The Student Room Group

British-Pakistani Ex-Muslim, AMA(almost)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheNoobishKnight
Mohammed having a marriage with a 6/9 year old. Disgusting example for the future of mankind.

Just that is more than enough for me. I could give you more though.

That was a different time supposedly. Give me more. P.s I'm not interested in arguing , just curious.
Original post by akj.latif
I guess you could say that, but there is also a sense of duty felt to a country which you live in. Like a sense of civic belonging as a part of a larger group.

My mother is from Pakistan so I've gone a bit, I think 2 years back and the internet wasn't much different than internet anywhere else haha. 7 years ago, people didn't really have smart phones either for the most part. Times are a-changin'

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah you are right. I just tend to stay out the extremes. I won't neglect this country if people talk bad about it but I won't fight for this country in war, especially if it's for something I don't believe in it.

I guess it is. That's interesting. What about your father? What religion are you? I hope you don't mind me asking, ignore if you don't want to answer.
Original post by PapiLanez
That was a different time supposedly. Give me more. P.s I'm not interested in arguing , just curious.

Sure, no problem. I don't mind myself, but half way through I get bored so I don't reply because religious people usually don't have the capacity to believe they are wrong, or if they do, they just ignore it and continue arguing points that don't make sense.
Yeah you are right. I just tend to stay out the extremes. I won't neglect this country if people talk bad about it but I won't fight for this country in war, especially if it's for something I don't believe in it.

I guess it is. That's interesting. What about your father? What religion are you? I hope you don't mind me asking, ignore if you don't want to answer.

Everything has extremes though, but there is no problem with moderation. That goes for nationalism, religion, social movements etc. And since I'm not British, I wouldn't be sure, but isn't there no mandatory military in the UK? Conscription doesn't exist in the west for the most part for reasons like that.

My dad doesn't come from a country any better technologically lol, Saudi Arabia. And I was raised a Muslim and still follow some principles. Progressive Muslim maybe? It's not really a personal question, don't worry.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Everything has extremes though, but there is no problem with moderation. That goes for nationalism, religion, social movements etc. And since I'm not British, I wouldn't be sure, but isn't there no mandatory military in the UK? Conscription doesn't exist in the west for the most part for reasons like that.

My dad doesn't come from a country any better technologically lol, Saudi Arabia. And I was raised a Muslim and still follow some principles. Progressive Muslim maybe? It's not really a personal question, don't worry.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah you are right. I usually stay out of politics and all that golly because I don't know much about it, to be honest.

Yup, I meant in the past they had to due it and maybe in the future they also may do it again, if there is a huge war.

Interesting family lol.
But that's cooool :cool: though I don't know what a progressive is?
Yeah you are right. I usually stay out of politics and all that golly because I don't know much about it, to be honest.

Yup, I meant in the past they had to due it and maybe in the future they also may do it again, if there is a huge war.

Interesting family lol.
But that's cooool :cool: though I don't know what a progressive is?

But wouldn't knowing more about politics and what's going on in that spectrum make you more viable to cast judgment upon it? Can't really stay away from something because you don't know about it, that's fallacious reasoning.

There is still this thing called being a conscientious objector. It existed back then too, before we were as "accommodating" as we are now.

Lol tell me about it, 2 very orthodox cultures.
Progressive meaning willing to adapt beliefs to match the times, rather than rely on historical doctrine as concrete and absolute.

Posted from TSR Mobile
But wouldn't knowing more about politics and what's going on in that spectrum make you more viable to cast judgment upon it? Can't really stay away from something because you don't know about it, that's fallacious reasoning.

There is still this thing called being a conscientious objector. It existed back then too, before we were as "accommodating" as we are now.

Lol tell me about it, 2 very orthodox cultures.
Progressive meaning willing to adapt beliefs to match the times, rather than rely on historical doctrine as concrete and absolute.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I meant that I don't comment or debate about political affairs, not normally at least, because I don't have enough knowledge to do so. I do from time to time stay up to date with world affairs and stuff, just don't spend that much time to really be able to push a good point.

I am pretty sure it was not as easy as saying I want out. But you right, it defo is much easier to do so now.

I know what a progressive is -_-, I mean what type of things have you progressed on?
I meant that I don't comment or debate about political affairs, not normally at least, because I don't have enough knowledge to do so. I do from time to time stay up to date with world affairs and stuff, just don't spend that much time to really be able to push a good point.

I am pretty sure it was not as easy as saying I want out. But you right, it defo is much easier to do so now.

I know what a progressive is -_-, I mean what type of things have you progressed on?

But what holds you back from caring enough to actually spend time learning enough to accurately debate. I might be presumptuous but I'm assuming that you don't know because of apathy. Correct me if I'm wrong, and my apologies if I am.

Oh I'm sure it's not, but due to a more diverse society than the past, religious and cultural reasoning would be taken more to heart because of laws protecting those rights etc.

Haha that's what I though, seemed a bit much to not know the meaning of the word. I think most of my progression lies in gender roles. Clothing choice, behavioural norms, "duties" etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
But what holds you back from caring enough to actually spend time learning enough to accurately debate. I might be presumptuous but I'm assuming that you don't know because of apathy. Correct me if I'm wrong, and my apologies if I am.

Oh I'm sure it's not, but due to a more diverse society than the past, religious and cultural reasoning would be taken more to heart because of laws protecting those rights etc.

Haha that's what I though, seemed a bit much to not know the meaning of the word. I think most of my progression lies in gender roles. Clothing choice, behavioural norms, "duties" etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I won't really find much use in debating in the future and yes therefore therefore I lack interest in it.

Oh okay, that's coooooooooool. I hope it goes well for ya! :smile:
I won't really find much use in debating in the future and yes therefore therefore I lack interest in it.

Oh okay, that's coooooooooool. I hope it goes well for ya! :smile:

Fair enough.

And thank you, you too x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi, AMA but I may not answer anything too private or inappropriate such as how big your schlong is lol.

I'm an ex muslim too-hated the stupid oppressing religion and I agree it's bs. Getting judged for everything lol. I'm also ashamed of being born into a Pakistani (Asian) family.:frown::frown:
Original post by lostinlife__
I'm an ex muslim too-hated the stupid oppressing religion and I agree it's bs. Getting judged for everything lol. I'm also ashamed of being born into a Pakistani (Asian) family.:frown::frown:

Hi troll :biggrin:. Quantum, maybe?
Hi troll :biggrin:. Quantum, maybe?[/Q
Nooooo troll!!! honestly, hate being pakistani and the stupid culture. I will live life to the full and enjoy. ex muslim, now i'm an islamophobic :colondollar:
Original post by lostinlife__

Posted from TSR Mobile

Inferiority complex regarding race detected.
Posted from TSR Mobile
What do you want to do at uni?
Do you really think psychology is a science, cause I don't :mmm:.
So you still believe in a God and a afterlife,or or you atheist now?
What's your view on the Pakistani ISI supporting terrorist groups?
If you could time travel into the past and witness one event in human history, what would it be?
Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile

Inferiority complex regarding race detected.

:mmm:
Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't really know, probably gonna take a gap year and decide then.
Na, TBH, I don't really see it as being a pure science.
Atheist now, or you could say agnostic.
Don't know if they do support terrorists, but it's retarded to do so lol. Maybe focus on making Pakistan a safer place should be a higher priority.

Original post by Dima-Blackburn
If you could time travel into the past and witness one event in human history, what would it be?

I honestly have no idea, but I think seeing the first person to 'control' fire would be quite amazing. What about yourself?
Original post by crosstalk
:mmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you trying to use my comment against me :beard:.
Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you trying to use my comment against me :beard:.

Of course not. I don't doubt the accuracy of your psychoanalysis. :turban:

Quick Reply

Latest