The Student Room Group

I'm a British Pakistani, AMA

Scroll to see replies

Original post by binarythoughts
Ma home city Karachi

ah nice, have a nice time! :smile:
Reply 181
Original post by SirMilkSheikh
You can add Slough, Luton and Rochdale to that as well.

Slough?

Why Slough?
Original post by cake_lover
ah nice, have a nice time! :smile:

Thanks, I will! It'll probably be filled with a bunch of aunties and uncles I don't know telling me how much I've grown up
Thanks, I will! It'll probably be filled with a bunch of aunties and uncles I don't know telling me how much I've grown up

haha I even get that when I meet aunties after a few months! The worst is since my sister got married they keep asking me when I'm gonna get married, so awkward :frown:
Original post by PPF
Slough?

Why Slough?

Tbh it's not that bad but it's not nice either. It's a largely industrial area, the streets are dirty and traditional British shops and businesses are in terminal decline owing to the fact the Slough has largely lost it's white english population. You eventually get tired after seeing Asian restaurant after restaurant.

I wouldn't visit Slough again. But I would definitely visit somewhere like Norwich multiple times.
haha I even get that when I meet aunties after a few months! The worst is since my sister got married they keep asking me when I'm gonna get married, so awkward :frown:

I'm the eldest so thankfully that hasn't happened. Though I doubt that'll last.
How old are you?
I'm the eldest so thankfully that hasn't happened. Though I doubt that'll last.
How old are you?

I'm 20, almost 21, so it's only going to get worse haha
Do you look anything like Zayn?
why are British Pakistanis so Hot?
What are your future plans?
I'm 20, almost 21, so it's only going to get worse haha

Gosh, that's kinda early for a boy..
Original post by NerdyMeg
Do you look anything like Zayn?
why are British Pakistanis so Hot?
What are your future plans?

I have the same lips and also have long eyelashes, otherwise no.

Because of samosas and lassi :colone:

Finish uni, get a job, become a qualified accountant and visit different countries over time.
Gosh, that's kinda early for a boy..

I guess it's because I'm seen as the "next one" to get married so they kind of try to tease me.
Do any of your family members also refer to themselves as BBCD (British Born Confused Desi)? haha
how 'religious' are you?
Original post by Beanster
Do any of your family members also refer to themselves as BBCD (British Born Confused Desi)? haha

I've never heard anyone say that in my family haha, I did come across that phrase online a few ago though
Original post by Omar.Q
how 'religious' are you?

not a lot, I pray from time to time, and believe in God, but I'm not a strict religious guy. I'm generally quite liberal and open minded.
not a lot, I pray from time to time, and believe in God, but I'm not a strict religious guy. I'm generally quite liberal and open minded.

achaa, what about your family?
I've never heard anyone say that in my family haha, I did come across that phrase online a few ago though

Haha it's just my strange family then but I feel the meaning actually resonates with a lot of British Muslims. My American cousins (who sometimes refer to themselves as ABCD) are closer to the Pakistani culture than I think British Pakistani's are. It's a lot more close knit but also quite segregated
Original post by Omar.Q
achaa, what about your family?

My mum is a bit fair bit, but still watches her bollywood films and what not. My dad isn't too religious tbh
My mum is a bit fair bit, but still watches her bollywood films and what not. My dad isn't too religious tbh

So a British Pakistani household then lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Why are British Pakistanis so different to just plain ol' Pakistanis? Why are you guys so conformant to the stereotypes that are set to you? SMH and KMT!

Quick Reply

Latest