The Student Room Group

This is racist website.

I've been here for some time now and everyone here only spreads hatred among others in some way. Mostly everyone is bullying Islam here like if they know everything about it when they aren't even true Muslims. A couple of totally liberal or ex-Muslims lecture people about Islam here like they are a phd holder in Islamic studies when they don't even know what Islam truly means.

Not only that but people here somehow have the right to judge others with out even knowing them personally?! I mean like for real??

I thought this place was for helping each other out but instead people here like to be racist and judge each other on which religion they belong to or from which country they are from.

Scroll to see replies

Yes, this forum is supposed to be a tool that helps you with your work.
I agree, a lot of users dish out their views on Islam when they actually know very little about the Muslim ideology and culture. Just know that it isn't all users and the majority of people use this site for academic reasons.
I love your huge generalisations.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Racism and religious discrimination are different things...
Original post by constantino_chr
I agree, a lot of users dish out their views on Islam when they actually know very little about the Muslim ideology and culture. Just know that it isn't all users and the majority of people use this site for academic reasons.

Well I ended up here for blogging. I thought maybe I will find some cool people here with whom I could discuss about different things but man was I wrong. But thanks for understanding.
Original post by aoxa
Racism and religious discrimination are different things...

Hmmm... maybe that's why I said people here judge others for which country the belong to? :rolleyes:
what's the problem
Original post by German123
Yes, this forum is supposed to be a tool that helps you with your work.

Yeah, mostly it helps people how to insult others. :s-smilie:
Original post by Vegito
I've been here for some time now and everyone here only spreads hatred among others in some way. Mostly everyone is bullying Islam here like if they know everything about it when they aren't even true Muslims. A couple of totally liberal or ex-Muslims lecture people about Islam here like they are a phd holder in Islamic studies when they don't even know what Islam truly means.

Not only that but people here somehow have the right to judge others with out even knowing them personally?! I mean like for real??

I thought this place was for helping each other out but instead people here like to be racist and judge each other on which religion they belong to or from which country they are from.

A religious view or a nationality is not a race.
Original post by CrapDunGoofed
what's the problem

The problem is that this place makes me frustrated now. About a month ago I wasn't like this. But when ever I come here I'm always angry and uneasy all the time.
Original post by Vegito
The problem is that this place makes me frustrated now. About a month ago I wasn't like this. But when ever I come here I'm always angry and uneasy all the time.

if it makes you frustrated, don't go on the site?
Original post by Vegito

Of course, anyone who disagrees with you and actually has the opinion that people should be able to say what they like is a 'misguided racist'.
Original post by Vegito

What is making you stay if you don't like it?
Reply 14
no

we have the right to criticize islam or any other religion
Original post by Vegito

So...only "true" Muslims can criticise Islam? Which they won't because they're Muslims. So... no one can criticise it?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by DiddyDec
What is making you stay if you don't like it?

Only a few friends here and hope.
Original post by Vegito
Yeah, mostly it helps people how to insult others. :s-smilie:

Yes, religious hypocrisy but we are all humans and make mistakes.
As has already been mentioned, criticising a religion is not being racist (religion isn't a race) and with many issues around the world stemming from religious beliefs, criticism directed towards these religions and beliefs is hardly unexpected and in no way should be condemned. Labelling a belief/ideology as being a 'religion' doesn't make it any less open to criticism than any other personal opinion.

In terms of TSR, most people on the forum do just help each other and are welcoming and friendly. However, a minority of users can give a bad impression and be quite offensive, at least with the help of moderators, this minority can be somewhat subdued.
Original post by CrapDunGoofed
if it makes you frustrated, don't go on the site?

Only here because of a few friends.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending