The Student Room Group

giving up 'you know what'

i mean masturbation btw.

i've tried giving up masturbation, but keep relapsing every month or so. is there anyone who has given up for good that has any tips to help me do so? its because of personal reasons.

Scroll to see replies

I honestly thought you were going to say TSR
Reply 2
Masturbation
Reply 3
Original post by channies

lol i thought it was either sex or drinking.
Original post by Ebony19
Masturbation

shh keep it quiet
Reply 5
so no one has any tips? and keep it serious guys
It's actually quite unhealthy to give it up... Sorry.
Original post by channies

I was thinking sex or virginity. This would be a fun Psychoanalytical test to see what an individual is most afraid of giving up. :mmm:
Reply 8
Original post by cah846
It's actually quite unhealthy to give it up... Sorry.

nah i'm sure it will be fine
Original post by Ebony19
Masturbation

Every time you say that word, Jesus sheds a single tear.
Original post by damoni
nah i'm sure it will be fine

^Troll.

Have you looked at the pros and cons of each side of the argument? I mean from a medical point of view, not religious. Beliefs are all well and good, until they start having an adverse effect on your health.
Original post by HandmadeTurnip
Every time you say that word, Jesus sheds a single tear.

Cool story bro.
Reply 12
Original post by cah846
^Troll.

Have you looked at the pros and cons of each side of the argument? I mean from a medical point of view, not religious. Beliefs are all well and good, until they start having an adverse effect on your health.

why am i a troll exactly?

i dont see how not masturbating can have any adverse affects?
lol
Chemical castration.
I give up masturbation every day.
Original post by damoni
why am i a troll exactly?

i dont see how not masturbating can have any adverse affects?

You really want me to go there? I'm guessing you're under 18 and probably practicing in some faith or other...

Basically masturbation has a lot of good Effects, including lowering stress levels, lowering/regulating blood pressure, releasing 'good' hormones and other chemicals that help your brain function; the increased blood flow can relieve headaches and improve brain function, it's safer than sex in that you can't get pregnant or STDs, and it doesn't hurt anyone...
Reply 17
Original post by cah846
You really want me to go there? I'm guessing you're under 18 and probably practicing in some faith or other...

Basically masturbation has a lot of good Effects, including lowering stress levels, lowering/regulating blood pressure, releasing 'good' hormones and other chemicals that help your brain function; the increased blood flow can relieve headaches and improve brain function, it's safer than sex in that you can't get pregnant or STDs, and it doesn't hurt anyone...

i'm not actually religious. i just want to give it up as i indulge in it too much, it wastes time, its addictive, gets in the way of other nore important things and i feel guilty and ashamed after. even if it has good effects, i'd rather not do it due to them reasons.
Original post by damoni
i'm not actually religious. i just want to give it up as i indulge in it too much, it wastes time, its addictive, gets in the way of other nore important things and i feel guilty and ashamed after. even if it has good effects, i'd rather not do it due to them reasons.

It can also help you sleep, so if it's getting in the way of other things then try before you go to bed? You shouldn't feel ashamed, it's not unnatural or bad in any way. :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 19
Original post by cah846
It can also help you sleep, so if it's getting in the way of other things then try before you go to bed? you shouoldn't feel ashamed, it's not unnatural or bad in any way. :smile:

so it really isnt best to give it up then ?

Quick Reply

Latest