The Student Room Group

Girls, how important is a guys 'image' to you?

I mean I notice some guys wear designer brand clothes, like your mid range stuff, Hollister, etc. I get the impression some guys just wear it to attract women as they know/think they like it. I also get the impression that women like men that wear these designer brand stuff, for women I get the impression its a big deal. Now for me as a man I couldn't really give a toss about all that stuff and I think many men are the same, a few might but most do so only because they feel women are into it. So the question is would a guys image put you off him, like talking to him even if you were still attracted to him or if he didn't have a popular/sociable image?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
A guy who looks like Stig of the Dump probably isn't going to be getting any.
Original post by Anonymous
I mean I notice some guys wear designer brand clothes, like your mid range stuff, Hollister, etc. I get the impression some guys just wear it to attract women as they know/think they like it. I also get the impression that women like men that wear these designer brand stuff, for women I get the impression its a big deal. Now for me as a man I couldn't really give a toss about all that stuff and I think many men are the same, a few might but most do so only because they feel women are into it. So the question is would a guys image put you off him, like talking to him even if you were still attracted to him or if he didn't have a popular/sociable image?

I don't care about designer stuff, but I think they should take care of how they look. A good image doesn't have to be an expensive one.
(edited 9 years ago)
Long floppy greasy hair doesn't quite do it for me or many girls.. a neat trim and clothes that aren't covered in ketchup will do okay for me!
Hollister... I would run for the hills. :rolleyes:
Reply 5
Original post by turn-to-page394

Really, are you female?, I've seen lots of guys wear it, even into their twenties.
Reply 6
Original post by idontevenbeth
Long floppy greasy hair doesn't quite do it for me or many girls.. a neat trim and clothes that aren't covered in ketchup will do okay for me!

Does this need to be all the time? because its quite easy to have an off day, say you've been working hard with uni work so bit behind on the personal hygiene or you've just eaten a hotdog at lunch and some ketchup miss fired onto you.
Does this need to be all the time? because its quite easy to have an off day, say you've been working hard with uni work so bit behind on the personal hygiene or you've just eaten a hotdog at lunch and some ketchup miss fired onto you.

Obviously yeah, but there's quite a few guys that constantly have this super long hair (both head and beard) and obviously don't try to make an effort with their appearance, yet complain they're single. Also sweat only smells when it's old...
clothes wise I don't really care what he's wearing as long as it looks decent and he's looking fine :sexface: but I would appreciate if he smelt good, brushed his hair and had showers.
I honestly prefer the scruffy look haha! Honestly couldn't care about whether or not a guy wears designer brands because I don't, and I honestly don't understand why it should matter, although I do know some girls who are extremely materialistic and if you don't wear branded or expensive clothes then they won't touch you with a barge pole. Honestly don't understand their ways of thinking though, sounds cheesy as hell but I prefer personality and a good laugh over 'style' any day.
Too much brandy stuff, makes me feel embarrassing to stand next to him. As like I am not in his class, I dont suit to be his friend let alone future partner, Or maybe low self-esteem issue I suppose?

Depends how he present himself, as long he doesn't brag about his stuff unlike this guy I know which he does. Which is a no no, not attractive

But I understand some people buy branded thing due to better quality etc which I understand...

But I dont like it if the reason is to show off

As long he looks normal then okay, no need branded stuff. Casual outfit is cool, comfortable !~
Reply 11
Don't really mind tbh. Good personality will do:biggrin:
Original post by turn-to-page394

Slept with someone who was 'apparently' a Hollister model and he was so self absorbed it was unreal hah

People who wear designer clothes just look like chavs. The only people who wear designer clothes round here are the travelling community.
Original post by idontevenbeth
Obviously yeah, but there's quite a few guys that constantly have this super long hair (both head and beard) and obviously don't try to make an effort with their appearance, yet complain they're single. Also sweat only smells when it's old...

You mean you expect a guy to change his top say like midday if his accidentally squirted some ketchup on himself.
Not really bothered.
Original post by katienurd
Slept with someone who was 'apparently' a Hollister model and he was so self absorbed it was unreal hah

Self absorbed? Why did you sleep with him if he was like this?:lolwut:
Self absorbed? Why did you sleep with him if he was like this?:lolwut:

Didn't know what he was like beforehand otherwise I wouldn't have done haha!
You mean you expect a guy to change his top say like midday if his accidentally squirted some ketchup on himself.

Oh my goodness you're taking it too far.

I've seen guys with 5 days stains on shirts and pants that they are still wearing. A little stain on the day is obviously okay. Seriously talk about taking things out of context...
No I think it makes men look kind of arrogant. Bit like the whole "I've got a fancy car. Look a me" thing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending