The Student Room Group

Do you prefer rainy days or sunny days?

(Obviously if you live in the UK there isn't a lot of time to enjoy sunny days but..)

I personally prefer rainy days. There's something so insanely calming about listening to the rain and walking around under an umbrella when it's raining and seeing the reflection of lights in the puddles that it forms on the streets.

I do enjoy sunny days but nothing gives me more pleasure than rainy days :moon:

What about everyone else? Which do you prefer? :redface:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Sunny days of course!! Why would anyone prefer rainy days! Rain messes up my suits, it creates a gloomy atmosphere and it's usually quite cold as well. I LOVE sunny days, especially when the sun is high up in the clear sky and it's scorching hot, love that :smile: it's amazing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sunny :fluffy:
Well if I had more of a choice I'd choose snow, but I obviously like warm days :tongue: rain won't be a popular choice XD

Posted from TSR Mobile
I like rainy days, I get sunburnt so easily and the rain is relaxing
Original post by Juicy J
Sunny days of course!! Why would anyone prefer rainy days! Rain messes up my suits, it creates a gloomy atmosphere and it's usually quite cold as well. I LOVE sunny days, especially when the sun is high up in the clear sky and it's scorching hot, love that :smile: it's amazing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha I think it's because I'm not from the UK so we don't usually get a lot of rainy days (here in Malta). Sunny days become boring after a while (but they're still quite nice ngl :wink:)
Sunny days, my mood lifts and I feel like I can do anything. There's more opportunity to do things, even just leaning against a tree by the river and reading. I love the sound of rain when I'm indoors though :smile:
Original post by channies
I like rainy days, I get sunburnt so easily and the rain is relaxing

Exactly! :yep:
Reply 8
Sunny days and rainy nights. I feel all happy and carefree when I'm out in the sun during the day but at night I love being all cosy and warm in my flat find hearing rain or hailstones very relaxing while I'm snuggled up. Feel awful for any people or animals out in it though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sunny days by a million miles.
Definitely sunny :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheStoryteller
Haha I think it's because I'm not from the UK so we don't usually get a lot of rainy days (here in Malta). Sunny days become boring after a while (but they're still quite nice ngl :wink:)

I'm not from the UK either, I really miss sunny days!! I love the scorching heat of the Mediterranean climate, it was very difficult to adjust to maritime European climate. I visited Malta once! A very long time ago, I remember the weather was perfect, never had to wear anything other than a t shirt and shorts. Best thing about sunny days like CherryWine said is that you have more options to go out and do things, go to places like parks etc. Rain limits your options somewhat.
Sunny days, but not too sunny. I'm a cricketer, so spend a long time outdoors over summer, and if its raining, it's really cold
Summer rain is the best
(Obviously if you live in the UK there isn't a lot of time to enjoy sunny days but..)

I personally prefer rainy days. There's something so insanely calming about listening to the rain and walking around under an umbrella when it's raining and seeing the reflection of lights in the puddles that it forms on the streets.

have you heard of "Rainy Mood"?
Original post by Juicy J
I'm not from the UK either, I really miss sunny days!! I love the scorching heat of the Mediterranean climate, it was very difficult to adjust to maritime European climate. I visited Malta once! A very long time ago, I remember the weather was perfect, never had to wear anything other than a t shirt and shorts. Best thing about sunny days like CherryWine said is that you have more options to go out and do things, go to places like parks etc. Rain limits your options somewhat.

It's always so sunny here most of the time that it becomes unbearable :rolleyes: But yeah I guess I'll have to agree with the last part :colondollar:
Original post by plasmaman
have you heard of "Rainy Mood"?

omg I love that site so much! I literally just had it open for like an hour - it definitely has the best rain sounds out there. :biggrin:
Original post by Spock's Socks
Sunny days and rainy nights. I feel all happy and carefree when I'm out in the sun during the day but at night I love being all cosy and warm in my flat find hearing rain or hailstones very relaxing while I'm snuggled up. Feel awful for any people or animals out in it though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I actually love a combination of both throughout the day as well :u:

Completely agree
omg I love that site so much! I literally just had it open for like an hour - it definitely has the best rain sounds out there. :biggrin:

Sometimes I listen to it as I go to sleep :smile:
I love the way you can hear the pat-pat against the metal/solid surface as well as the wind in the background :biggrin:

Latest