The Student Room Group

I'm a British Pakistani, AMA

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cake_lover
No problem

Not that religious. I went through a phase where I doubted my religion. However I am starting fall in love with it again and certainty believe in Islam. Inshallah I can become closer to it and pray more and be a better Muslim. :smile: how about you?

Oh okay. Surely you can! Well, when I was young I wasn't that religious but I never doubted my faith. As I grew up, I wanted to be a proper Muslim who also practice Islam. Therefore, I started wearing hijab and I do pray 5 times a day. I've also made a tahhajjud timetable for myself. I like to do Zikr-e-Elahi when I can. I love reciting Astigfhaar. I've set a goal for myself to read Quran everyday. So that's why I wouldn't say I'm too religious but I certainly want to be. I do see it as crucial part of me and want to work on it from now on. I'm weak but with Allah's help, InshaAllah one day I'd be happy with myself in terms of spirituality.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Graceful_Lawyer
Oh okay. Surely you can! Well, when I was young I wasn't that religious but I never doubted my faith. As I grew up, I wanted to be a proper Muslim who also practice Islam. Therefore, I started wearing hijab and I do pray 5 times a day. I've also made a tahhajjud timetable for myself. I like to do Zikr-e-Elahi when I can. I love reciting Astigfhaar. I've set a goal for myself to read Quran everyday. So that's why I wouldn't say I'm too religious but I certainly want to be. I do see it as crucial part of me and want to work on it from now on. I'm weak but with Allah's help, InshaAllah one day I'd be happy with myself in terms of spirituality.

That's great to hear mashallah. I have mad for women who wear the hijab, especially when people can be intolerant towards it. Respect :smile:

When I pray, I just love the spiritual connection, it's amazing, I feel some people just pray for sake of it without putting heart into it and savouring it.
That's great to hear mashallah. I have mad for women who wear the hijab, especially when people can be intolerant towards it. Respect :smile:

When I pray, I just love the spiritual connection, it's amazing, I feel some people just pray for sake of it without putting heart into it and savouring it.

Lol JazakAllah for the respect, brother! Its a part of me that I cannot leave. Intolerant people would be intolerant, I seriously couldn't care less about them. Especially, living in Germany made me strong haha.

Omg don't even talk about that feeling when you go to your sajdah♡ I always try my best to pray with feelings. So when I feel like I'm loosing my concentration, I emphasise the words a lot and pretend like I'm crying. Ok don't laugh, I know its funny but that helps me to focus on my namaz.
Lol JazakAllah for the respect, brother! Its a part of me that I cannot leave. Intolerant people would be intolerant, I seriously couldn't care less about them. Especially, living in Germany made me strong haha.

Omg don't even talk about that feeling when you go to your sajdah♡ I always try my best to pray with feelings. So when I feel like I'm loosing my concentration, I emphasise the words a lot and pretend like I'm crying. Ok don't laugh, I know its funny but that helps me to focus on my namaz.

It's best to just tolerate them, never good being an angry person!

Fair enough that's your way to stay concentrated, I just try to visualise the Kaaba and try to keep mind on the namaz.
It is rude. I don't consider my parents freshies.

No tbh, and I agree. I think as I've got older I've become more welcoming to "freshies" and actually am becoming attached to my culture :smile: Also kids needs to stop referring to each other as "Paki's" it annoys me :mad:

What's wrong with Pakis? It's not a derogatory word...
I agree but I think India has banned Pakistan for IPL :|

OMG!! You lucky person! I'm so jealous ! I've always been a crazy fan of Mohammed Hafeez. I love the way he bats! Just so jealous! Are you from Multan btw?

I met him :colone:
Reply 166
Can all Pakistani just gtfo tsr and go study or something.
Original post by h4mza
Bradford isn't that bad actually. There are worse places in UK than Bradford.

Loool its really not as bad as everyone make it out to be (most people haven't even visited Bradford and just believe what people tell them). Yeah we have a couple of imrans banging on about shisha like its life and there's loads of Pakistani chavs who worship drugs but then every city has them.

There's always going to be them little ****s who be like " Im proud to be Pakistani but ew wouldn't go to Bradford coz it has so many Pakis" ok mate, wish I was a proud Pakistani like you :facepalm::yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile
After all this Pakistan talk, turns out I'm actually going to Pakistan soon
Original post by binarythoughts
What's wrong with Pakis? It's not a derogatory word...

It can be seen as offensive, either way I just don't like it, just a personal preference :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
After all this Pakistan talk, turns out I'm actually going to Pakistan soon

Lucky! Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Going after sooo long. Should be fun
Who is he? Is he the guy who gave his life to save students?

http://www.cracked.com/article_18492_5-shockingly-powerful-kids-who-make-you-look-like-coward_p2.html
Going after sooo long. Should be fun

Where in Pakistan are you visiting?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Where in Pakistan are you visiting?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ma home city Karachi
Original post by h4mza
Bradford isn't that bad actually. There are worse places in UK than Bradford.

maybe only Rotherham though.
Original post by Reformed
maybe only Rotherham though.

You can add Slough, Luton and Rochdale to that as well.
Original post by SirMilkSheikh
You can add Slough, Luton and Rochdale to that as well.

Birmingham too

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by -Rainbow Drops-

there are nice parts of birmingham though
Original post by Reformed
there are nice parts of birmingham though

I've not liked any of the areas I've visited. Maybe I'm just going to all the wrong places Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest