The Student Room Group

Veterinary Medicine 2015 hopefuls!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by laurenmcb96
Hi! I have an offer from Surrey and still waiting to hear from liverpool :frown: anyone know what the chances of liverpool giving out an unconditional? This is my second time applying!

I'm in the same situation as you I got my offer from Surrey on Monday but I still haven't heard anything from Liverpool. I'm hoping they'll get back to us by the end of the week :smile: I'm a reapp too

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by vethopeful2015
I'm in the same situation as you I got my offer from Surrey on Monday but I still haven't heard anything from Liverpool. I'm hoping they'll get back to us by the end of the week :smile: I'm a reapp too

Posted from TSR Mobile

May I ask, when your Surrey interview was and how you heard of the offer? Thanks
Original post by wanttobevet
May I ask, when your Surrey interview was and how you heard of the offer? Thanks

It was March 18th and I heard through ucas

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by vethopeful2015
It was March 18th and I heard through ucas

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratulations and thanks. You were clearly in the top scoring group and therefore made an 'immediate' offer. I am waiting following a jan interview, so I am trying to work out whether they have started to offer to those on hold. Thanks again for the response. D
Original post by wanttobevet
Congratulations and thanks. You were clearly in the top scoring group and therefore made an 'immediate' offer. I am waiting following a jan interview, so I am trying to work out whether they have started to offer to those on hold. Thanks again for the response. D

As far as I know the last interview is this Friday and they will make the remaining offers after that. Did you get the email a few weeks ago saying they would make the remaining offers at the end of March?

Surrey is my last hope. I am thinking of applying to Kosice as I don't seen to be able to get through the interview process in the UK.
Original post by Petster
As far as I know the last interview is this Friday and they will make the remaining offers after that. Did you get the email a few weeks ago saying they would make the remaining offers at the end of March?

Surrey is my last hope. I am thinking of applying to Kosice as I don't seen to be able to get through the interview process in the UK.

I didn't get the email.. Worrying now.
Original post by laurenmcb96
Hi! I have an offer from Surrey and still waiting to hear from liverpool :frown: anyone know what the chances of liverpool giving out an unconditional? This is my second time applying!

They will only give you an unconditional if you have already meet the work experience and grade requirements and scored high enough at interview to receive an offer

Posted from TSR Mobile
General update for everybody:

Glasgow will definitely send out all decisions by the 31st of March. My interview needed to be rescheduled and they told me it had to be before 31st as it was their deadline for giving their decisions.
Just had my Liverpool Telephone Interview, it's the last decision I have to wait for now :smile:
Original post by Jisabella
Just had my Liverpool Telephone Interview, it's the last decision I have to wait for now :smile:

Good luck.
Over the moon to have a decision to make, but can't chose between Liverpool and Bristol?
I know it has to be my choice, and I am planning on looking at both of them over the Easter break, but was wondering whether anyone had any ideas to help me out?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6671
Original post by ailsab96
Over the moon to have a decision to make, but can't chose between Liverpool and Bristol?
I know it has to be my choice, and I am planning on looking at both of them over the Easter break, but was wondering whether anyone had any ideas to help me out?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey! I had that dilemma (if you can call it that :biggrin:) too haha. In the end I went for Bristol, mainly because I prefer the city and it's closer to home (less money to spend on train fares, yay :tongue:). I really enjoyed my interview and loved the atmosphere of the vet school - everyone was really friendly and I felt much more at home than I did at Liv. I'm also looking to do the intercalated Animal Behaviour and Welfare year at Bristol, which although you can do even if you're from another vet school, it'll (hopefully!) be less hassle if I'm already settled there and know the area well. Hope this helps a bit :smile:
I sent an email to Edinburgh a week ago, just wondering how long it normally take them to reply? If someone knows that would be very helpful :smile:
Original post by AnimalArk

Glasgow will definitely send out all decisions by the 31st of March. My interview needed to be rescheduled and they told me it had to be before 31st as it was their deadline for giving their decisions.

All it means is that their last interview date is 31st March. It doesnt tell you anything about when they make decisions or more importantly when they will send out all decisions. Al Unis will hold back some 'possibles' while they see how many of the people they have already made offers to go Firm. If that appears low they will make more offers to compensate. So you could be waiting until May for a decisions, either Yes or finally No.
(edited 9 years ago)
Has anyone heard from Liverpool this week?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ABC05
Hey! I had that dilemma (if you can call it that :biggrin:) too haha. In the end I went for Bristol, mainly because I prefer the city and it's closer to home (less money to spend on train fares, yay :tongue:). I really enjoyed my interview and loved the atmosphere of the vet school - everyone was really friendly and I felt much more at home than I did at Liv. I'm also looking to do the intercalated Animal Behaviour and Welfare year at Bristol, which although you can do even if you're from another vet school, it'll (hopefully!) be less hassle if I'm already settled there and know the area well. Hope this helps a bit :smile:

Thank you so much for your response! Bristol is closer to me too, and I know the city a bit because my brother was there, but I can't decide if these are reasons for or against it! Hahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you so much for your response! Bristol is closer to me too, and I know the city a bit because my brother was there, but I can't decide if these are reasons for or against it! Hahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile

They're both amazing vet schools so I guess location's one of the only things you can discriminate on :wink: haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sydneybridge
All it means is that their last interview date is 31st March. It doesnt tell you anything about when they make decisions or more importantly when they will send out all decisions. Al Unis will hold back some 'possibles' while they see how many of the people they have already made offers to go Firm. If that appears low they will make more offers to compensate. So you could be waiting until May for a decisions, either Yes or finally No.

Sorry, but I'll quote their email.

"This is the last chance we have to interview you as all UCAS decisions have to be made by the end of the day on 31st March 2015"

The conclusion I drew from this is that they have to make their decisions by 31st March. Feel free to correct me if you draw another conclusion.
Original post by AnimalArk
Sorry, but I'll quote their email.

"This is the last chance we have to interview you as all UCAS decisions have to be made by the end of the day on 31st March 2015"

The conclusion I drew from this is that they have to make their decisions by 31st March. Feel free to correct me if you draw another conclusion.

If places become available up to the start of the course they can still give out offers though. Someone I know was rejected from all her choices but then received an offer from Liverpool a week before the course started!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm a final year at Bristol and my sister is a final year at Liverpool so if you have any specific questions about either I might be able to help :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest