The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
May I ask what made you choose palacky
Original post by Rishy
May I ask what made you choose palacky

Always wanted to study medicine and didn't get into medical schools here so planning on going abroad. Im applying to a few universities, palacky being one of them. Ive heard really good stuff about that university.
Reply 3
Original post by lovekitty123
Always wanted to study medicine and didn't get into medical schools here so planning on going abroad. Im applying to a few universities, palacky being one of them. Ive heard really good stuff about that university.

Im in the same situation really torn up between taking a year out or studying abroad, do you know how long the course is. Ive heard prague unis are 6 years.
Original post by Rishy
Im in the same situation really torn up between taking a year out or studying abroad, do you know how long the course is. Ive heard prague unis are 6 years.

I think most if not all universities abroad are 6 years Because you do 1 year internship. Isn't too bad tbh. you can take the year out and try again or go straight abroad and either one you'll be done in 6 years.

I've searched alot of universities abroad, if you wanna know anything just ask:smile:
Reply 5
I think most if not all universities abroad are 6 years Because you do 1 year internship. Isn't too bad tbh. you can take the year out and try again or go straight abroad and either one you'll be done in 6 years.

I've searched alot of universities abroad, if you wanna know anything just ask:smile:

So you go straight to f2 after uve finished the course? Or you have to redo f1 if ur going back to england
Original post by Rishy
So you go straight to f2 after uve finished the course? Or you have to redo f1 if ur going back to england

from what I understand, we can go straight to F2 after graduating but I believe that you can also apply to F1 if you want.
Trust me, Do not bother coming here
Original post by ruthlessv
Trust me, Do not bother coming here

Why?
Why?

Olomouc - garbage
Student halls - garbage
Neo Nazis - too many
Professors level of English - zero
student rights - non existent
chances of failing the first year? - 70%
Olomouc - garbage
Student halls - garbage
Neo Nazis - too many
Professors level of English - zero
student rights - non existent
chances of failing the first year? - 70%

Are u currently studying there? When asking around, I heard quite good things about the university?
Are u currently studying there? When asking around, I heard quite good things about the university?

ask 40 of the 70 students that got thrown out last year,

i am currently studying there yes.
ask 40 of the 70 students that got thrown out last year,

i am currently studying there yes.

What year are you in? And I've heard those that get thrown out are those who don't study etc?
What year are you in? And I've heard those that get thrown out are those who don't study etc?

2nd year, not really - i know somebody who failed his chemistry final by half a mark - the only subject he failed all year and he was gone, nobody can tell me he didn't work hard enough
2nd year, not really - i know somebody who failed his chemistry final by half a mark - the only subject he failed all year and he was gone, nobody can tell me he didn't work hard enough

Oh, I've heard each exam you get 3 trys?
Oh, I've heard each exam you get 3 trys?

yep, but there are over 1000 pages of powerpoint slides for exams - it is possible to pass - but unless you get past papers off an upper year, you will fail.
yep, but there are over 1000 pages of powerpoint slides for exams - it is possible to pass - but unless you get past papers off an upper year, you will fail.

Oh, thanks for letting me know btw. I'm currently choosing between palacky and plovdiv in bulgaria and heard bulgaria is reallyyyy disorganised. I really want to study medicine and my only option is to go abroad. And it's quite hard to get info on the universities
Oh, thanks for letting me know btw. I'm currently choosing between palacky and plovdiv in bulgaria and heard bulgaria is reallyyyy disorganised. I really want to study medicine and my only option is to go abroad. And it's quite hard to get info on the universities

Plovdiv, you are more likely to pass the course but Palacky has a better international reputation. Pm me if you have any questions
Aren't I better off in palacky then? And just work hard? It is medicine after all? And thanks, I'll PM you with more questions:smile:

look people pass the first year at palacky, some don't - it is made to be a filter year, but dont think its about how hard you work - its about who you know and how lucky you get
look people pass the first year at palacky, some don't - it is made to be a filter year, but dont think its about how hard you work - its about who you know and how lucky you get

Do people get thrown out of other years too? Or is it mostly the first year?

Latest

Trending

Trending