The Student Room Group

The WWE Society II

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1160
What's everyone's favourite ever Mania/Mania moment and Mania match by the way?

Mania: WM19
Match: The triple threat TLC match between The Dudley Boyz, The Hardy Boyz and Edge & Christian at WM2000.
Moment: Lesnar's botched shooting star-press at WM19, or the end of Michaels' career vs. Undertaker.
Predictions:

Lesnar vs Reigns to no contest because Rollins cashes in during the match when they wipe each other out (these left field predictions never work out for me).

(I'm keeping an open mind and considering the possibility that Lesnar retains and the whole contract thing was a work, Lesnar laughs saying he's never leaving, then Cena appears the next night and says 'something something title match, son' to a guy the same age as him...)

Triple H def. Sting. Triple H is booking himself, so he knows he can lose every match and be retired and still appear at every WrestleMania in a gala match, but Sting might not appear again so hey, someone's gotta beat him, oh look it's me Triple H that's having his last match, I guess I'll have to win.

Ladder match: don't care, Barrett I guess. In these matches it's always smart to go for the champ. The idea might be to put the title on Bryan to have an excuse to keep him away from the main event, but I bet an idea that gets creative harder is having Bryan lose some more.

Taker def. Wyatt in a squash. Wyatt doesn't get over beating him, he doesn't lose heat losing to him, Taker gets to save face without working a long or energetic match.

Cena def. Rusev. "I'm from America and I-duh I-dub... I'm American!" "I'm the Russian guy!" They already turned Cena into pro-America Hulk Hogan last WM, but I already have a couple of guys facing their mortality post-Mania (Wyatt, Bryan), so Cena wins lol.

Golddiggers def. Jailbait & Generic Screaming Goth Chick from Naw Which, England because if AJ and Paige win they'll probably create too big a gap between them and the rest of the division.

Rollins def. Orton because Rollins has been losing a lot if I recall right, and the Authority need to start looking like they're not the J.O.B Squad, but I said that last year...

Battle Royal: Big Show, or someone ridiculous for humour like Slater.

Tag Team match: Whoever's the champions because it's on the pre-show
(edited 9 years ago)
Is it bad that I'm looking forward to Punk's UFC debut about 100x more than WrestleMania? :frown:

Original post by Mackay
x

Favourite Mania: Close between 17 and 30. Really enjoyed it last year.
Favourite Match: Angle-HBK at 21.
Favourite Moment: Hogan hulking up against The Rock at 18.
Dissappointing ending to RAW, Lesnar and Reigns just looked like children fighting over a toy. Wyatts promo was brilliant on the other hand, really liked Sting opening RAW aswell. Contemplating on whether to stay up and watch WM live or watch the replay, damn working life...
Brock's resigned with the 'E. Must be loving his job tbh. Shows up a few times a year. Legit shoots on his opponents while they do safe moves on him. Crowd roars him on. Gets paid millions.
Good, going to UFC would be stupid, he may have died.
Reply 1166
Punk will go down like a lead balloon in UFC.
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Brock's resigned with the 'E. Must be loving his job tbh. Shows up a few times a year. Legit shoots on his opponents while they do safe moves on him. Crowd roars him on. Gets paid millions.

Just hope he makes more regular appearances now considering the novelty has worn off.

Great news though there'll never be anyone like lesnar

Posted from TSR Mobile
With lesnar renewing his contract does it mean a reigns win is less predictable? I dont want to watch Extreme rules then wait all the way to summerslam for another title defence.... Or is this just wwe's way of building up his title reign to eventually overtake punks so he can become the undisputed greatest champion in the modern era ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1169
Lesnar to retain this weekend, then. Good stuff.
Original post by Mackay
What's everyone's favourite ever Mania/Mania moment and Mania match by the way?

Mania: WM19
Match: The triple threat TLC match between The Dudley Boyz, The Hardy Boyz and Edge & Christian at WM2000.
Moment: Lesnar's botched shooting star-press at WM19, or the end of Michaels' career vs. Undertaker.

Just some of my memorable moments as well as favourite:

Taker at WM 25, the dive over the ropes. I have no idea how he got out alive... Every time i see it i expect his back to just fold on itself.

Cesaro throwing big show over the ropes with ease WM30

to be honest theres so many i cant remember or be bothered to think. Haha
Reply 1171
Original post by heavyhandscott
Just some of my memorable moments as well as favourite:

Taker at WM 25, the dive over the ropes. I have no idea how he got out alive... Every time i see it i expect his back to just fold on itself.

Cesaro throwing big show over the ropes with ease WM30

to be honest theres so many i cant remember or be bothered to think. Haha

Same here, man. Michaels' sweet chin music on Flair, the Rock and Austin's entire match at WM19, Lesnar's botched shooting star press, the end of the streak, Guerrero and Benoit embracing at WM20, Mysterio winning at WM22, Edge and Foley through the burning table, pretty much every Shelton Benjamin MITB ladder spot, the triple-threat TLC tag-team matches, Triple H vs Taker, Shawn Michaels vs. Taker etc etc.

Hope it comes to Wembley one day.
Original post by Mackay
Same here, man. Michaels' sweet chin music on Flair, the Rock and Austin's entire match at WM19, Lesnar's botched shooting star press, the end of the streak, Guerrero and Benoit embracing at WM20, Mysterio winning at WM22, Edge and Foley through the burning table, pretty much every Shelton Benjamin MITB ladder spot, the triple-threat TLC tag-team matches, Triple H vs Taker, Shawn Michaels vs. Taker etc etc.

Hope it comes to Wembley one day.

Man that would sell out quick! Thats the thing, peopel watch from around the world but these artists who are performing ive never heard of in my life.

I have WM 19 on DVD. Decided to buy it randomly when i was little. Got WM 22 & 23 at the same time.

The WM 19 stage though was a bit rubbish. As was 20.

WM 19 was the fading of the Attitude era, it was noticeable.
Reply 1173
Man that would sell out quick!

The WM 19 stage though was a bit rubbish. As was 20.

The thing I remember about WM19 was the stage was SO far away from the ring. The competitors had to walk for about 10 minutes. The Undertaker couldn't manage that these days.

WM19 was the best ever imo.

WM in the UK is a certainty. It's a matter of when, not if.
BTW what was Rocks last match before leaving to Hollywood?

Stone Cold was WM19, not particularly the best match ever
Original post by Mackay
The thing I remember about WM19 was the stage was SO far away from the ring. The competitors had to walk for about 10 minutes. The Undertaker couldn't manage that these days.

WM19 was the best ever imo.

WM in the UK is a certainty. It's a matter of when, not if.

You think its the best but then i think of Taker's match against A Train and Big Show... Like WTF its the Undertaker god damn it
Reply 1176
You think its the best but then i think of Taker's match against A Train and Big Show... Like WTF its the Undertaker god damn it

Nathan Jones outta nowhere with that spinning kick!
Original post by AR_95
With lesnar renewing his contract does it mean a reigns win is less predictable? I dont want to watch Extreme rules then wait all the way to summerslam for another title defence....

One of the good things about Lesnar's reign is that it's forced WWE to make his feuds long-term and slow-build, as well as exposing other talent to higher spots in PPVs he's not at. When it's not slow-build, you end up with something like Lesnar v Reigns.
Original post by ozzyoscy
One of the good things about Lesnar's reign is that it's forced WWE to make his feuds long-term and slow-build, as well as exposing other talent to higher spots in PPVs he's not at. When it's not slow-build, you end up with something like Lesnar v Reigns.

I still think Reigns vs Lesnar could have been done better though. The booking has been absolutely poor and I can't recall a single moment where they've actually had a brawl to at least tease the match at Wrestlemania. Again I'm not too sure WWE are that excited because even HHH has been too quiet.

Quick Reply

Latest