Kinda missing Y9. :mmm::tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Missing GCSE a little :tongue:
Original post by Gingerbread101
Missing GCSE a little :tongue:

:rofl::moon:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 43
How much of this thread are actually year 9's?
Original post by Aph
How much of this thread are actually year 9's?

I'm year 9!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 45
Original post by Elijah Wilkinson

You're in a minority then:redface:
Original post by Black Rose
Hello :wavey: Welcome to The Current Year 9 thread of 2014-15!

So, I've noticed that there have been quite a few Year 9s in the GCSE forum recently and thought I would make a thread for y'all so that you can talk to each other and discuss your options :h:

Ice Breaker Questions

Useful Links:
New GCSE Changes Explained
GCSE forum (place for any questions, discussions you want to start etc)
Study Help - if you ever need help on a particular subject

If you think there is something that should be added to this list then let me know :smile:

Quotes (these are some of the Year 9s that I've seen around on the GCSE forum, if you're in Year 9 then let me know and I'll add you onto the list :yep:)

Spoiler

can you please add me :smile:
Thanks
Original post by Toastie2001
can you please add me :smile:
Thanks

Hi! :hi: I'm karmacrunch (I'm in Year 10) and I'm guessing that you're in Y9? :tongue: Welcome to :tsr:!

How are you? + How has Year 9 been so far? :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by karmacrunch
Hi! :hi: I'm karmacrunch (I'm in Year 10) and I'm guessing that you're in Y9? :tongue: Welcome to :tsr:!

How are you? + How has Year 9 been so far? :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi Karmacrunch, I'm good. In my GCSEs I'll be taking electronic products, art, French, history and triple science, :smile:.
I'm taking Art, History and Geography, as well as the core subjects and Computing (our school makes us take either this or I.T).
Original post by Toastie2001
Hi Karmacrunch, I'm good. In my GCSEs I'll be taking electronic products, art, French, history and triple science, :smile:.

Ah, okay! :biggrin: If you have any questions about your subjects (or Y10) just ask. I can ask others quote others here if you do have any Qs because I don't do any of yours, except for Triple Science and I do take a DT subject (Textiles)... :tongue:

Original post by Gribby2
I'm taking Art, History and Geography, as well as the core subjects and Computing (our school makes us take either this or I.T).

Hi! I'm karmacrunch and welcome to :tsr:! I'm in Year 10 so you can ask me questions if you'd like. :yep:

How are you? + Are you excited about your options? :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello Karmacrunch, I am fine. I am excited for GCSE's, however, exams a rather an alarming prospect. Thank you for your support.
Reply 52
Hi, my name is Matthew and I am 14.
I am finding Year 9 okay, started getting into trouble a lot, don't know why..
I have already chose my GCSE's but it comprises in 9 GCSE's and 3 BTECs so 12 GCSE in total: English Lang&Liter, Double Science, Maths, RE&PE (compulsory)
Geography, Business Studies, Health&SocCare, Product Design and Media (I am going to chose that in Y10 for Y11.) (I chose)
I am actually quite excited about starting my GCSEs finally something I will like to do!
My hobbies are Politics (quite unusual for my age, but good I guess) and Psychology.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by TIS200
Hi, my name is Matthew and I am 14.
I am finding Year 9 okay, started getting into trouble a lot, don't know why..
I have already chose my GCSE's but it comprises in 9 GCSE's and 3 BTECs so 12 GCSE in total: English Lang&Liter, Double Science, Maths, RE&PE (compulsory)
Geography, Business Studies, Health&SocCare, Product Design and Media (I am going to chose that in Y10 for Y11.) (I chose)
I am actually quite excited about starting my GCSEs finally something I will like to do!
My hobbies are Politics (quite unusual for my age, but good I guess) and Psychology.

Cool! My name is Matthew too, 14 and in Year 9. Welcome to the Year 9 Thread :top:.
Hi,

I'm in year 9, I've got until April to hand in my options form.

At moment my 5 choices are:
Spanish
Geography
Sports science
Drama
Reserve:Business studies

I'm still a little unsure about drama, but my teacher strongly recommends that I should consider it as an option👍

It would be greatly appreciated if people could give me an overview on the subjects above for GCSE.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 55
All looks good however I would swap sports science with business studies, because looking at your options, if all goes well you could do good with business studies whereas if you take sports science you would get a job in physiotherapy personal training etc. business studies is quite rewarding.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RXMXXKX
Hi,

I'm in year 9, I've got until April to hand in my options form.

At moment my 5 choices are:
Spanish
Geography
Sports science
Drama
Reserve:Business studies

I'm still a little unsure about drama, but my teacher strongly recommends that I should consider it as an option

It would be greatly appreciated if people could give me an overview on the subjects above for GCSE.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I only do geography out of those subjects, the subject is split into Human geography where you learn about population, migration, tourism etc and Natural, where you learn about coasts, rivers, natural hazards etc. It depends on your exam board really, but I believe bitesize lists all the topics from all exam boards here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/gcsebitesize/geography/ Edexcel (which is what I'm doing) have a skills paper also which test map and graph skills stuff, not sure if all exam boards have that too :smile:

Tbh I wish I did history instead. Geog is not for me and I think many others in my class don't like it either but that may be because we don't get very good grades, not sure if that's the teaching.. :tongue: Buuut, my opinion is biased ofc, karmacrunch does geog too and it seems she really like the subject :h:
Original post by gortz1o1
dont take business
Why not? :curious:

Original post by emilytjones
i'm year 10 not year 9 :smile:
Sorry about that, have taken you off the list! :tongue:
So sorry year 9s! This has been long overdue, but I've updated the OP now :yep: (Well, I have some names to add to the quote list but I can't seem to edit :sad:) I haven't completely neglected you though, I have browsed through here a few times.. I'll pay attention to you more, pwomise :puppyeyes:

MrMackyTv
x

RXMXXKX
x

daydreamingx
x

Matildascarlett
x

Elijah Wilkinson
x

Toastie2001
x

Gribby2
x

AryanGh
x

A belated welcome to the thread to you all :rave: Welcome to :tsr2: if you're new to the site. If you have any questions about it, I'll be happy to help :h:

:party:

Gingerbread101
x

karmacrunch
x

AdamCee
x

Mr...
x

You guys. Thank you for welcoming and answering questions. :awesome:

Spoiler

(edited 9 years ago)