The Student Room Group

1 month left till gcse exams....am i screwed?

SO YEAH AS IT SAYS ON THE TITLE, I'VE LITERALLY GOT VERY LITTLE TIME TO REVISE AND IM ACTUALLY FREAKING OUT BECAUSE MY EXAMS START FROM THE 11TH OF MAY :eek::eek::eek:.....COULD I STILL DO WELL IF I REVISE NOW OR IS IT JUST TOO LITTLE TOO LATE? *SINGS TOO LITTLE TOO LATE BY JOJO* :colondollar:
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

its never too late bro im in year 10.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2
I didn't even revise for my GCSEs until 2 weeks before and I did fine. But that's just me.. And I really wouldn't reccomend that

dont worry just revise now ok? Better late than never.

dont waste any time and just start revising now because if you revise as much as you can without burning yourself out you could get more revision done in these 4 weeks than if you'd started doing a tiny bit of revision 8 weeks ago.

work hard and you'll do well
Original post by Pine3278
I didn't even revise for my GCSEs until 2 weeks before and I did fine. But that's just me.. And I really wouldn't reccomend that

dont waste any time and just start revising now because if you revise as much as you can without burning yourself out you could get more revision done in these 4 weeks than if you'd started doing a tiny bit of revision 8 weeks ago.

Just out of interest, what were you grades?
I have mine in a month too, first ones 5th may but I can't really revise for that one, don't think you're screwed though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by Rudimentary
Just out of interest, what were you grades?

1 a*
7 a
3 b
1 c
Reply 6
My first one's on the 5th of May and I'm feeling the same way! But still, 4 weeks is plenty of time to cram.
You've still got time mate. Mine is also in the 11th and I'm starting from tomorrow:smile:
Original post by Adam Uddin
You've still got time mate. Mine is also in the 11th and I'm starting from tomorrow:smile:

Time for B/C grades or a string of A*s?
I think the latter would be impossible to achieve given the time.
(edited 9 years ago)
Don't get me wrong. I've been revising. But not hardcore. Hardcore revision starts tomorrow:smile: Been getting A's in all my mocks so we'll see :biggrin:
Don't get me wrong. I've been revising. But not hardcore. Hardcore revision starts tomorrow:smile: Been getting A's in all my mocks so we'll see :biggrin:

What grades are you aiming for?
A month for GCSEs is ages. I revised for my exams probably a day or 2 before and ended up with 3 A*s 6 As and a B. Not that i'm suggesting you be like me but seriously, you shouldn't be worried :smile:
Original post by Diligence
What grades are you aiming for?

A's and A*'s. Maybe a B in RE though.
Original post by OneOfThem
A month for GCSEs is ages. I revised for my exams probably a day or 2 before and ended up with 3 A*s 6 As and a B. Not that i'm suggesting you be like me but seriously, you shouldn't be worried :smile:

That's impressive given the time you managed it in. I started revising back in March but I haven't made considerable progress :frown:. Would you say it's still possible to achieve 8/9A*s?
Original post by Diligence
That's impressive given the time you managed it in. I started revising back in March but I haven't made considerable progress :frown:. Would you say it's still possible to achieve 8/9A*s?

If you've already started? Definitely. Just find a revision technique that works best for you and stick to it. Oh and make sure you do plenty of past papers if you haven't already, can't stress enough how important they are.
Original post by simba_madridsta
its never too late bro im in year 10.

Original post by Radmandy
I have mine in a month too, first ones 5th may but I can't really revise for that one, don't think you're screwed though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

1 a*
7 a
3 b
1 c

Original post by Katie.F
My first one's on the 5th of May and I'm feeling the same way! But still, 4 weeks is plenty of time to cram.

Original post by OneOfThem

daaaammnnnn thanks guys i actually have some hope now :smile: seriously need to force myself into hardcore revision now....
I'm worried now! First ones on the 5th of May. I'm worried I focused to much on art ( they think it's an A*) and I'm trying to do the rest now.
At Christmas I did the night before and got 3A*, a couples of As and the rest Bs..
since my sociology has risen to an A (Possibly an A*) maths I either get As or less than 5 marks off (i need to stablize it) and my biology I could get an A....... and in history.... but honestly I feel like it's too close and I'm not going to managed to get the grades I want. Help.
Posted on TheStudentRoom
(edited 8 years ago)
You're not screwed. Revise every day. Easter is 2 days away, if you knuckle down you'll be ahead of most of your peers (in terms of revision done) in a matter of days. There's always a few crazy people (who are actually very smart) that start revision in like, September, or something else just as ludicrous :P
Original post by Chaz W
You're not screwed. Revise every day. Easter is 2 days away, if you knuckle down you'll be ahead of most of your peers (in terms of revision done) in a matter of days. There's always a few crazy people (who are actually very smart) that start revision in like, September, or something else just as ludicrous :P

Enough time for 8/9A*s?

Quick Reply

Latest