The Student Room Group

General Discussion Further Pure 1 - 4 Maths 2015 [All Exam Boards]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by physicsmaths
Step 1 and 2 are going pretty nicely so far. haven't started STEP 3 yet so I should start that up soon aswell.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luck.

Remind me of what you've done so far again plz. I know I keep asking.
Original post by keromedic
Good luck.

Remind me of what you've done so far again plz. I know I keep asking.

C1-4 m1-3 fp1-3 s1-2 and doing m4 very slowly. Still making my fp2 fp3 m3 solid.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm taking FP2, FP3, FP4, M2, S2, STEP 1, STEP 2, STEP 3 this year.
I'm also studying M3.
Reply 163
Original post by alpen
I got 100 in FP3 this year so I'll be happy to help with FP1/FP2/FP3

Revision tips?
Reply 164
Ooh, done fp2 nd nearly fp3 pretty much. Not that bad. Fp3 ch2 quest are relatively difficult but not that bad either.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've done FP2 Ch. 4,5,6 and FP3 Ch. 1-4. What suprises are in store? haha. FP3 Ch. 2 is too abstract for my liking...
Think I may begin doing pps. Where are we all up to? :smile:
Done pretty much.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Done pretty much.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've basically not started -_-. The cramming begins. Have started 1st order ODEs in Fp2.
Tenofthem

Hello, I was hoping you could help with a query.

I'm revising Fp3 atm, specifically Hyperbolic. I have a question about graph sketching.

I'm aware that when you have one graph, accuracy isn't important. 1/x can look like 4/x as long as any asymptotes and axis crosses are denoted clearly. Is this the same when multiple curves are sketched in the same graph?

I'm revising Fp3 atm, specifically Hyperbolic. I have a question about graph sketching.

I'm aware that when you have one graph, accuracy isn't important. 1/x can look like 4/x as long as any asymptotes and axis crosses are denoted clearly. Is this the same when multiple curves are sketched in the same graph?

Not really the gradients are different whoch should be shown. They shouldnt look the same on the same graph although on a larger scale they could.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not really the gradients are different whoch should be shown. They shouldnt look the same on the same graph although on a larger scale they could.

Posted from TSR Mobile

So you should squash and skew then.

Though without a few reference points, it mat still be far from exact!

You need to make sure that the gradients are very roughly correct relative to each other. Any intersections with the axes, stationary points, horizontal or horizontal asymptotes should be in the correct order in roughly the right places relative to each other
Where one curve is higher than the other, this should be shown.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by morgan8002
You need to make sure that the gradients are very roughly correct relative to each other. Any intersections with the axes, stationary points, horizontal or horizontal asymptotes should be in the correct order in roughly the right places relative to each other
Where one curve is higher than the other, this should be shown.

Was meant to be horizontal or vertical asymptotes.
Was meant to be horizontal or vertical asymptotes.

I understood :tongue:.

What modules are you doing?
I understood :tongue:.

What modules are you doing?

FP2-4, M2, S2, STEP I-III.
I've also been self studying mechanics for STEP, so far done M3.
FP2-4, M2, S2, STEP I-III.
I've also been self studying mechanics for STEP, so far done M3.

Oh okay! Have you been able to do any STEP Mechanics papers so far? :smile:
Oh okay! Have you been able to do any STEP Mechanics papers so far? :smile:

Most of the STEP I mechanics questions are straightforward, so I've been able to do a lot of them, but most of the STEP II-III mechanics questions need moments of inertia, angular momentum and related content. I understand the concepts, but don't know how to calculate these in practise yet. As such I've left most of the STEP II-III questions until later and am concentrating on the pure for now.
Most of the STEP I mechanics questions are straightforward, so I've been able to do a lot of them, but most of the STEP II-III mechanics questions need moments of inertia, angular momentum and related content. I understand the concepts, but don't know how to calculate these in practise yet. As such I've left most of the STEP II-III questions until later and am concentrating on the pure for now.

Oh okay. And you're planning on taking the papers next year, I presume. Year 12 then?
Oh okay. And you're planning on taking the papers next year, I presume. Year 12 then?

No, year 13. I'm taking them in June. The pure is my main focus, so most of my effort goes into that, but I'm practicing the mechanics on the side as it'll hopefully give me an extra question or two in the exam. It's just a few more mechanics concepts that I need to learn properly and practice and then I'll be able to do most of those questions too.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending