The Student Room Group

Moorgate v Bloomsbury LPC: more "commercial"?!

I have a TC and my LPC will be funded by a firm. I can do it anywhere but prefer the commute to Bloomsbury than Moorgate, even though they are similar in length from Waterloo. Just don't fancy Moorgate's extra sweaty and busy branch of the Northern Line. I've been told by many, including HR and students that Moorgate has "more of a commercial focus". What does that mean? Is it just more in the networky sense or if I go to Bloomsbury will I not be able to do commercial electives?
Original post by fridgebridge
I have a TC and my LPC will be funded by a firm. I can do it anywhere but prefer the commute to Bloomsbury than Moorgate, even though they are similar in length from Waterloo. Just don't fancy Moorgate's extra sweaty and busy branch of the Northern Line. I've been told by many, including HR and students that Moorgate has "more of a commercial focus". What does that mean? Is it just more in the networky sense or if I go to Bloomsbury will I not be able to do commercial electives?

I went to Bloomsbury - I heard the same thing too, which is why I went to Bloomsbury not Moorgate. It stands to reason that there is no difference between the teaching in the same places, and the difference comes in the talks they arrange etc - or law fairs perhaps - but worth checking where they run the electives.
Reply 2
Original post by happyinthehaze
I went to Bloomsbury - I heard the same thing too, which is why I went to Bloomsbury not Moorgate. It stands to reason that there is no difference between the teaching in the same places, and the difference comes in the talks they arrange etc - or law fairs perhaps - but worth checking where they run the electives.

Thanks, yes I have re-read my e-mails and they said electives are pretty much the same. Think you can take elective at other centre if one doesn't operate it anyway.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending