The Student Room Group
When you love somebody and that somebody loves you back, provided that that somebody isn't already related to you by blood
Reply 2
Seems to me it is not really a man thing more for women.

No relationships section in men's magazines (as in real men, not metrosexual rubbish)
Original post by esbo
Seems to me it is not really a man thing more for women.

No relationships section in men's magazines (as in real men, not metrosexual rubbish)

Lol, oh dear...
Reply 4
Going out, feeling lovey dovey, exclusive bonking and, in due course, commitment
The point at which the lyrics to George Ezra's "Budapest" are relevant.
Original post by shawn_o1
When you love somebody and that somebody loves you back, provided that that somebody isn't already related to you by blood

I disagree. You're assuming that OP means romantic relationship, but they never actually said that. The relationship with my girlfriend is as different to the relationship with my father is to my relationship with my best friend. They're all forms of relationships.

It's also worth mentioning that I love all of the above, but only one in a romantic way.
A bond between two people who interact regularly.

Or do you specifically mean a relationship relationship as in a dating relationship or the likes? Because friendship = relationship, family = relationship.
Reply 8
Original post by crozibear96
A bond between two people who interact regularly.

Or do you specifically mean a relationship relationship as in a dating relationship or the likes? Because friendship = relationship, family = relationship.

I don't know, the word is not really in my vocabulary, there is no section of my brain labelled "relationships " :biggrin:
Original post by esbo
As above.

I've always wanted to know.

When you love someone and they love you back. Someone who cares about you, is kind to you, understands your feelings.
This sounds stupid but what’s the difference between a relationship and friends with benefits, struggling because we aren’t official but we aren’t nothing and idk if I’m reading into it or being used
are you silly? If youve both agreed to the terms of "fwb" then you arent being used because you agreed to it so you are mutually agreeing to have the "benefits", now if they claimed to be exclusive with you but slept with other people & you didnt know then youd be used
Original post by Anonymous
This sounds stupid but what’s the difference between a relationship and friends with benefits, struggling because we aren’t official but we aren’t nothing and idk if I’m reading into it or being used

A relationship is where you both like each other a lot in terms of personality and worldview and everything, and you usually have sex and go do things together and generally support each other. A FWB thing is where you basically just have sex, as a minimum. Some FWBs are also genuinely friends and support each other to that degree, but some aren't.

It doesn't sound like you and your partner have really defined what you are yet, sufficiently. Talk to them about it!
It’s a tricky one because we talk almost all day, he calls me, but he lives far so the first time we met we went out but the other times he just comes to my house and we end up ****ing and watch movies as it’s hard to fit each other in. We’ve both said we get freaked out by labels but I acc want something with him idk. Thanks though will try and bring it up.

Spoiler

Lol haven’t agreed to any terms and idk if he is doing stuff with others
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
A relationship is where you both like each other a lot in terms of personality and worldview and everything, and you usually have sex and go do things together and generally support each other. A FWB thing is where you basically just have sex, as a minimum. Some FWBs are also genuinely friends and support each other to that degree, but some aren't.

It doesn't sound like you and your partner have really defined what you are yet, sufficiently. Talk to them about it!

Original post by tyurgud5
are you silly? If youve both agreed to the terms of "fwb" then you arent being used because you agreed to it so you are mutually agreeing to have the "benefits", now if they claimed to be exclusive with you but slept with other people & you didnt know then youd be used
if you havent agreed to be exclusive or fwb then isnt that just the early stages of a relationship? its called "dating"
Lol haven’t agreed to any terms and idk if he is doing stuff with others
(edited 4 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending