The Student Room Group

Additional Further Maths. How?

So basically I'm currently doing Maths and Further Maths AS's and intend on studying both at A2. Just this night I've discovered Additional Further Maths! My school doesn't offer anything like this so I was just wondering what it entails.
The units I will end up studying are
C1, C2, C3, C4
FP1, FP2
M1, M2, M3
S1, S2, S3

What else would I need to do to get additional further? Is it every other module including all the decision modules (which my sixth form don't offer) or would it just be maybe M4, S4 and FP3. I would love to hear from anything who is currently doing it. Thanks!
Reply 1
Original post by ElliotLDavies
So basically I'm currently doing Maths and Further Maths AS's and intend on studying both at A2. Just this night I've discovered Additional Further Maths! My school doesn't offer anything like this so I was just wondering what it entails.
C1, C2, C3, C4
FP1, FP2
M1, M2, M3
S1, S2, S3

What else would I need to do to get additional further? Is it every other module including all the decision modules (which my sixth form don't offer) or would it just be maybe M4, S4 and FP3. I would love to hear from anything who is currently doing it. Thanks!

if it is EDEXCEL then

FP3, S4, M4, M5, D1, D2
Original post by TeeEm
if it is EDEXCEL then

FP3, S4, M4, M5, D1, D2

Well I do OCR (MEI) but I'm gonna assume it's the same. Thanks :smile:
C1, C2, C3, C4
FP1, FP2
M1, M2, M3
S1, S2, S3

If you are just doing the AS, you do any three more modules of your choice. If you do the A2, you need to do all of the modules.
I'm only finishing with 14 modules taken exams in, but am studying more.

Or 3 of the ones TeeEm mentioned for an AS in AFM :smile:
Reply 5

similar but not the same

there is no M5 but there is DE, NM, and of couple of others so better options
Original post by TeeEm
similar but not the same

there is no M5 but there is DE, NM, and of couple of others so better options

So I'm guessing I can 'mix and match' a little more with OCR?
Reply 7
So I'm guessing I can 'mix and match' a little more with OCR?

yes
Original post by TeeEm
yes

Awesome :biggrin: Thanks for the help.
Reply 9
Awesome :biggrin: Thanks for the help.

no worries and good luck

Quick Reply

Latest