The Student Room Group

what's the worst thing your parents have said to you?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by TorpidPhil
Why? Do you think yourself an imbecile?

:biggrin:
Reply 21
Original post by BioStudentx
I got that all the time :colone:

I use it as motivation to prove them wrong. Am currently on track to retire a good 10 years before they did.
Original post by TorpidPhil
Your parents said that to you?????

My mum. She then lay down on her bed with a huge smile on her face and told me about how every guy she's ever met has fancied her. Complete narcissist.
Original post by Reue
I use it as motivation to prove them wrong. Am currently on track to retire a good 10 years before they did.

If you don't mind me asking what did you study and what's your current job?
Reply 24
Original post by BioStudentx
If you don't mind me asking what did you study and what's your current job?

Business Management. I'm now an IT Consultant.
Original post by Reue
Business Management. I'm now an IT Consultant.

What is the pay? :colone:
"leave, you're not normal" :tongue: she did try to throw me out though...
Go die and go to hell.
Original post by Anonymous
When I was 5 or 6, my mum told me that I was worse than being raped. Although when I was older she would sometimes throw knives and plates at me and stuff. Although in her defense, i think she was probably just a bit stressed out at those times. Even now at 20 she still gets mad and hides my shoes and keys and stuff to stop me getting out the house. But still, everyone has some odd parent habit I suppose.

What are the worst things your parents have said/done to you?

Why are you defending your terrible mother?
"Go be ****ing suicidal somewhere else" - from mother dearest :rolleyes:

Although it was a one-off and she was upset. She's actually really lovely. But it's something that's always stuck with me.
Original post by ngb9320
That I am a loser and they wished they never had me lol

Were they right?
Original post by laylarose
"Go be ****ing suicidal somewhere else" - from mother dearest :rolleyes:

Although it was a one-off and she was upset. She's actually really lovely. But it's something that's always stuck with me.

This explains your choice of avatar.
My dad told me how when I was a baby he had the power to crush me with his hand but chose not to. Therefore I should be grateful to him for not killing me as a baby girl. To show my gratitude I should give him all my wages from my first job.

This stuck with me because he was saying it so casually and seriously as he genuinely believed what he was saying.
Original post by Infectious
This explains your choice of avatar.

I'm pleased you noticed the connection.
Original post by laylarose
I'm pleased you noticed the connection.

I am pleased that you are pleased, we should please each other more often.
My mum said "go commit suicide right now so I can watch."
My mum: " Go drown yourself, you bitch "
Dad: I can't really remember but meh

Posted from TSR Mobile
My elder sister was extremely ill with cancer and at one point we didn't think she'd make it through the night, outside the room my mum gave me a hug and whispered 'I'm glad it's not you' in my ear.

That cut me so deep, I wish she would have said 'I wish it was you' rather than what she actually said. It absolutely destroyed me.

(The happy ending is my sister got through the night, went into remission and is now cancer free, heyooo)

you mum sounds so mean, she can't say that-- your sister should be equally loved :frown:

does ur sister know she said that?
you mum sounds so mean, she can't say that-- your sister should be equally loved :frown:

does ur sister know she said that?

agree, that is so messed up.
"Be the man, or I'll kick you in the nuts and you'll never be able to achieve this"

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending