The Student Room Group

I have daddy issues and...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Get low so I can slap you in the face

very cheap of you to insult others whilst being anon
i won't be helping you with your daddy issues but i wish i could get a girl like you...oh no am i being sexist now?
Reply 21
So you think treating a woman badly is to be dominant.

You're no man. You're a dirty little boy.

What's wrong with you? I offered you some conversation and now you're insulting me, and taking out of context something that means nothing to you and is a conversation between two other people.

Leave me alone. :smile:
Do you want to read the whole convo with him before you jump to conclusions. I don't mind you saying that as I've showed strength in this thread.

LOL ok mate.

Original post by Charlie1o5
I'm not going after you if that's what you think -.-

haha bs you want her as much as i do coz she's weak and easily manipulated
I'm female you twit I'm not after her, you should go grow a pair and get over yourself.
Original post by Musie Suzie
Please explain your "daddy issues?"

To be honest it seems a bit of an umbrella term that people use without really thinking about it. Self-awareness and seeking to explain your behaviour is great, but I suggest you explore it a bit further before labelling it with the term "daddy issues."
Sorry I know it's an awful term tbh, but that's how I feel... Awful about it. Using that in the title was more of a gut reaction than anything.

Basically I act strong as a defence mechanism. I had difficult relationship with my dad and other adult men when I was a kid (no serious abuse but I was assaulted). I get attracted to guys who don't treat me well or hold me at a distance and I crawl back. But it's seriously affecting me because I go from one situation to another when I get head ****ed if you like and then I am broken.

I'm sorry I feel terrible saying all this on here and in light of all the sexist crap that's lined up on the Latest/Popular stream. But...
Sorry I know it's an awful term tbh, but that's how I feel... Awful about it. Using that in the title was more of a gut reaction than anything.

Basically I act strong as a defence mechanism. I had difficult relationship with my dad and other adult men when I was a kid (no serious abuse but I was assaulted). I get attracted to guys who don't treat me well or hold me at a distance and I crawl back. But it's seriously affecting me because I go from one situation to another when I get head ****ed if you like and then I am broken.

I'm sorry I feel terrible saying all this on here and in light of all the sexist crap that's lined up on the Latest/Popular stream. But...

Well, the fact that you are aware of the pattern in your relationships is a good start. :smile: I think you should just instantly cut ties with any of these guys that you're still in touch with, and take some time out just focussing on you, seeing friends, doing things that make you happy. Keep all guys at arm's length until you feel you've sussed them out a bit, then let them get closer when they've shown themselves to be decent. Easier said than done I'm sure, but you probably know the warning signs by now of a guy who isn't going to treat you right.

Are you lonely in your life?
Beyond your control? Hah, don't kid yourself. You'll never change with that attitude.
Original post by 41b

Leave me alone. :smile:
I did at 'silly girl'.
Filth, absolute filth. Just a touch below sex offender with that attitude.

Me? Erm sorry no you should have just gone anon and chatted on here please.

hahaha sex offender? ok troll detected nice try but believe it or not there are girls out there like you. You don't have to change if you're happy
I have the same sort of issue, my dad and I never got along, i was looked for guys, older guys who would look after me and sort of have a father figure. It sucks and its exceptionally difficult to get out of
Reply 30
I did at 'silly girl'.

:smile:

BTW, you come across as a girl who enjoys the attention of being a victim and seeks out guys that makes her feel victimised, so she can feel good about being a victim.

The pity is you'll probably trap some guy with your nice-girl routine and then destroy him with some false-rape allegation or abuse allegation.

Unfortunately, many guys are attracted to vulnerable "broken" girls because it brings out the Guardian in us. Like all the guys flirting or offering to talk with you here. But it's a poisoned chalice.

So stay away from us. :smile:
Original post by Musie Suzie
Well, the fact that you are aware of the pattern in your relationships is a good start. :smile: I think you should just instantly cut ties with any of these guys that you're still in touch with, and take some time out just focussing on you, seeing friends, doing things that make you happy. Keep all guys at arm's length until you feel you've sussed them out a bit, then let them get closer when they've shown themselves to be decent. Easier said than done I'm sure, but you probably know the warning signs by now of a guy who isn't going to treat you right.

Are you lonely in your life?
Thanks really appreciate all you've said there :smile:

Yeah I am lonely tbh.
I have the same sort of issue, my dad and I never got along, i was looked for guys, older guys who would look after me and sort of have a father figure. It sucks and its exceptionally difficult to get out of
Nice to know I'm not the only one :smile:. I know, all the idiots are just making light of it as well...
Reply 33

Looking up to your boyfriend is totally natural and quite healthy. Male leadership in relationships was the historical norm before the last 30 years and created the happiest relationships.

It's so strange that a woman being attracted to an older guy who'll look after her considers it a pathological issue. What has happened to society?
(edited 9 years ago)
Nice to know I'm not the only one :smile:. I know, all the idiots are just making light of it as well...
They wouldn't be able to understand, it's such a weird feeling, this is why i wanted you to pm me :/ I've never found someone in a similar situation
Original post by 41b
Looking up to your boyfriend is totally natural and quite healthy. Male leadership in relationships was the historical norm before the last 30 years and created the happiest relationships.

It's so strange that a woman being attracted to an older guy who'll look after her considers it a pathological issue. What has happened to society?
LOL Thatcher would have whupped your ass and that's saying something because I hate Conservatives and you're one of them (your profile). Deviant little ****.
If you're serious about this talk to ChildLine.
Reply 37
LOL Thatcher would have whupped your ass and that's saying something because I hate Conservatives and you're one of them (your profile). Deviant little ****.

:yawn: Big talk for weakling.
Original post by awkwardshortguy
If you're serious about this talk to ChildLine.
Aw thanks but I'm in my early 20's
Aw thanks but I'm in my early 20's

Samaritans, maybe? I know you might think it'll be a non-issue to them, but they'll probably give you a proper listen at the least.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending