The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by keromedic
Is this your diploma? :smile:

Good luck.

Indeed it is, thankyou!

Original post by Bude8
Do you think singing quality/ability is something you are born with? I can't sing, but I mean, when I see people play a note then sing it, I have no idea how they even do it. And the fact that some people have 'nicer' voices others naturally seems a bit unfair :lol:

Definitely. I feel like I do little to no practice actually singing; all of my practice is exam prep and acting. It's probs my only natural talent, the only thing I can do easily :lol:
Original post by binarythoughts
Yep, enthusiasm is key! :biggrin:

That's great. Do you live on your own?

I lodge with friends (a Year 12 and his mother). My mother sends them money for letting me stay.

Technically right now, I live actually on my own, since the people I live with have moved back to the house the mother owns (she got divorced from her husband and we moved out to this rental property; I'll move back to the owned house in like a week). I'm basically just sitting the house until the person we've got to replace us as tenants can move in :biggrin:

Original post by Red Fox
I had an interview at Sainsbury's and apparently the person who was meant to interview me didn't turn up so they made me wait for about 2 and a half hours. Eventually I just lost my patience. I cut my losses and got a KFC and walked to school. I received a rejection email for the job about 4 months later. I will never shop at Sainsbury's again:lol:.

Christ, what did they expect you to wait for if the interviewer wasn't even there? :lolwut:

The company I'm interviewing with is super professional, I'm not expecting any bull**** like that :tongue:
Original post by rachelc142

Definitely. I feel like I do little to no practice actually singing; all of my practice is exam prep and acting. It's probs my only natural talent, the only thing I can do easily :lol:

And it's a great one, cherish it!! :tongue:

I wish I had a talent for singing. I wanted to take singing lessons, but that ****'s expensive and I don't really have the time. You're super lucky :biggrin:

For like a year my friends and I would sing show tunes while doing whatever it was we were doing :tongue:
Original post by MangoFreak
I lodge with friends (a Year 12 and his mother). My mother sends them money for letting me stay.

Technically right now, I live actually on my own, since the people I live with have moved back to the house the mother owns (she got divorced from her husband and we moved out to this rental property; I'll move back to the owned house in like a week). I'm basically just sitting the house until the person we've got to replace us as tenants can move in :biggrin:

Ooh, sounds like a lot of responsibility!
Ooh, sounds like a lot of responsibility!

Nah. Feeding the cat is basically all I have to do :dontknow: :tongue:
Indeed it is, thankyou!

Life is so unfair man :lol:
My friend with perfect pitch is the most talented musician I know, but he's a left handed guitarist :lol:
And it's a great one, cherish it!! :tongue:

Aw thankyou :-) I will hopefully keep up with it although I get major stage fright

I wish I had a talent for singing. I wanted to take singing lessons, but that ****'s expensive and I don't really have the time. You're super lucky :biggrin:

For like a year my friends and I would sing show tunes while doing whatever it was we were doing :tongue:

Yes singing lessons can be very expensive and to be honest I think they are only useful to get grades! Apart from a few notes on my range and improving my technique my singing hasn't changed a great deal!
Hahaha sounds like fun :tongue:
Original post by Bude8
Life is so unfair man :lol:
My friend with perfect pitch is the most talented musician I know, but he's a left handed guitarist :lol:

How?! I'd much rather be naturally gifted at maths or something that I will actually use !!
Guitarists are another level I swear; I honestly consider singers to be the least talented of musicians because our instrument is our voice

Posted from TSR Mobile
Rejected

Lel
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Rejected

Lel

From what?!
Rejected

Lel

By whom? :frown:
Original post by The Clockwork Apple
From what?!

By whom? :frown:

St Andrews :biggrin: was not worth the wait lol

Was a Chem w French degree

I thought you were talking about a confession of love or something:lol:. Didn't think you'd get rejected by a uni.

St Andrews is probably the most boring place I've ever visited in my life ever tbh if that makes you feel better man

Posted from TSR Mobile
Aw thankyou :-) I will hopefully keep up with it although I get major stage fright

Yes singing lessons can be very expensive and to be honest I think they are only useful to get grades! Apart from a few notes on my range and improving my technique my singing hasn't changed a great deal!
Hahaha sounds like fun :tongue:

How?! I'd much rather be naturally gifted at maths or something that I will actually use !!
Guitarists are another level I swear; I honestly consider singers to be the least talented of musicians because our instrument is our voice

Posted from TSR Mobile

Exactly my point, we can't choose what we're naturally good at etc. :tongue:

I feel like this rejection was out of spite :lol: A friend of mine who already has 2 A*s got rejected from Imperial for Materials but he's got an offer from Oxford :lol:

What?! You got rejected?
I don't understand what standard they expect then? Working at CERN for work experience?
Original post by Bude8

I feel like this rejection was out of spite :lol: A friend of mine who already has 2 A*s got rejected from Imperial for Materials but he's got an offer from Oxford :lol:

A girl I know got an interview at Oxford for maths but got rejected by Durham really late (?) no idea why, sometimes I do think it is out of spite haha xD

Posted from TSR Mobile

How the hell :lol: What the **** is St Andrews, I've never heard of it before you mentioned it.
Original post by Red Fox
I thought you were talking about a confession of love or something:lol:. Didn't think you'd get rejected by a uni.

Hahaha, well... No comment on that one lol

I didn't mind until they said reason was my PS wasn't good enough, which means I am now a 2/10 on sad about it scale instead of 1

St Andrews is probably the most boring place I've ever visited in my life ever tbh if that makes you feel better man

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wouldn't have gone there anyway tbh, but woo, that's good to know
Original post by Bude8

Thanks :tongue: maybe they knew I applied to Camb... Or not Oh well
Original post by The Clockwork Apple
What?! You got rejected?
I don't understand what standard they expect then? Working at CERN for work experience?

Well someone got an offer with ABB at AS or something so maybe they j want rich people only
Singing exam Sunday. ..... D:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luck! I was going to do my grade 7 this year but decided to just focus on my Clarinet instead>.<

Latest