The Student Room Group

Asurat's road to 4 As at AS

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Asurat
My notes for Chemistry and Physics for both exams are incomplete, so it's easier sitting through a maths paper and doing well than sitting and reading content so that's what I've been doing lately. This also translates to me completing exam papers for the 100 mark exams because I don't feel I get much benefit out of completing them under exam conditions if I don't even remember 1/3 of the content :smile:
This week I'm going to try and finish everything as well as sitting through papers, so hopefully I'll be able to focus my energies to all subjects equally after Sunday.

Thanks for picking that up though, I have been neglecting physics and chem a lil so I'll try and be more structured.

No worries i follow your blog most days so thought id point it out . Long till exams ey
Reply 81
Original post by shhh123
No worries i follow your blog most days so thought id point it out . Long till exams ey

51 days til C1 and it feels like nothing man, when's your first exam?
Reply 82
Tuesday

[] FP1 proof by induction past paper Qs*4-- wednesday
[x] Finish Chemistry module 1 F322 notes (nearly there)
[x] Read F321 notes once over and G481 notes once over
[x] Read through D2 chapter 2 and finish D1 notes

I have to complete an essay today so I won't do anything too time consuming.
*This essay isn't getting done so it's looking like I'm going to do the proof by induction stuff tomorrow in form. The rest should take me about an hour altogether.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 83
I got my chemistry mock back today and I got a B not a C, which I'm a lot more happy with
Original post by Asurat

I got my chemistry mock back today and I got a B not a C, which I'm a lot more happy with
Well done! That's brilliant :smile: You must be really pleased :h:

I've been reading through your blog and admiring your revision plans :yy: They're really solid. :h: :woo:
Reply 85
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
Well done! That's brilliant :smile: You must be really pleased :h:

I've been reading through your blog and admiring your revision plans :yy: They're really solid. :h: :woo:

I'm p pleased because everything seems to be coming together slowly :biggrin:

Thank you! I think the revision plans are a bit over-ambitious because I normally top out after about 2 or 3 hours, but I'll find a middle ground eventually :smile:
Reply 86
In terms of coursework as it stands I have as my top scores:
Chemistry-

Eval 11/15 (I did a 2nd and scored a solid 7/15)
Quant 14/15 (2 attempts)
Qual (yet to sit)

Physics

Quant 16/20 (completed 2, yet to have the second marked)
Eval 9/10 (first was 6 most recent was 9)
Qual 9/10 (sat one today and I scored 9 last time)

So if all continues as is I won't get completely stomped by poor coursework like I did for half of my GCSEs
Reply 87
Original post by Asurat
51 days til C1 and it feels like nothing man, when's your first exam?

11th May . I meant not long till exams my bad typo . But yeah these easter holidays going to cram alot in :/
Reply 88
Original post by shhh123
11th May . I meant not long till exams my bad typo . But yeah these easter holidays going to cram alot in :/

Nahh I envy you! I have to go on holiday and I'm not looking forward to doing the mountain of Decision maths work I've been set whilst everyone else is having fun
Reply 89
Original post by Asurat
Nahh I envy you! I have to go on holiday and I'm not looking forward to doing the mountain of Decision maths work I've been set whilst everyone else is having fun

Holiday in easter ? tbh i have family coming over the first week so not revision then :/
Reply 90
Wedns:
[x] Chap 5 stats (review exercise yet to be completed)
Module 2 phys [x] and chem notes
[x] C1 Jan 2009 marks

C1 paper: 68/75 A, 9 marks into the boundary. I lost marks because I forgot to do a question, I added rather than subtracted which was silly, and an inequality which I still don't get so I'll have to ask my teacher. Really average. I'll reach perfection eventually, this life/exam period or the next
*Checked again. The inequality I made a mistake on was because I mixed up the vertex and the y intercept and assumed that if the y intercept was positive then there would be no real solutions. I won't be doing that again as long as there is air in my lungs.

I've completed all that I was taught of Module 2 physics but did not complete chemistry. I'll have to push this to tomorrow.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 91
I haven't revised since Wednesday because yesterday I fell asleep. Tonight I'll probably do a chapter of stats after I've been out (if I can still write and read coherently).

I've also printed off every June 2009 paper for each of my exams, as well as Jan 2010 for some and Jan 2009 for F322 and G482 (so I can do them again). I'm going on holiday so I'm going to use it as an excuse to leave the hotel room. 16 papers in total.
Reply 92
Saturday

half of Module 2 Chemistry done x
Chapter 5 of stats review exercise complete x
-and chapter 6 read x

1 and a half hour break

Second half of Module 2 chemistry
Module 3 physics complete
Read D1 end of chapter summaries x

So 45 minutes each task, I should be done in about 7 hours. I'm going to try and follow this order so that I can realistically finish everything. Tomorrow I'll start with a D1 paper and then I'm going to see my friends, I'll decide what to do from when I get in, if anything.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 93
I've been working since 6 and I'm getting tired. Didn't even properly write up chem module 1 so I had to redo that. I will have one last coffee and see if I can make it through the end. Physics is looking like somethin I will have to do tomorrow. I must have adequate notes for all of the exams up to date before I go on holiday and I will.
Wow, that's a lot of work. Seriously overworking is worse as under-working, so just be careful.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thought that sharing this will help::smile:

1.Teach your friends and explain to them the concepts.(try to study with your friends)
2.Make condensed notes(important things,things you don't know) for recollection (better to be in mind-map form) Try to make it organised
3.Add must-knows(* for important areas)
4.Whiteboard will be good to train your retention power.(copy and erase,try to recall again)
5.Form questions/answers format paper to boost understanding.(as many as possible for a chapter!)
6.Practise questions(it's better to get a question wrong than right,because if you get it wrong,you will remember it.)

All the best~
Reply 96
Original post by Devran22
Wow, that's a lot of work. Seriously overworking is worse as under-working, so just be careful.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Dw I've got this :cool:, probably worth noting my breaks were about half an hour after the first 2 because I just did a full hour, an I took 2 hours out because I had a steak so I'm not adderall/alpha brain levels of work :smile:
Reply 97
Some news from midweek, you were all dying o know what I got in that homework fp 1 paper I did a while back, and I got 53 which was a C. Not that I particularly care considering I did the Jan 9 again anyway and got an A, but it did highlight an inconsistency with my marking.
I didn't play close attention to detail with the matrix rotation and made the incorrect assumption that 180 degrees in any direction secures the mark. I was wrong. Always anticlockwise. It was clear I just didn't read the paper because I dropped a 5 marker that would leave my AS levels in the dirt if I was that careless in the real thing. I made the same error twice for a parametric equations question ,and the r/r(r+1) summation. So assuming I have time I will run through similar questions tomorrow. I made a key stage 3 mistake by trying to split a fraction a we 'll (one that was rectified when I did the paper at home though)

Anyway I didn't finish module 2 of chemistry and I'm not going to work like a donkey if I have 2 weeks. If I wake up before 10 tomorrow I will finish what was to be done today. If not I don't. I'm going to read the D1 stuff and then relax
Reply 98
Original post by gohjedrek
Thought that sharing this will help::smile:

1.Teach your friends and explain to them the concepts.(try to study with your friends)
2.Make condensed notes(important things,things you don't know) for recollection (better to be in mind-map form) Try to make it organised
3.Add must-knows(* for important areas)
4.Whiteboard will be good to train your retention power.(copy and erase,try to recall again)
5.Form questions/answers format paper to boost understanding.(as many as possible for a chapter!)
6.Practise questions(it's better to get a question wrong than right,because if you get it wrong,you will remember it.)

All the best~

I'm working on most of that currently, I will invest (my mum will invest) in a whiteboard because I haven't used one at home since ks 2, but I remember getting benefit from it (well I don't remember anything bad) thanks for the advice!
Reply 99
The clocks went forward so looking like today is gone as I need an early night.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending