The Student Room Group

How to get A grades in A2 edexcel religious studies?

I'm aiming for a A at the end of this year, I'm currently on a B at AS but it was only about 8 marks into a B or something low like that

I really want an A, my teacher thinks I'm capable of achieving this grade but I honestly don't know how to get into the top bands, I think the ii) part questions let me down the most

For developments I'm doing, Ontological, Virtue Ethics, Deontology, Moral Law(I think,not started this) religious language and religious experience(haven't started this yet)

And implications it's Ayer, Donovan and Westphal

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

I can help you out I did philopsophy last year and I got a B for unit 4 implications and an A for developments
Original post by hawalovesyou
I can help you out I did philopsophy last year and I got a B for unit 4 implications and an A for developments

Hi,

What topics did you revise? Do you have to revise all three ethical theories and can they mix them?

Thanks.
Reply 3
Original post by Logolept
Hi,

What topics did you revise? Do you have to revise all three ethical theories and can they mix them?

Thanks.

My college isn't teaching us natural moral law, because at least one of the other two are always named

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by IAmEchelon
My college isn't teaching us natural moral law, because at least one of the other two are always named

Posted from TSR Mobile

What if they decide to compare and contrast virtue or deon with nml?
Reply 5
What if they decide to compare and contrast virtue or deon with nml?

Can they do that?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by IAmEchelon
Can they do that?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I injtially learnt two myself but I'm just revising deontology today and tomorrow and I'm done for this unit.
Hi,

Thanks.

Hi I did the ontological argument deontology and virtue ethics I would advise you to learn the 3 ethical topics including natural moral law. What are you doing on the philosophy side? You can kind of predict the questions tbh. They asked a dodgy religious language question in 2014 and an easy ontological question in 2014 but in 2013 they asked a dodgy ontological question so that's now I decided to focus on ontological argument because it's unlikely they will be mean 2 years in a row. What are you planning to answer? Sorry for the mini essay lol
Hi I did the ontological argument deontology and virtue ethics I would advise you to learn the 3 ethical topics including natural moral law. What are you doing on the philosophy side? You can kind of predict the questions tbh. They asked a dodgy religious language question in 2014 and an easy ontological question in 2014 but in 2013 they asked a dodgy ontological question so that's now I decided to focus on ontological argument because it's unlikely they will be mean 2 years in a row. What are you planning to answer? Sorry for the mini essay lol

I'm doing ontological as well. Revised all three ethical theories too. How did you prepare for implications?
I only revised westphal and I just went over and over my notes and annotations. Are you doing the ethics or philopsophy implications bit? And how have you revised for it?
Reply 11
I only revised westphal and I just went over and over my notes and annotations. Are you doing the ethics or philopsophy implications bit? And how have you revised for it?

Can you send me your Westphal notes?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am doing philosophy as well and just planning making notes on each paragraph, done with Ayer so far. Can I also have your Westphal notes if you don't mind? :rolleyes:
Reply 13
I am doing AQA Philosophy, and though I have not done a great deal of ethical studies, I will advise where I can. As far as I can tell, it helps if you can create a clear sense of narration throughout an essay, and that you structure an essay around argumentation with theory to back it up, rather than giving a structured account of the theory a key structural role within in an essay. The point is a little abstract, but I hope you see what I mean.

If you're getting B's, you clearly know the theory well; you just need to be able to present it correctly. This is where using a top-level 'argumentative' structure in an essay can help push you into A-territory. Have a look at generic mark schemes, and this is the general difference between a B and and A. If you can find some exemplar answers for your course with examiner commentary, that will also help out a lot to boost your grade.
I am doing philosophy as well and just planning making notes on each paragraph, done with Ayer so far. Can I also have your Westphal notes if you don't mind? :rolleyes:

Yeah sure do you mind if I email it to you cause they're really long
Yeah sure do you mind if I email it to you cause they're really long

PM'd you. Thanks a lot.
It might help you if you read the examiners reports each year with answering questions as they tell you what they want in the answer! A lot of them I've read say students should mention modern developments of theories!
i struggle so bad with ii) as well but what I find has helped is purely focusing on those questions ! And writing an essay plan for each style of question I find really useful to have as a linear guide !
unit 4 Donovan is literally the worst
Does anyone have the notes for Donovan?? My teachers notes aren't great and it's hard enough as it is
Is there any chance you could email them to me too?? I'm really struggling with unit 4
For Developments has anyone else been taught to combine parts I) and ii) into one essay? My school insists on this but I'm quite sceptical

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending