The Student Room Group

Why do you get up each day, what is the point ?

What is the point of life ? all seems kinda pointless
What do you have to look forward to ?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous

Motivated to succeed in exams, get into my first choice uni, get a good job
Reply 2
Money.

I get up, go to college, to learn, so I do well in exams, to get into uni, to get a good degree, to get a good degree, to make money. That is essentially the point of my getting up every day.
Reply 3
I do it because I have to. Just gotta fight through it, take it a day at a time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by ali_blue
Motivated to succeed in exams, get into my first choice uni, get a good job

What motivation would you have if get medicore grades, go to a medicore uni and get a medicore job ?
Reply 5
Original post by aoxa
Money.

I get up, go to college, to learn, so I do well in exams, to get into uni, to get a good degree, to get a good degree, to make money. That is essentially the point of my getting up every day.

What are you gonna do with Money ? Money doesnt buy happiness
I book things in advance e.g. gigs, going away, festivals, etc so that I always have something to look forward to. No matter how **** life is I can always think "23 more days until.." and then get on with the daily mundane stuff. I have to do this otherwise I ask myself the same question you just asked when I wake up every morning and answer "there is no point, I'm a slave to money and then I'll die". Nowadays I smile :smile:
Get money, be happy, get a house, have kids, enjoy my job, get married, travel the world. Oh and have a car and motorbike
To have a life.
Reply 9
Original post by CherryWine
I book things in advance e.g. gigs, going away, festivals, etc so that I always have something to look forward to. No matter how **** life is I can always think "23 more days until.." and then get on with the daily mundane stuff. I have to do this otherwise I ask myself the same question you just asked when I wake up every morning and answer "there is no point, I'm a slave to money and then I'll die". Nowadays I smile :smile:

Sounds like a good idea :smile:

Original post by Andrew657Thomas
Get money, be happy, get a house, have kids, enjoy my job, get married, travel the world. Oh and have a car and motorbike

I guess my question is more aimed at people who have graduated from uni. When I was at School my main motivation was passing exams, thinking good exam results was a key to a successful and happy life. Comes a time when you just give up trying to do the things youve listed
After Rent,Bills and Food - I have about £250 a month leftover. Even if I had £500 at the end of the month, I dont think I would be any happier because their isnt anything in particular i want to buy
What motivation would you have if get medicore grades, go to a medicore uni and get a medicore job ?

Id be motivated to try harder, get better grades and get into a better uni
Reply 12
What are you gonna do with Money ? Money doesnt buy happiness

They say it doesn't buy happiness :colone:

Spoiler

Reply 13
To help save lives
Original post by ali_blue
Id be motivated to try harder, get better grades and get into a better uni

What if youve already graduated
Original post by aoxa
They say it doesn't buy happiness :colone:

Spoiler

true making other people happy is one way of being happy, I dont live with my family but I plan on moving back home soon as living alone is just depressing. Even then I miss being at uni seeing my friends everyday everyone complaining about exams idk just feel kind of lost

The next fap.
School, don't fancy feeling like a failure for the rest of my life because I couldn't be bothered right now
Sucks that your life had reached that stage. So much to do there isn't enough hours in a day.

Annoyingly exams and assignment deadlines is why I get up.
Because there are a lot of good enjoyable things in my life. Sadly also quite a bit of stress and bad things in the world around..
I'm alive, I'm somewhat well, and anything can happen. I can be as unusual as I like and it's just another day.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending