The Student Room Group

Anyone feeling demotivated?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kkboyk
The most overused video for motivation. -.-

Look on the bright side: you were accepted into that course compared to those that weren't so you are good enough; you are working hard so have a bit more confidence; you're aware that it's difficult and you're admitting it (so now it's a matter of what you can do to overcome this obstacle).

I'm kind of like that, so I've been disciplining myself: whenever those thoughts appear I instantly tr to reject it and say to myself that if I give up now than I've spent all those years of hard work for nothing.

At least you seem to have it sorted. I'm currently floating in life and still don't know what to do, despite making a huge diagram of potential courses, jobs and other fields I could go into (my current one has about 40 -.-).

Yay same, well you should expect a surprise in your inbox tonight :colondollar:

I'm unsure about where my life is heading as well- don't have a particular plan yet. I think its the uncertainty..not knowing what I'd be good at/what I'd enjoy that can frustrate me a lot.
Original post by Clara96
Sounds like you're going through an awful time :frown: people dont understand if they dont have first hand experience. I think I have an idea of how you might be feeling right now. I know its hard and no matter what it wont just go away like people expect it to. Its a part of you which is a pretty depressing thought in itself. Doesnt mean it has to destroy you though! Have you seeked help or anything?

Exactly. And yes I've been seeing a counsellor for about a year but I don't think she's the right one for me because she hasn't really shown me how I can improve. But I'm awfully bad at breaking things off haha so everytime I try to change counsellors I feel really bad. I've also seen a psychiatrist but he seems to prescribe the exact same thing to everyone so I became dubious and decided not to use the prescription.
Reply 62
Original post by AstroNandos
Just drank a couple of energy drinks to keep me going, but it's not really working. It's 10pm and I've still got 2-3 hours of homework that's due tomorrow, ahhhhhh

Yeah I'm pretty demotivated

I wouldn't recommend drinking energy drink so late. Why not do half now, then sleep and wake up earlier tomorrow to do the other half?

Original post by TheStoryteller
Me (ironically because I tried to post a motivation thread last time :frown:)

I can't do anything right. Correction: I can't do anything at all. I can't even breathe atm because my anxiety levels have been so high that they've somehow punctured my lungs :s-smilie:

Don't underestimate yourself. You can do something right, whenever you think that way stop yourself and take deep breaths. I usually do that and then start asking myself "how can I make sure I can do this right?"; "what I'm I doing wrong?". I spend quite a lot of time analysing myself and making plans inside my head (usually planning a murder) :colondollar:

Original post by Clara96
Very!! I really want to go to University as well and I will still sit here for a full day and procrastinate like a pro. Ive been saying for 2 months now Ill start revision and I still havent. Only have 2 months till my exams now and I hardly went in during the first part of the year so I have a lot to learn and re-learn. Sucks.

Have you tried watching those uni videos on YouTube? It's a matter of willpower and how much interest you have on your course. I've started procrastinating since the beginning of last week -.-

Original post by SassKing13
Not motivated to do this assignment :/

You know what would spice things up?

Spoiler

Reply 63
Original post by Emily.97
I'm unsure about where my life is heading as well- don't have a particular plan yet. I think its the uncertainty..not knowing what I'd be good at/what I'd enjoy that can frustrate me a lot.

I'm pretty much going through the same thing -.-
So far all my list just includes of things that I think are fun in a way and will keep me interested for a certain amount of times. I don't really know what I'm really good at or what I would enjoy, so I made a plan for this summer to try out a variety of stuff (if I gain some motivation to do so). If not, then I'll just focus on doing something that's flexible (I don't really want to stay in the same job for more than 5yrs).

Try not to look too much into the future and focus more on the present :tongue:
Reply 64
Very. Done no work today

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kkboyk
I'm pretty much going through the same thing -.-
So far all my list just includes of things that I think are fun in a way and will keep me interested for a certain amount of times. I don't really know what I'm really good at or what I would enjoy, so I made a plan for this summer to try out a variety of stuff (if I gain some motivation to do so). If not, then I'll just focus on doing something that's flexible (I don't really want to stay in the same job for more than 5yrs).

Try not to look too much into the future and focus more on the present :tongue:

Good for you! :smile:
This sounds crazy but I don't often like the summer holidays, cause I know that I no longer have a purpose (ie exams). Last summer I experienced a lot of depressive symptoms cause I ended up dwelling on my thoughts for a long period of time. I'd like to get a volunteering role or something but I'm incredibly scared about the experience- I haven't had the experience to build up the perserverence/confidence, and that's one thing that I dislike about A levels. Spending so much time revising has just isolated me in a few ways.
Original post by kkboyk
If you tell me your exam board, I can PM you some playlist and videos that I've got :tongue:

Though I'm currently demotivated with life, in the past I used to join random clubs like taekwondo for a few months, and then join a different one just to spice life a bit

Why not glorify a few lawyers and do some role play? :colondollar:

It's a compulsory module and I'll only do it once, not worth the effort tbh.
Original post by kkboyk
I wouldn't recommend drinking energy drink so late. Why not do half now, then sleep and wake up earlier tomorrow to do the other half?

I prefer to do it in the night, that way I can go for up to like 5 hours if I need to, but in the mornings I feel too tired to do anything

It's only a few questions on one homework and 14 pages of Chemistry homework, shouldn't be too bad

:frown:
So very. I'm so confused about my future. I remember how I felt last summer and the relief of exams being over. I don't feel ready for exams this time round, and time is going too fast. I keep crying! It's really horrible to think how simplistic and happy life was last year. I know what I want in my life (career wise) but I'm scared that I'm not good enough- on one hand, I want to just go for it and put every ounce of my being into achieving it. On the other hand, I want to forget about it because I'll be too disappointed if my plans don't work out.

Does anyone else feel like this?
Reply 69
Original post by Emily.97
Good for you! :smile:
This sounds crazy but I don't often like the summer holidays, cause I know that I no longer have a purpose (ie exams). Last summer I experienced a lot of depressive symptoms cause I ended up dwelling on my thoughts for a long period of time. I'd like to get a volunteering role or something but I'm incredibly scared about the experience- I haven't had the experience to build up the perserverence/confidence, and that's one thing that I dislike about A levels. Spending so much time revising has just isolated me in a few ways.

Yeah I really hate summer :frown: Bad things always happens and my friends pretty much isolate me for a whole 2 months plus I end up having nothing to do causing me to overthink about things for no reason.

What are you planning on doing? A lot of people eventually get scared before volunteering, but once you start it those feelings will pretty much start to fade. I've recently started volunteering for food banks around the city, the scary thing about it is that I'm pretty much in charge of taking actions in a group of 6 people (whom 2 of them rarely show up to help or in meetings) and coming with ideas; which I've never ever experienced in my life as I'm kind of shy and not a leader type of person :shy2: I've gradually improved my confidence so far, but still need to improve a bit more in my skills -.-
Reply 70
Original post by AstroNandos
I prefer to do it in the night, that way I can go for up to like 5 hours if I need to, but in the mornings I feel too tired to do anything

It's only a few questions on one homework and 14 pages of Chemistry homework, shouldn't be too bad

:frown:

I just leave everything in the morning despite being half asleep. Probably because I just like the adrenaline in the morning

Original post by MissLalaxx
It's a compulsory module and I'll only do it once, not worth the effort tbh.

No.NO. NO... don't think like that :frown: see it as a small pebble in a road, but if you ignore it you could potentially step on it and fall over :colondollar:

Spoiler

know how you guys feel cant gather the strength to revise
Original post by DeadEnd_96
This video is for those of you that lack motivation :smile:

[video="youtube;CMm6tDavSXg"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMm6tDavSXg[/video]

Mi familia are fine and i have no business dreams. this didnt workkk
Reply 73
Original post by DIN-NARYU-FARORE
Mi familia are fine and i have no business dreams. this didnt workkk

[video="youtube;psgjh9jFyMs"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psgjh9jFyMs[/video]
Original post by CrapDunGoofed
Yeah man. Skived my Geology lesson today as well. Life goes on man.

Uni or a level?
Original post by Wolftablet
Uni or a level?

sats
Original post by CrapDunGoofed
nice one son. i got rejected from there lol. my only rejection. rather go to southampton anyway!

What did you apply for?
Original post by kkboyk
[video="youtube;psgjh9jFyMs"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psgjh9jFyMs[/video]

It didnt help
Reply 78
Original post by DIN-NARYU-FARORE
It didnt help

Are you allowing yourself to get motivated, or just dismissing every motivational stuff to be demotivated?
Reply 79
I have no motivation for important stuff

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest