The Student Room Group

Why do you get up each day, what is the point ?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
What if youve

Find what you're interested in, Persue it
Original post by ali_blue
Find what you're interested in, Persue it

not many activities you can do on your own
not many activities you can do on your own

There's loads, if you lack friends then you'll meet new people too
Sounds like a good idea :smile:

I guess my question is more aimed at people who have graduated from uni. When I was at School my main motivation was passing exams, thinking good exam results was a key to a successful and happy life. Comes a time when you just give up trying to do the things youve listed

I've graduated and have a lot of down days, where I question everything and regret wishing my life away when I was a teenager. It's hard to be optimistic about life when all you see is years and years of full time work ahead. My plan atm is to work full time for a few years and then drop to part time as soon as I think I can afford it so I can have a life outside work. I think that's what gets me up in the morning is the hope that some day life will be better.
Original post by phunky_fresh
There's loads, if you lack friends then you'll meet new people too

sounds good
My main interests are Football & Basketball but im not really a fan of clubbing and drinking
Original post by DarkMagic
I've graduated and have a lot of down days, where I question everything and regret wishing my life away when I was a teenager. It's hard to be optimistic about life when all you see is years and years of full time work ahead. My plan atm is to work full time for a few years and then drop to part time as soon as I think I can afford it so I can have a life outside work. I think that's what gets me up in the morning is the hope that some day life will be better.

I can relate to that, life just seems so pointless. You spent your entire teenage years wishing you were an adult and then its just so empty.

When I was younger the highlight of my month would be buying a Xbox game, now I can eat an Xbox game everyweek but doesnt give me that same satisfaction .
Original post by bittr n swt
Sucks that your life had reached that stage. So much to do there isn't enough hours in a day.

Annoyingly exams and assignment deadlines is why I get up.

yea pretty empty sometimes I feel physically sick

Original post by Blind Ferret
I'm alive, I'm somewhat well, and anything can happen. I can be as unusual as I like and it's just another day.

pointless no ?
Because there is fun stuff to do.
I figure however pitiful my existence is, it's still better than the alternative. For the moment at least.
What are you gonna do with Money ? Money doesnt buy happiness

Haha, you'll be surprised what it can do in terms of happiness.
dude at some point in life (almost) everyone would have felt like you do now, find a hobby, go to the gym, do what you love. now obviously this wont change overnight, think positive and positive things will happen trust me. life is short bro, so live it
I get up each day so I can spend time with those I love such my bf and cats and to have fun by playing games. I also try and make each day worth while, even just in a small way.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Imperion
Haha, you'll be surprised what it can do in terms of happiness.

I guess im thankful I have a roof and food in my fridge but still feel so empty.

Original post by nigerianTank
dude at some point in life (almost) everyone would have felt like you do now, find a hobby, go to the gym, do what you love. now obviously this wont change overnight, think positive and positive things will happen trust me. life is short bro, so live it

Everyone else seems so happy, i think something just wrong with me. I was talking to this girl at work, and not quite sure what I said maybe it came out wrong but she gave me this really scared look and since then has been avoiding me like crazy. I tried talking to her again and she reported me to HR and now ive been banned from talking to her...
Do u want to be homeless? Do you want to wake up every day knowing that you have no future?
Some people doesn't have a choice but you do.
Lead your life to success where you can look back proudly and say 'I did it! I made it happen!'. Wake up and live; don't waste the chance by regretting and questioning life itself, because for each person, their purpose of life is different.

"Life can have any purposes as long as you're willing to work for it ":tongue:
Me? I just want to earn money. :biggrin:. Enough money to make my parents have a comfy life in the future.
To see the children I look after and to get monies. :redface:

Oh and seeing PFG is always a bonus lately too :cute:
Original post by CherryWine
I book things in advance e.g. gigs, going away, festivals, etc so that I always have something to look forward to. No matter how **** life is I can always think "23 more days until.." and then get on with the daily mundane stuff. I have to do this otherwise I ask myself the same question you just asked when I wake up every morning and answer "there is no point, I'm a slave to money and then I'll die". Nowadays I smile :smile:

Wish I could rep this post - I do this too! Certainly does help a bit, booking fun stuff to look forward to :yep:
if i dont get up, who will stop the Osborne-Cameron tyranny?

VOTE GREEN MAY 7TH
I'm still at university so I suppose I can't fully relate to your situation. In fact, what makes my happiest right now are university-related things and I spent most of my holidays at home, when I'm not doing anything, counting the days until I get to go back to an environment where I feel much more comfortable.

But, in my earlier, less happy, years I suppose what kept me going was the belief/ knowledge that I would at least enjoy my life when I reach sixth-form/ become a university student and become more independent. I guess it was a blind (but also accurate) hope that the future will get better. It's a matter of self-fulfilling prophecy when it comes to these things, I've realised. If you have a positive outlook and are generally optimistic, your future will probably be more rosy too. :smile:
Original post by DIN-NARYU-FARORE
if i dont get up, who will stop the Osborne-Cameron tyranny?

VOTE GREEN MAY 7TH

Aha, that's an excellent response. :tongue:
After Rent,Bills and Food - I have about £250 a month leftover. Even if I had £500 at the end of the month, I dont think I would be any happier because their isnt anything in particular i want to buy

You rent, so a house would be first on the list.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending