The Student Room Group

Gonna have 1 last smoke on my e-cig then bin it...

I recently quit smoking, and diverted to e-cigs, I'm binning it tonight as I've read numerous articles of it actually being worse than normal cigs, defeating the purpose in the first place.

Discuss
Shisha all day long.
As far as health is concerned I don't think they are as bad as smoking. When used to smoke I would cough up all kinds nasty stuff but not on an e cig. However they do not aid quitting, simply move your addiction.

The only way to quit is to go cold turkey.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just done an entire final year project on e cigs

The research is difficult to decifer at the moment as out is mostly biased but essentially you're putting stuff into body that it doesn't need and that we don't know how safe it is.

Good on you for stopping though :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by DiddyDec
As far as health is concerned I don't think they are as bad as smoking. When used to smoke I would cough up all kinds nasty stuff but not on an e cig. However they do not aid quitting, simply move your addiction.

The only way to quit is to go cold turkey.

Posted from TSR Mobile

True its literally just shifted my addiction.
Reply 5
Original post by ThatHealthyLife
Just done an entire final year project on e cigs

The research is difficult to decifer at the moment as out is mostly biased but essentially you're putting stuff into body that it doesn't need and that we don't know how safe it is.

Good on you for stopping though :smile:

Thats interesting what were the summary of your findings when comparing them to normal cigs?
Original post by T.I.P
True its literally just shifted my addiction.

Having quit since new year I feel so much better. I still smoke from time to time when I'm out with friends but I no longer feel the need to smoke habitually.

Just go cold turkey the first week is hell but it gets easier.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Well done and good luck staying off them :smile:.
Reply 8
Original post by DiddyDec
Having quit since new year I feel so much better. I still smoke from time to time when I'm out with friends but I no longer feel the need to smoke habitually.

Just go cold turkey the first week is hell but it gets easier.

Posted from TSR Mobile
What have been your health improvements since quitting?
There hasn't been enough scientific studies etc to come to any strong conclusions.
Original post by T.I.P
What have been your health improvements since quitting?

I have a lot more breath and just general levels of fitness are better. Nor do I have smokers cough anymore.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest