The Student Room Group

A2 Biology OCR June 2015 Revision Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Priya55192
Does the invertebrates responding to the environment count? I have my evaluative on that tomorrow

Yes I'm sure it does, if you have to do a quantitative part and an evaluative part for it.

What do you have to know for it? I haven't been told to do that evaluative yet, I only do it if my marks for the evaluative I have just done are not that strong
How is it even possible to get such high marks in the coursework?

The mark schemes are ridiculously specific. That or our college is just stupidly harsh when giving marks. I can't help but think many colleges conveniently prepare most candidates for the questions that 'might' come up. That is the only explanation I can think of for such inflated grade boundaries.

Currently sitting on an E having to redo them all :')

That for someone who is aiming for an A* oh god haha, probably gunna have to get practically full ums in the exams like last year fgs
Original post by Solarburst

The mark schemes are ridiculously specific. That or our college is just stupidly harsh when giving marks. I can't help but think many colleges conveniently prepare most candidates for the questions that 'might' come up. That is the only explanation I can think of for such inflated grade boundaries.

That for someone who is aiming for an A* oh god haha, probably gunna have to get practically full ums in the exams like last year fgs

what does you school do to help prepare? As our school gives us an idea on what might come up and where to focus our revision. Which practicals are you going to do for the retakes?

lol same situatiion for me my course work was an E. I only managed to get an A overall because of my exams
Original post by phoebc
Yes I'm sure it does, if you have to do a quantitative part and an evaluative part for it.

What do you have to know for it? I haven't been told to do that evaluative yet, I only do it if my marks for the evaluative I have just done are not that strong

Yep, I've done the quantitative (well part 1). It involves an invertebrates response to environmental conditions - light intensity. You need to know animal behaviour, mainly kinesis, so how the woodlice for example, respond to the light, moving away from it etc. We haven't been told much else what you need to know other than that :s-smilie:
Ok thank you!
Good luck on the evaluative!
Original post by phoebc
what does you school do to help prepare? As our school gives us an idea on what might come up and where to focus our revision. Which practicals are you going to do for the retakes?

Qualitative is out on a field doing the vegetation cover and soil texture, can't remember the exact title.

Quantitative and evaluative is on enzymes...

Original post by s.c.a1
lol same situatiion for me my course work was an E. I only managed to get an A overall because of my exams

Last year I managed to get a B in coursework. But obviously this year that isn't ideal if I want an A*

BAHAHA same, praying I pull 90s out again like last year because my practical skills are a joke skskskskjs

I keep trying to work for an A* but every time I flip to unit 5 I die a little, but then UCL... -dies-
Where do you need the A* for?
Original post by AnnekaChan173
BAHAHA same, praying I pull 90s out again like last year because my practical skills are a joke skskskskjs

I keep trying to work for an A* but every time I flip to unit 5 I die a little, but then UCL... -dies-

Haha I haven't even started revising yet. Planning on doing so during Easter

I don't need an A* for my offer (hopefully offers soon :') ), it's more of a personal thing that knowing I'm capable. Plus who wouldn't want an A* instead of an A. I also feel some sort of responsibility to my teacher because she has to put up with me and gave me that prediction aha
Haha I haven't even started revising yet. Planning on doing so during Easter

I don't need an A* for my offer (hopefully offers soon :') ), it's more of a personal thing that knowing I'm capable. Plus who wouldn't want an A* instead of an A. I also feel some sort of responsibility to my teacher because she has to put up with me and gave me that prediction aha

Fair enough! I just want to prove everyone wrong and show them I can get an A* in Bio! I've done relatively well throughout the year and I thought I'd get the prediction, but my UMS was just off... So I'll just have to pull out the big guns and work. Anyone seen any packs of biology questions, old or new spec?
Fair enough! I just want to prove everyone wrong and show them I can get an A* in Bio! I've done relatively well throughout the year and I thought I'd get the prediction, but my UMS was just off... So I'll just have to pull out the big guns and work. Anyone seen any packs of biology questions, old or new spec?

Good luck! Let me know how it goes come August :')

The only bio questions I do are the past papers...

If you ask your teacher they can compile all the questions for each topic on both old and new spec because they have access to them all

Also same! I got a C in my biology AS last year so i am retaking and an aiming for an A* this year overall
Did anyone do the quantitative and evaluative on the innate behaviour of woodlice, I'm desperately in need of 3 extra marks for this one, what are the questions for the evaluative?
Reply 134
Has anyone done the as internal assessment with something to do with enzymes and concentrations? We are starting that one tomorrow but my teacher doesn't tell us the title until the day. I got 37/40 on my last set but we all have to do two for some reason :frown:

The mark scheme for some of the suggest questions on unit 5 is absurd
Original post by ChoccyPhilly
The mark scheme for some of the suggest questions on unit 5 is absurd

Suggest questions are the death of me.
There was one in the unit 4 mock that literally no one got.
Out of a class of like 30 zero people got both marks.

-sigh- OCR just like making life harder than it needs to be fml
I haven't started revising for F212,14 and 15
Am I screwed?
I got an A last year though, only taking f212 to boost up ums as I scraped the A on it
Need an A for uni

Posted from TSR Mobile
Suggest questions are the death of me.
There was one in the unit 4 mock that literally no one got.
Out of a class of like 30 zero people got both marks.

-sigh- OCR just like making life harder than it needs to be fml

The main problem I have with the exam is that it seems so straight forward when in reality it's not.

Some people are fortunate enough to have the same mind frame as the people who write up the mark scheme.
I am sadly not one of those people but hey, might as well give it everything you have
Original post by frozo123
I haven't started revising for F212,14 and 15
Am I screwed?
I got an A last year though, only taking f212 to boost up ums as I scraped the A on it
Need an A for uni

Posted from TSR Mobile

No. We've got ages.

I haven't started either.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending