The Student Room Group

Rate my political manifesto /10

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
The only decent policy you have here is the one about foreign aid!
Reply 21
Original post by CrapDunGoofed
Ok. On your way out.

Let me know when you think of a response to the points in my first reply

Healthcare not provided by government to people over age of 60. Privatise NHS
Controls on immigration levels/only high skilled immigrants.
Immigrants must prove they are willing to assimilate under new culture
Bans on Kosher/Halal slaughter
Child benefits limited to 1 child Abolish child benefits
Until start uni, have to pick 1 from Maths/Science to study.
Raise tuition fees to £12,000 (UK) £15,000 for STEM, PPE, Languages, Law (real subjects), £18,000 for all other subjects
Decrease minimum wage by 1$/1£ to increase employment. Abolish minimum wage

I like these ideas, however the red is my extension of your policies.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Ghughes92
This is so stupid it hurts. So someone who has been paying taxes throughout their life to pay for care when they retire suddenly don't get any benefit from them? What's the point in paying any taxes at all then. Let's abolish currency and trade for food with bullets and bottle caps.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes. Old people are a leech to the system, and they should be charged per visit to the GP/hospital.
Reply 24
Original post by a320airbus97

Ridiculous, you're making "real subjects" only accessible to the rich! Keep the poor down, that's the way to do it.

why would real degrees cost more?
why would real degrees cost more?

I forgot to put in that other subjects would cost more...sorry: I've changed my previous post
I forgot to put in that other subjects would cost more...sorry: I've changed my previous post

lol. i actually agree tuition fees should be hiked up. no more of this liberal hippy no tuition fee Bull****. now i know why nick clegg voted to raise them.
american unis are stealing the show. we need to get on their level.
(edited 9 years ago)
lol. i actually agree tuition fees should be hiked up. no more of this liberal hippy no tuition fee Bull****. now i know why nick clegg voted to raise them.

If fees were raised it would hopefully dissuade people from doing pointless degrees, and make a degree worth more again (as it was before Blair tried to give everyone a degree: another Labour failure)
You do you think is going to pick up the tab for a £1 min wage? It's effectively benefits for business owners.
Yes. Old people are a leech to the system, and they should be charged per visit to the GP/hospital.

Did you even bother to read my comment or are you unable to comprehend it? They are NOT leeching from the system because they PAID for it. The system only works because the current generation maintains pays for the previous one. If there is no healthcare after retirement age then the current generation stops paying and then there is no system.

Your "policies" are laughable.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Did you even bother to read my comment or are you unable to comprehend it? They are NOT leeching from the system because they PAID for it. The system only works because the current generation maintains pays for the previous one. If there is no healthcare after retirement age then the current generation stops paying and then there is no system.

Posted from TSR Mobile

They have paid for it, I agree. Which is why they have had it for free for 60 ****ing years. That's a lifetime, if you ask me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Life would be so much easier if the NHS was privately run. Then, you would only need to pay for the healthcare that YOU need, and not for the healthcare of every Tom, Dick and Harry who passes you on the street (which is the current policy). Why should people pay for something that they might need in the future? It's an absurd policy if you ask me.
Prostitution legalised, and paid for to virgins over the age of 21 as a first go.
Women allowed to wear what they want, however, men will be able to look as much as they want without it causing offense.
Healthcare not provided by government to people over age of 60.
Controls on immigration levels/only high skilled immigrants.
Immigrants must prove they are willing to assimilate under new culture
Weed legalised, and treated the same way as alcohol. No smoke/drive. No stoned at work etc.
Bans on Kosher/Halal slaughter
Religious communities will be run by the government, and paid for by taxing members of the community.
Child benefits limited to 1 child
Sack **** teachers from school, free up teaching time by giving students more free time to do independent work.
Until start uni, have to pick 1 from Maths/Science to study.
Tuition fees abolished for STEM degrees, as long as student achieves First-class grades.
Raise tuition fees to £12,000 (UK)
Foreign aid 0.1% of GDP.
Decrease minimum wage by 1$/1£ to increase employment.
TV programs that have the word "news" in it will be forced to take news out of name if providing false news (Fox)

Discuss.

There are very few redeeming features of this "manifesto".
Reply 34
Disagree with most of your policies, mostly with your policy to legalize weed.
They have paid for it, I agree. Which is why they have had it for free for 60 ****ing years. That's a lifetime, if you ask me.

People need it more in later life than in early life. That's why we pay for it (to secure it in retirement).

And 60 years is not a lifetime, it hasn't been for centuries.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SBKA
Disagree with most of your policies, mostly with your policy to legalize weed.

if we legalise it, then stoners wont think they're such badasses, and we can tax the **** out of the little ****ers for everything they've got as well
Life would be so much easier if the NHS was privately run. Then, you would only need to pay for the healthcare that YOU need, and not for the healthcare of every Tom, Dick and Harry who passes you on the street (which is the current policy). Why should people pay for something that they might need in the future? It's an absurd policy if you ask me.

It's a policy upon which this country is built and a policy along the lines of which almost every other country in the world operates.

The U.S. Health system is one of the only non universal care systems in the world for a reason, it doesn't work and isn't fair.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 38
if we legalise it, then stoners wont think they're such badasses, and we can tax the **** out of the little ****ers for everything they've got as well

Oh I thought you supported this policy from a personal point of view.

I suppose I agree with your sentiment, no not quite with your execution :smile:.
Original post by SBKA
Oh I thought you supported this policy from a personal point of view. I suppose I agree with your sentiment, no not quite with your execution :smile:.
most people who want weed legalised are stoners themselves. i think we could legalise it and milk it for its worth. i think its relatively harmless. certainly less harmful than most of the **** we put in our bodies in a daily basis.

Quick Reply