The Student Room Group
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website

Offer in Strategy & International Business!!!

Hey guys! I just got an offer MSc in Strategy & Internatioanl Business, I'm really excited! Does anyone knows about this program? And is there any advises on accommodation? I've heard IQ is a good choice:smile:
Original post by TeddyGang
Hey guys! I just got an offer MSc in Strategy & Internatioanl Business, I'm really excited! Does anyone knows about this program? And is there any advises on accommodation? I've heard IQ is a good choice:smile:

Hey! Congrats on your offer! I recently applied for this course! Would like your the answers and your opinions on the following questions.

1. Could you describe your profile? For me to evaluate my chances!

2. How long did they take to accept you?

3. Why did you choose this course?

4. Are you international or from the UK?

Best Regards!
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Yes! Get in!! Congrats bro :eek:

Hi there,

Glad to hear you've got a place with us. When it comes to accommodation we have to back our own student villages. It comes in handy living three minutes away from your lecture when you've had a heavy night and a 9am lectures is on the cards. But regardless we are sure you'll have a great time here, no matter where you're living.

If you have any questions about the university, student life or Birmingham in general just give me a shout and i should be able to help you out.

2014 Aston Graduate and Brummy of 23 years
Josh
Reply 4
Original post by totalpatzer
Hey! Congrats on your offer! I recently applied for this course! Would like your the answers and your opinions on the following questions.

1. Could you describe your profile? For me to evaluate my chances!

2. How long did they take to accept you?

3. Why did you choose this course?

4. Are you international or from the UK?

Best Regards!

Hey man, thx for the reply! I'm glad to help;

As for your questions:

1&4. I'm an international student, I'm from China. I've been studying danish in Beijing Foreign Studies University(it's the best language learning place in China), aside from danish, I've also got a second bachelor degree in finance, but my academic records in finance is pretty low indeed:frown:. The records of my major danish is pretty high. I was graduated in 2012, and I've been working in Deloitte for 2 years since then. I guess my working experience helps me a bit.:smile:

2. It took about a week i think;

3. Reason for I chose this course is partly because I think it is relate to consulting jobs, I've always want to work in this field. What I do in Deloitte is audit, it's not a very good choice here in China, but it was very difficult to get in the consulting department or a consulting firm. Another reason is that I thought it might be easier for me to be accepted than the finance courses, if my finance scores are higher, i probably would apply for the accounting & finance.

Hope my answer can be helpful to you:wink:
Reply 5
Original post by futbol
Yes! Get in!! Congrats bro :eek:

Thx man! I've been rejected by several schools already, so when i opened the offer email i was really exciting!
Reply 6
Original post by Aston University
Hi there,

Glad to hear you've got a place with us. When it comes to accommodation we have to back our own student villages. It comes in handy living three minutes away from your lecture when you've had a heavy night and a 9am lectures is on the cards. But regardless we are sure you'll have a great time here, no matter where you're living.

If you have any questions about the university, student life or Birmingham in general just give me a shout and i should be able to help you out.

2014 Aston Graduate and Brummy of 23 years
Josh

Thank you Josh! I see there's lakeside and three others, is there any recommendation? and is the internet fast?:rolleyes:
Thank you Josh! I see there's lakeside and three others, is there any recommendation? and is the internet fast?:rolleyes:

Hi there,

Lakeside, is our slightly older accommodation. Thus it's a slightly more affordable. And the fit and finished is slightly more loved over the years. It's still however a fantastic place to live. All en-suite with an amazing view of the lake.

The other accommodation blocks were all built at the same time and are relatively similar in terms of fit and furnish, the only difference is between 5 and 7 people. Obviously with 5 you get a bit more space, but then it's not as social.

However i think the only way to truly tell if you like somewhere is to visit it, feel free to come one of our open days and have a look around.

regarding our internet all of our accommodation comes with free high speed broadband. However it is slightly more reliable if you use an ethernet cable, opposed to wireless. As with most general applications. So i would keep that in mind and make sure you have some to hand when you turn up. :smile:

Anything else just give me a shout.
Hey man, thx for the reply! I'm glad to help;

As for your questions:

1&4. I'm an international student, I'm from China. I've been studying danish in Beijing Foreign Studies University(it's the best language learning place in China), aside from danish, I've also got a second bachelor degree in finance, but my academic records in finance is pretty low indeed:frown:. The records of my major danish is pretty high. I was graduated in 2012, and I've been working in Deloitte for 2 years since then. I guess my working experience helps me a bit.:smile:

2. It took about a week i think;

3. Reason for I chose this course is partly because I think it is relate to consulting jobs, I've always want to work in this field. What I do in Deloitte is audit, it's not a very good choice here in China, but it was very difficult to get in the consulting department or a consulting firm. Another reason is that I thought it might be easier for me to be accepted than the finance courses, if my finance scores are higher, i probably would apply for the accounting & finance.

Hope my answer can be helpful to you:wink:

Thanks! Your answer has been really informative. Just a further question. How reputable is Aston Business School in your country?
Reply 9
Original post by totalpatzer
Thanks! Your answer has been really informative. Just a further question. How reputable is Aston Business School in your country?

Honestly, not so many people know much about Aston, but i've did searched a lot of information about ABS, and the courses they teach, and combining with the city and it's location, i think ABS is a great choice for me.

i hope you get your offer soon, so that we can be classmates

Quick Reply

Latest