The Student Room Group

Why do guys laugh at girls crying?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by shawn_o1
I personally find it difficult to tell "leave me alone" from "I need help" just by looking at someone

Oh, well anyone who shouts at you just for checking that everything is ok is a douche.
Original post by GeorgeTownsend
The first one's ridiculous, that's something I'd expect from a 5 year old.

Yeah she obviously has some serious issues with needles.
Original post by bittr n swt
a lot of girls cry over anything...if they see a dog run over by a car i know some girls who would cry.

please say you're trolling.
Reply 23
Original post by TwitchyStephie
Oh, well anyone who shouts at you just for checking that everything is ok is a douche.

I have never laughed at anyone crying but I have deliberately made people (including girls) suffering from anxiety over exams and university interviews feel worse so that they fail these. It is about being the ultimate opportunist.
As I feminist I strongly object to the video, you should not have posted it in the thread. Well of course men laugh at women crying, it is a way to establish dominance over a distressed girl. I do however want to point out that I would never do this.

But no one should be surprised at this kind of behavior anymore.
They're not ordinary girls crying their hysterical girls crying.

But still if a guy ever laughed at me crying I'd clean... Clip him round the ear and make him cry... Then laugh at him.
Original post by RizzeRascal
As I feminist I strongly object to the video, you should not have posted it in the thread. Well of course men laugh at women crying, it is a way to establish dominance over a distressed girl. I do however want to point out that I would never do this.

But no one should be surprised at this kind of behavior anymore.

So you are a male feminist objecting to men laughing at women? Do you also object to men laughing at men or women laughing at men?

I did not start this thread to moralize like your kind always does. I just wanted to understand.
(edited 9 years ago)
So you ara male feminist objecting to men laughing at women? Do you also object to men laughing at men or women laughing at men?

I did not start this thread to moralize like your kind always do. I just wanted to understand.

Women belittling men is hardly a problem of the same caliber. As both a feminist and a man I have unique knowledge about how men look down on women.

Trust me on this, you are too naive. It must be a comfortable life though.
Women belittling men is hardly a problem of the same caliber. As both a feminist and a man I have unique knowledge about how men look down on women.

Trust me on this, you are too naive. It must be a comfortable life though.

Grow up. It is time to stop being a social justice warrior and actually do something with your life.
Original post by Retired_Messiah

please say you're trolling.

Original post by So Instinct
You would have to be sadistic to have anything but sadness fill you when watching a dog being run over.

are you both ****ing kidding me get real it's a ****ing dog. It's not like it was gonna survive to it was old anyways
it makes me feel bad when I see it
are you both ****ing kidding me get real it's a ****ing dog. It's not like it was gonna survive to it was old anyways

I am going to assume you are being serious. Sure it was an accident, but do you not think it is even a little bit sad that the dog died?
Reply 32
Maybe you guys are used to being defensive because of all the feminist threads but this is not a thread about men being bad. I have a twisted sense of humor myself, but I just fail to see the fun in this. But that does not mean I think it is immoral or wrong. I just dont get it.

This is not not really about the video though, I am talking in a very general sense since most guys I know seem to view girl´s crying in this wierd way.

Girls like to be unneccessarily emotional to various degrees and boys like getting a rise out of them. Men are generally playfully sadistic and women are generally masochistic to various degrees.

No harm, no foul. :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)

Sadistic it is.
Do they? On the rare occasion that I've cried in front of a guy they usually do their best to comfort me :colondollar:

Lemme jus kill you I mean you're just a ****ing forum user and you've got a limited lifespan so it's not like you're gonna survive.
Reply 36
I'd assume they would laugh depending on the context under which the girl is crying. If it's petty, go ahead, laugh. But for genuinely serious reasons, they're probably sadistic.
Original post by Ndella
I'd assume they would laugh depending on the context under which the girl is crying. If it's petty, go ahead, laugh. But for genuinely serious reasons, they're probably sadistic.

Men are sadistic by nature. I do not even understand why TS is acting surprised about the whole thing.
Men are sadistic by nature. I do not even understand why TS is acting surprised about the whole thing.

I sometimes cry when characters die in anime...
It's not funny, it's annoying. It's down right pathetic and immature to cry over such petty, insignificant things.

Quick Reply

Latest