The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Accommodation at University of Sheffield 2015 Entry

Hi :smile:

This coming September I am coming to study Biomedical Sciences at the University of Sheffield. I am rather excited to come and live in such a vibrant and student orientated city.

However I am unsure whether to choose Endcliffe Village or the City student accommodation. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Chloe
Original post by cjtyth

This coming September I am coming to study Biomedical Sciences at the University of Sheffield. I am rather excited to come and live in such a vibrant and student orientated city.

However I am unsure whether to choose Endcliffe Village or the City student accommodation. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Chloe

They both have pros and cons to be honest. Obviously the City accommodation is central which makes it much easier to get to your lectures, the union and nights out, ect. By the looks of it the city center accommodation is much more modern than Endcliffe although I'm just judging by photos. I've read a lot of what people have said about Endcliffe and it seems to have a much more lively and fun atmosphere. I loved the Endcliffe accommodation when I looked around and that will probably be my choice. It seemed much more studenty and friendly haha. A second year student at the open day said the unis international students tend to go for the city accommodation because it is easier for them to get their bearings of the city.

There is pretty much hardly any images online of the unis accommodation which is pretty stupid, other unis have loads of info and photos. The university has a you-tube channel with video tours in and around the accommodation, I'd recommend you taking a look although I think they are a few years old!

Sorry if this didn't help hahaa:confused:, good luck!:smile:
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Reply 2
Original post by cjtyth

Thanks!

Chloe

Original post by victoriasarah
They both have pros and cons to be honest. Obviously the City accommodation is central which makes it much easier to get to your lectures, the union and nights out, ect. By the looks of it the city center accommodation is much more modern than Endcliffe although I'm just judging by photos. I've read a lot of what people have said about Endcliffe and it seems to have a much more lively and fun atmosphere. I loved the Endcliffe accommodation when I looked around and that will probably be my choice. It seemed much more studenty and friendly haha. A second year student at the open day said the unis international students tend to go for the city accommodation because it is easier for them to get their bearings of the city.

There is pretty much hardly any images online of the unis accommodation which is pretty stupid, other unis have loads of info and photos. The university has a you-tube channel with video tours in and around the accommodation, I'd recommend you taking a look although I think they are a few years old!

Sorry if this didn't help hahaa:confused:, good luck!:smile:

Definitely 100% fully recommending Endcliffe over anywhere else. It may be a few minutes further walk up the hill, but it's where most people live and where all the atmosphere is. The apartments are (apart from Stephenson, Crewe and Halifax) new, and very nice. It's good to see you haven't even considered Ranmoor.
Reply 3
Original post by Cerdic
Definitely 100% fully recommending Endcliffe over anywhere else. It may be a few minutes further walk up the hill, but it's where most people live and where all the atmosphere is. The apartments are (apart from Stephenson, Crewe and Halifax) new, and very nice. It's good to see you haven't even considered Ranmoor.

I think I will choose Endcliffe :smile:

Thanks for the help!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending