The Student Room Group

Civil service fast stream 2014/2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by GManTheGMan
I wonder how many places there would have been on the FS in NI? It's a real shame considering this is supposed to be an investment in the future (and a shame for you that you're geographically-bound). It might be worth talking to the team to see if there are any generalist places in NI (as I thought I heard there were) but I suppose they couldn't make any guarantees.

I also worry this will push up the entry requirements for other streams!
Original post by jamal_azizi
Is the 7 day wait applicable to all streams?

Yep! That's the time it takes for Parity to process the scores that you achieved at FSAC, and let you know if you're either immediately successful (because you got a very high score) or immediately unsuccessful (either because you got a very low score or because you achieved less than 2 in one of the competencies). Those groups of people are informed within 7 days, everyone else has to go into the amber band and wait until the bands are narrowed about once a month. This is the same for all streams.
Original post by grownupfrog
I'd appreciate the answer to this too! Were you told that your file had been passed on? I know that my pre-appointment checks are finished but I haven't had any further emails from Parity...

Sorry to hear that. At least you knew that it was a possibility but it still sucks.

I got an email confirmation to say that my file had been sent to the Fast Stream Assignment Team from Parity, but I haven't heard anything from the team in London since :s I don't know how long to leave it before chasing someone haha.
Original post by jackareeno
I got an email confirmation to say that my file had been sent to the Fast Stream Assignment Team from Parity, but I haven't heard anything from the team in London since :s I don't know how long to leave it before chasing someone haha.

I know my checks are finished since that's now changed to 'successful' on the portal but they haven't emailed me again - maybe they're hanging on to it until the second round of applications is complete. (I'm on HR and there are two intakes each year). Thanks!

I'd wait a little longer before chasing. It does say in loads of places that there could be a long wait and most people don't find out their placements etc for another few months yet so we aren't behind...
Original post by grownupfrog
I know my checks are finished since that's now changed to 'successful' on the portal but they haven't emailed me again - maybe they're hanging on to it until the second round of applications is complete. (I'm on HR and there are two intakes each year). Thanks!

I'd wait a little longer before chasing. It does say in loads of places that there could be a long wait and most people don't find out their placements etc for another few months yet so we aren't behind...

Blimey, a few months! It would be nice to get an automatic email or something that confirmed they had received your file and would contact you within a few months haha. I have no idea how many intakes there are for Central Departments :s
Blimey, a few months! It would be nice to get an automatic email or something that confirmed they had received your file and would contact you within a few months haha. I have no idea how many intakes there are for Central Departments :s

I was contacted by the Welsh Government for the Social Research stream in February. Which was 7/8 weeks after my pre-appointment checks were completed. It's now nearly the end of March and I still haven't had a formal offer, so I think there's potentially some waiting time ahead, but I think it depends on department/role.
Original post by frankers1088
I was contacted by the Welsh Government for the Social Research stream in February. Which was 7/8 weeks after my pre-appointment checks were completed. It's now nearly the end of March and I still haven't had a formal offer, so I think there's potentially some waiting time ahead, but I think it depends on department/role.

Cool, thanks for giving me some background. Looks like I better just sit on my hands and not panic for a few months haha. Did they email you to arrange a phone call or just ring out the blue? I guess each department or devolved government will work differently :s
Reply 2627
Original post by jamal_azizi
Is the 7 day wait applicable to all streams?

Might be shorter, I heard within 3 working days that I was successful for CD.
Does anyone know what the craic is withwithdrawing to take something else? I passed my pre-appointment checks but got made another offer I'm planning on taking instead for a few reasons.
Reply 2629
Original post by inagist
Does anyone know what the craic is withwithdrawing to take something else? I passed my pre-appointment checks but got made another offer I'm planning on taking instead for a few reasons.

Just click withdraw application at your candidate homepage, left hand side.

Just the one! There are two for Analytical, Commercial, and HR.
Cool, thanks for giving me some background. Looks like I better just sit on my hands and not panic for a few months haha. Did they email you to arrange a phone call or just ring out the blue? I guess each department or devolved government will work differently :s

I chased Parity a couple of times, but them the department emailed me. I've had a few emails and the option of a chat, but I said I'd rather wait until a firm offer was made (I'm still unsure if I will take it).
Has the March sift taken place already? So for those in the amber band the next sift is the final one?
Reply 2633
Original post by Hot Sauce
Has the March sift taken place already? So for those in the amber band the next sift is the final one?

It doesn't seem like it, but it should be sometime in the next 7 days. No one that I know in the amber band has heard anything and there's nothing on this thread so I'm presuming it hasn't happened yet.
They said 'some time next week', last week. Presumably that means the sift will happen at 5:59 PM on Friday...
Reply 2635
I attended a FSAC this week but it's still saying 'Awaiting event'. How long does it take until it says 'Awaiting Results'?
Reply 2636
Original post by HR05
I attended a FSAC this week but it's still saying 'Awaiting event'. How long does it take until it says 'Awaiting Results'?

I attended mine on a Wednesday and it changed to 'awaiting results' on Friday evening (around 6pm). I then received some results on Monday morning (around 10:30am).
Reply 2637
Original post by rm436
I attended mine on a Wednesday and it changed to 'awaiting results' on Friday evening (around 6pm). I then received some results on Monday morning (around 10:30am).

Original post by HR05

At least a couple of days. I had FSAC on a Monday and it went to Awaiting Results on the Wednesday afternoon.
Reply 2639
Eugh they just told me that they are expecting the penultimate sift to take place 'this week or, if not, early next week'. Knowing them I'm guessing that means it'll be next week then!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending