

Myself and others from my March 18th assessment centre have heard back, so I presume you are in the Amber band and will just have to wait and see if you meet the final pass mark. good luck!
Has anyone who was successful for the CD stream been contacted by the Fast Stream Assignment Team yet? My pre appointment checks were completed and my file sent to them at the end of last week. I am just wondering how long it takes for them to contact you.
NI scheme dead:

Dear Candidate

Northern Ireland Fast Stream scheme

Further to your application to the Northern Ireland Fast Stream scheme, we regret to inform you that we have been advised by the Northern Ireland Civil Service (NICS) that they no longer have any Fast Stream opportunities in 2015 and are regrettably withdrawing from the Fast Stream programme for both this year and 2016. This was an unexpected change. As part of its discussions on developing a draft Budget, the NI Executive agreed that it was necessary for a range of proposals for strategic personnel interventions to be implemented in order to deliver a significant pay bill reduction across the NICS. As a result, an NICS wide embargo on recruitment and substantive promotion has been introduced. The embargo applies to all NICS grades and disciplines. In light of this embargo, the NICS has decided to withdraw bids for the NI stream of the 2015 and 2016 Fast Stream programme. It will mean some changes to your recent application which are outlined below.

What happens next:
Civil Service Fast Stream are committed to ensuring fair and open competition to all individuals affected by the decision of the Northern Ireland Executive. As you know Northern Ireland is only one of many Fast Stream options. We therefore wish to offer you the opportunity to consider applying for alternative Fast Stream schemes, where appropriate.

Specifically, if the NICS Fast Stream had not been an option for 2015 and you were prepared to apply for roles in mainland Great Britain, would you have considered applying for one of the other schemes that you were eligible for? Eligibility is based on scheme selection rules listed below and available on the Fast Stream website, along with scheme specific requirements, such as degree class, degree discipline and nationality: https://www.gov.uk/civil-service-fast-stream-how-to-apply#apply-to-more-than-one-fast-stream-scheme-restrictions.

Scheme selection rules:
You can only apply for one of the following schemes in the same recruitment year:
· Analytical
· Commercial and Finance
· Human Resources
· Government Communication Service

However if you are eligible, you can choose to apply for a combination of the following Fast Stream programmes:
· Generalist
· European
· Digital and Technology

Further details on the schemes and the eligibility criteria can be found on the Fast Stream website https://www.gov.uk/faststream. Please note that none of the above schemes have posts available in Northern Ireland.

What to do if you wish to apply to another scheme:
If you would originally have applied for another scheme and wish now to apply, please reply to the message in the secure Candidate Fast Stream website by close of play Tuesday 31 March, 2015 stating which scheme(s) and confirm you meet the eligibility criteria for that scheme. It is essential that you carefully review the eligibility criteria for your new chosen scheme(s) and make a declaration in your reply that you are eligible, as otherwise we will not be able to add you to the scheme selection process. Please note that selecting another scheme may not necessarily result in an offer.

For clarity, the schemes available to you are as below, however you must check each scheme’s eligibility criteria separately using the website link above:
· Analytical Government Economic Service
· Analytical - Government Operational Research
· Analytical - Government Social Research Service
· Analytical - Government Statistical Service
· Commercial and Finance - Finance
· Commercial and Finance - Internal Audit
· Commercial and Finance - Commercial
· Human Resources
· Government Communication Service
· Generalist
· European
· Digital and Technology

An FAQ section can be found here: http://goo.gl/2zvAqx

Previous assessment scores:
Should you choose to apply for another scheme, any scores for stages already completed as part of your application in 2014/15 for the NICS will be carried over to your application for your chosen scheme(s). Note that pass marks for each scheme will be applied to tests/exercises you have already undertaken which may require you to then take stages not already completed.

We are sorry for the disappointment this change is likely to cause but we hope this alternative offer is helpful.

Yours sincerely

Fast Stream Team

----------------------------------------------------------

No use to me since I'm stuck here for family reasons . At least I got expenses, but what a waste of my time and effort.
Original post by jackareeno
Has anyone who was successful for the CD stream been contacted by the Fast Stream Assignment Team yet? My pre appointment checks were completed and my file sent to them at the end of last week. I am just wondering how long it takes for them to contact you.

I'd appreciate the answer to this too! Were you told that your file had been passed on? I know that my pre-appointment checks are finished but I haven't had any further emails from Parity...

Original post by ERAYLANKESTER
NI scheme dead

Sorry to hear that. At least you knew that it was a possibility but it still sucks.
Original post by d41k57
You do get allowances for relevant post-graduate qualifications and years of prior experience. I am on the GSS stream and have received my offer letter etc. The base salary for all fast stream (analysts included) is £27,500 this year.

Just curious - currently it's 27000. When were you told that all fast streamers would be paid 27500?
Just wondering if anyone who completed the DaT FSAC has heard anything back yet?
Reply 2610
Original post by sempitern
Just curious - currently it's 27000. When were you told that all fast streamers would be paid 27500?

On my contact it stated "fast stream base salary £27,500 plus allowances...". Also my line manager implied that £27,500 was the standard for fast stream this year.
Original post by Shera123
Just wondering if anyone who completed the DaT FSAC has heard anything back yet?

I haven't heard anything yet but I went to FSAC on Friday. How about yourself, when did u attend?
Original post by jamal_azizi
I haven't heard anything yet but I went to FSAC on Friday. How about yourself, when did u attend?

Mine was on the 6th march but as I'm not sure if a sift has actually even happened for DaT or not since then, I can't even really work out if iv been amber banded...
Reply 2613
Mine was on the 6th march but as I'm not sure if a sift has actually even happened for DaT or not since then, I can't even really work out if iv been amber banded...

If you haven't heard within a week of your FSAC then you've been amber banded. I'm in the same boat, good luck :smile:

If 7 days have passed and you haven't had an answer, you've been amber banded.
Reply 2615
Has this weeks sift happened? I know there is supposed to be one this week and one mid April. Still waiting for HR.
Original post by V2015
Has this weeks sift happened? I know there is supposed to be one this week and one mid April. Still waiting for HR.

Doesn't look like it
Reply 2617
Original post by TritonSails
Doesn't look like it

Cheers. Good luck to you if you are also waiting!
Original post by ERAYLANKESTER

No use to me since I'm stuck here for family reasons . At least I got expenses, but what a waste of my time and effort.

I wonder how many places there would have been on the FS in NI? It's a real shame considering this is supposed to be an investment in the future (and a shame for you that you're geographically-bound). It might be worth talking to the team to see if there are any generalist places in NI (as I thought I heard there were) but I suppose they couldn't make any guarantees.
Original post by grownupfrog
If 7 days have passed and you haven't had an answer, you've been amber banded.

Is the 7 day wait applicable to all streams?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending