The Student Room Group

"Strong", "independent" feminist women terrorised by clapping! Really!?

You can't make this up!

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/christinerousselle/2015/03/24/conference-delegates-decry-clapping-request-feminist-jazz-hands-to-avoid-anxiety-triggers-n1975606

Clapping has been discouraged at the U.K.'s NUS Women's Campaign Conference (a conference for feminist university students in the United Kingdom) due to the fact that it may be triggering anxiety among delegates. Attendees are now encouraged to use "feminist jazz hands" to display approval of a speech or topic.

Whooping is fun for some, but can be super inaccessible for others, so please try not to whoop! Jazz hands work just as well

If clapping and whooping is too much for some women to bear, how are they going to cope with serious responsibility and immense stress as CEOs or world leaders?
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MarriageSucks
You can't make this up!

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/christinerousselle/2015/03/24/conference-delegates-decry-clapping-request-feminist-jazz-hands-to-avoid-anxiety-triggers-n1975606

If clapping and whooping is too much for some women to bear, how are they going to cope with serious responsibility and immense stress as CEOs or world leaders?

that's just embarrassing tbh
"Why aren't there more women in public leadership roles?"

"Women, you shouldn't have to handle people clapping. It's too much for you. We'll stop them."
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by KingStannis
"Why aren't there more women in public leadership roles?"

Yeah that wasn't funny :eek:
Reply 4
OP it's okay that you're gay. You don't need to be a mysogynist about it :rolleyes:
You're so sad. Spending your time purposely seeking out articles such as this.

I may aswell find articles giving bad examples of Muslims (extremists) and use it to push an anti-Muslim argument.
And then sit back and say look how ridiculous these Muslims are.
And there are women world leaders believe it or not, and they have actually coped.
Original post by KarenTakeItEasy
Yeah that wasn't funny :eek:

i beg to differ.
Original post by KingStannis
i beg to differ.

lmao you would though mate :wink:
Original post by Twinpeaks
You're so sad. Spending your time purposely seeking out articles such as this.

I may aswell find articles giving bad examples of Muslims (extremists) and use it to push an anti-Muslim argument.
And then sit back and say look how ridiculous these Muslims are

Pretty much what happens every week on TSR or so :rolleyes:
Pathetic imbeciles
Original post by KarenTakeItEasy
lmao you would though mate :wink:

Why would I?
haha if this is true then ****ing LOL
bloody hell you can't have a CEO getting frightened over a clap...are you a chicken?
Reply 13
What is a "feminist jazz hand"? :confused:
That's amazing.
Gifs in the OP made me lol
Original post by Viva Emptiness
That's amazing.

Something about your avatar is strange, it looks like a science phenomina or an artistic portrait of the complexity of life.
Original post by goobypls
Something about your avatar is strange, it looks like a science phenomina or an artistic portrait of the complexity of life.

It some ways it is :moon:

In other, more truthful ways, it very much is just a drawing on paint.
Original post by Viva Emptiness
It some ways it is :moon:

In other, more truthful ways, it very much is just a drawing on paint.

The face is just so representitive of life......
Original post by goobypls
The face is just so representitive of life......

"I don't know what the **** I'm doing"

Quick Reply

Latest