The Student Room Group

THE LADY OF SHALOTT (Poem)

I seriously need help on the analysis of the lady of shalott ....symbolism, themes ect. THANK YOU
Original post by thefreakoffreaks
I seriously need help on the analysis of the lady of shalott ....symbolism, themes ect. THANK YOU

cant really help you out now with this,will do so when i have time but i was wondering for eng lit coursework if im on 2619 will i be okay because the coursework is meant to be between 2000--2500 words im not sure if theres a 10% limit or not...Im doing AQA As Eng Literature...
Original post by scrawlx101
cant really help you out now with this,will do so when i have time but i was wondering for eng lit coursework if im on 2619 will i be okay because the coursework is meant to be between 2000--2500 words im not sure if theres a 10% limit or not...Im doing AQA As Eng Literature...

well my one was 1691 and they still took it in, so most likely.
well my one was 1691 and they still took it in, so most likely.

I MEANT 2693*** sorry

i was wondering for eng lit coursework if im on 2619 will i be okay because the coursework is meant to be between 2000--2500 words im not sure if theres a 10% limit or not...Im doing AQA As Eng Literature...
Have you read it? What bits didn't you follow? Post them here and we can help :smile:
Original post by Hal.E.Lujah
Have you read it? What bits didn't you follow? Post them here and we can help :smile:

i was wondering for eng lit coursework if im on 2619 for both pieces of coursework will i be okay because the coursework is meant to be between 2000--2500 words im not sure if theres a 10% limit or not...Im doing AQA As Eng Literature...:http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects...W-TRB-CGU2.PDF

I have read it, however, i just want need to know the significant concepts of the poem which is sufficient for the exam. Such as symbolism, what might the mirror, what is lancelot presented as, the lady being trapped in the castle may represent. The context and how this may relate to the poem ect. Anything, which is significant really. It would help me so much because i have the most dreadful English teacher who can't even interpret the basic concepts of the poem. It's that serious. (This may be because he's new)
We're studying this and from what my English teacher has said, the castle doesn't really represent something, it's just historical context. Dunno if that's right, but that's what I've been told.

Posted from TSR Mobile
i was wondering for eng lit coursework if im on 2619 for both pieces of coursework will i be okay because the coursework is meant to be between 2000--2500 words im not sure if theres a 10% limit or not...Im doing AQA As Eng Literature...:http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects...W-TRB-CGU2.PDF

You'll most likely be fine with that, but you should probably trim it a bit to be sure. They'll judge over word limit on if it 'feels' long rather than if it is long.

I have read it, however, i just want need to know the significant concepts of the poem which is sufficient for the exam. Such as symbolism, what might the mirror, what is lancelot presented as, the lady being trapped in the castle may represent. The context and how this may relate to the poem ect. Anything, which is significant really. It would help me so much because i have the most dreadful English teacher who can't even interpret the basic concepts of the poem. It's that serious. (This may be because he's new)

Ok, I've got a wad of notes on it from uni somewhere that I'll dig out on friday. Remind me if I havent posted here by the weekend :blush:

Just off the top of my head though, I recall there being symbols of her trapped sexuality, river of time, and Platos cave shadows.
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=lady+of+shallot+analysis&oq=lady+of+shallot+analysis&aqs=chrome..69i57.6232j0j7&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8

It's also important to note that there are a number of sites like sparknotes which have analysis of the poem up.
You'll most likely be fine with that, but you should probably trim it a bit to be sure. They'll judge over word limit on if it 'feels' long rather than if it is long.

Ok, I've got a wad of notes on it from uni somewhere that I'll dig out on friday. Remind me if I havent posted here by the weekend :blush:

Just off the top of my head though, I recall there being symbols of her trapped sexuality, river of time, and Platos cave shadows.

Thank you soo much!! you're honestly my saviour llooll thanks again! :smile::smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending