The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ScaryScience
good luck, hope it goes okay :hugs:

How're you doing?
just can't be arsed with the world today tbh.
Original post by Noodlzzz

How're you doing?

Hope it's not too late to wish you good luck :hugs:
I'm struggling:frown: Spent the last three days constantly on the verge of tears:frown:

How're you doing?

:hugs: Let us know how it goes.

Original post by Maid Marian
I'm struggling:frown: Spent the last three days constantly on the verge of tears:frown:

:hugs:
Not sectioned!
Just crisis team.
Not sectioned!
Just crisis team.

Phew :h:

Original post by Maid Marian

:jumphug: Anything we can do/say to help? :frown:
Not sectioned!
Just crisis team.

Good news :h:
what will it take for me to actually do some ****ing work? ive been feeling so so fragile, crying every few minutes, cant think. cant seem to understand anything either... was reading tweets a while ago and just couldn't figure out what it was saying and reading my assignment and just don't understand. really feel like I need to be comforted atm :cry2:
I passed the exam I took a couple of weeks ago. Got 83% on the part I had to pass, not sure what I got in part that goes toward degree classification but that part doesn't matter anyway. Also don't know what the pass mark was which is annoying but hey, I've passed, time to focus on the other four exams I have.
Original post by Valvopus
I passed the exam I took a couple of weeks ago. Got 83% on the part I had to pass, not sure what I got in part that goes toward degree classification but that part doesn't matter anyway. Also don't know what the pass mark was which is annoying but hey, I've passed, time to focus on the other four exams I have.

That's outstanding, congratulations :hugs:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Of course you can do that. Last time I saw my psychiatrist I refused to talk at first and made her read a whole A4 sheet of writing :biggrin:

Went to the doc today. Hated her too. She just kind of didn't seem to care, and wanted me out of there as soon as possible :frown:. But she diagnosed me with moderate/severe depression :/ and put me on Citalopram 20mg. I've heard the side-effects are horrible, I'm dreading them.

-----

Does anyone have any experiences on Citalopram? Or any advice as to the best time to take them?
That's outstanding, congratulations :hugs:

Thank you, the pass mark is likely to have been 70-75% and it was multiple choice (evil multiple choice with more than one correct answer and you have to choose the most accurate) but I'm happy with it :smile:
Original post by Silence_Will_Fal
Went to the doc today. Hated her too. She just kind of didn't seem to care, and wanted me out of there as soon as possible :frown:. But she diagnosed me with moderate/severe depression :/ and put me on Citalopram 20mg. I've heard the side-effects are horrible, I'm dreading them.

-----

Does anyone have any experiences on Citalopram? Or any advice as to the best time to take them?

Nausea for the first 2 days, made me tired. That's all really.
what will it take for me to actually do some ****ing work? ive been feeling so so fragile, crying every few minutes, cant think. cant seem to understand anything either... was reading tweets a while ago and just couldn't figure out what it was saying and reading my assignment and just don't understand. really feel like I need to be comforted atm :cry2:

Sorry, only just seen this :redface: Am on Facebook if talking would help at all :lovehug:

Well done! Congrats! :king1: :congrats: :yeah:

Original post by Silence_Will_Fal

-----

Sorry she wasn't much help either, although the diagnosis does sound more akin to what you are experiencing.

I was first put on Citalopram too - it seems to be the go-to drug when doctors first diagnose depression. I had headaches and nausea but that was about it on the side effects front! I can't remember when I took them - the pharmacy will be able to tell you though if you ask them, when you pick up your prescription.

Is this GP gonna write to your uni/did she provide any written evidence that you could produce to uni? Unfortunately these things always have to be in writing for unis to take it seriously :grumble:
TLG Update: Crisis Line dobbed me in to my hospital. Had a phonecall from my poor nurse who was very worried :redface: Not sure whether I am amused by the dobbing in or whether I am like this :nothing:
TLG Update: Crisis Line dobbed me in to my hospital. Had a phonecall from my poor nurse who was very worried :redface: Not sure whether I am amused by the dobbing in or whether I am like this :nothing:

Must of missed your post. What did you say to the crisis line?

Maybe its a good thing. Your nurse or the hospital maybe able to help you in a way that others can't?

Sorry she wasn't much help either, although the diagnosis does sound more akin to what you are experiencing.

I was first put on Citalopram too - it seems to be the go-to drug when doctors first diagnose depression. I had headaches and nausea but that was about it on the side effects front! I can't remember when I took them - the pharmacy will be able to tell you though if you ask them, when you pick up your prescription.

Is this GP gonna write to your uni/did she provide any written evidence that you could produce to uni? Unfortunately these things always have to be in writing for unis to take it seriously :grumble:

I need to go speak to my tutor tomorrow and let her know what happened. I asked the doctor, but she had no idea what to write in the letter, so basically told me to go to my tutor and ask what she wants and then go back to the surgery and tell them and they'll write me one. Thanks for the advice :smile:.

Nausea for the first 2 days, made me tired. That's all really.

Cheers :smile:
Must of missed your post. What did you say to the crisis line?

Maybe its a good thing. Your nurse or the hospital maybe able to help you in a way that others can't?

I phoned them on Saturday night because I was having a really bad night, and they went and faxed my nurse about it :emo:

I guess it's a good thing :redface: Still bit annoyed though :colondollar:
Thank you, the pass mark is likely to have been 70-75% and it was multiple choice (evil multiple choice with more than one correct answer and you have to choose the most accurate) but I'm happy with it :smile:

MCQ tests are just awful in my experience. You get like 5 answers and they are more or less identical :nothing:

Sorry, only just seen this :redface: Am on Facebook if talking would help at all :lovehug:

Well done! Congrats! :king1: :congrats: :yeah:

thanks but dw. really should be doing work :emo: :hugs:

Latest