The Student Room Group

Guy keeps asking me out, he is now in his ninth year

When I was 13 a boy 'Tom', also 13, started asking me out. Every 6 months he asks me out. Everyone at my old school called him my stalker because he used to threaten to kill himself over me. I have told him kindly that I am not interested in him that way, and that maybe he should seek some counselling. I have tried blocking him on social media, changing my name, location etc. but he keeps tracking me down. He sends me messages trying to emotionally blackmail. I am sick of him sending me Paramore songs and other ****.

Seriously, what is wrong with this guy? I am not a supermodel or anything. I have made it clear I am not interested but still he won't leave me alone. He has not threatened me online but I am still scared. I also don't want to deal with him; I find it emotionally draining. I know it is upsetting being knocked back, but I am sick of him making me out to be a bitch.
Reply 1
He also keeps sending me stuff like "I have changed my life around because of you. You make me a better person. I got my job because of you". I have not seen him for 6 years, I have nothing to do with him. I don't even talk to him, he comes out with all this rubbish he must be deluded.
Reply 2
He has also told his friends that I dated him for several years, cheated on him and aborted his baby. Until I showed them pictures of his messages, I had a lot of abuse online from his friends.
Original post by Anonymous
He has also told his friends that I dated him for several years, cheated on him and aborted his baby. Until I showed them pictures of his messages, I had a lot of abuse online from his friends.

Just go out with the poor guy, you will seriously change his life and make him so happy.... how can you be so heartless?:eek:
Reply 4
Just go out with the poor guy, you will seriously change his life and make him so happy.... how can you be so heartless?:eek:

Screw that pathetic guy, not your problem anymore.
Well sometimes guys don't learn the easy way. What you need to do is to find a picture of him. Use Microsoft Paint to draw a large penis on his head. It doesn't have to look great.

Underneath the picture write, "This is what I see whenever I see you. I don't want you, dickhead". He should get the message after that.

I suggest sending him the modified picture via post rather than email/text as this has more of an effect.

but he keeps tracking me down.

Looks like he's tracked you here as well :biggrin:
Reply 8
Original post by Placeboo123
Looks like he's tracked you here as well :biggrin:

I was wondering that myself.... at least he doesn't know what account name I have.
I was wondering that myself.... at least he doesn't know what account name I have.

Though maybe you could give him a try?
(Looks like he hacked me too!) xd
Original post by Placeboo123
Though maybe you could give him a try?
(Looks like he hacked me too!) xd

No. I will never be physically attracted to him or his personality. If someone were to create a person with every turn-off it would be this guy. Harsh, and I haven't told him this, but it is true. I only talk to him occasionally because I feel sorry for him.
Personally, I would collate the evidence of his messages and call the Police.

I wouldn't be surprised if he has a key board logger on your computer and etc.

He probably needs Psychiatric intervention.
(edited 9 years ago)
No. I will never be physically attracted to him or his personality. If someone were to create a person with every turn-off it would be this guy. Harsh, and I haven't told him this, but it is true. I only talk to him occasionally because I feel sorry for him.

You need to stop talking to him completely, you don't say how old you are now but if this started when you were 13 I'm guessing he's had feelings for you for a few years now. Next time he contacts you tell him that you have no interest in him and don't want him contacting you again. Then make sure he's blocked on all social media, block his phone number.

Keep a log of any times that he contacts you and save any messages or texts but don't reply to them. If he carries on after you've told him not to it might be worth talking to the police. Not sure how much they'll be able to do considering he hasn't threatened you but worth getting their advice.

This might sound harsh but he's obviously got a huge infatuation and I doubt he'll get over it if you keep talking to him as in his head it's just giving him hope that you'll change your mind. Better in the long run if you cut contact completely.
Original post by DorianGrayism
Personally, I would collate the evidence of his messages and call the Police.

I wouldn't be surprised if he has a key board logger on your computer and etc.

He probably needs Psychiatric intervention.

If this has been going on for nine years, I agree. It sounds like he has a serious mental health problem.
Reply 14
Does he know where you live? If he doesn't I guess ignoring him could be an option though I don't think it would be too difficult for him to find out if he really wanted to.

Posted from TSR Mobile
This is a mental health problem, pure and simple. I have no idea what kind it could be, but no normal person is like this. It's weird. And I'd be scared.

Threaten to call the police next time he does it.
I agree with going to the police. Don't delete any of the messages he sends you, etc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending