The Student Room Group

Girls, how important is a guys 'image' to you?

Scroll to see replies

More important things than dress sense tbh ladies .....
Why do people wear all this Hollister type branded stuff then?
Original post by Anonymous
Why do people wear all this Hollister type branded stuff then?

Because it is overpriced tacky crap sheep will do what other sheep do.
Original post by idontevenbeth
Obviously yeah, but there's quite a few guys that constantly have this super long hair (both head and beard) and obviously don't try to make an effort with their appearance, yet complain they're single. Also sweat only smells when it's old...

Sweat can smell within half an hour.
Not really bothered.. He just needs to keep himself clean and smell nice
Original post by TurboCretin
Sweat can smell within half an hour.

You're still being nitpicky.
I'm not really bothered, however, a sense of style wouldn't go amiss. To me, guys who wear Hollister/Jack Wills/Abercrombie are the type that want to blend in with the crowd as opposed to setting their own trends.
You're still being nitpicky.

Still...? When was I picking nits before?

I didn't mean what I said that way. I'm just saying that sometimes guys smell less than ideal and it isn't because we didn't shower that morning. Once or twice I've had to run for my train in to work and just spent my commute thinking 'great, now I'm going to smell all day'.
Original post by TurboCretin
Still...? When was I picking nits before?

I didn't mean what I said that way. I'm just saying that sometimes guys smell less than ideal and it isn't because we didn't shower that morning. Once or twice I've had to run for my train in to work and just spent my commute thinking 'great, now I'm going to smell all day'.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/09/07/article-2199778-14E24CC1000005DC-27_468x567.jpg

lets just say this isn't my ideal man and be done with it

Mine neither.

Frank is beautiful
Original post by CherryWine
Frank is beautiful

I think if he tried, he could scrub up well :wink:
Personally as a guy i'm concerned that they consider Hollister 'brand worthy'.

In my own experience when i first was putting myself out there, i did meet a girl who later said she didn't want to carry things on because she said i didn't wear brands. That being said i also went through a phase of being really smart-casual/preppy where i wore proper shoes, jeans, leather belt, shirt and stripy jumper over the top or a skinny tie and i had random women saying i was trendy or stylish.

Moral of the story, i do think girls care. So try avoid looking like you just went to Primark.
Long floppy greasy hair doesn't quite do it for me or many girls.. a neat trim and clothes that aren't covered in ketchup will do okay for me!

dam
Reply 34
I'd obviously prefer someone who looks -- and hopefully is clean and thinks wisely about their appearances before leaving the house. Bottom line, someone who makes an effort in how they look. :smile:
Really, are you female?, I've seen lots of guys wear it, even into their twenties.

Yes I am...?
Hollister = Arrogant douche. Personal experience is all. And very stereotypical. But. I'd be lying if I said that wasn't my initial perception. :rolleyes:

Original post by katienurd
Slept with someone who was 'apparently' a Hollister model and he was so self absorbed it was unreal hah

:colonhash: .... :biggrin:
Reply 36
Not important, it's a non issue

Posted from TSR Mobile
I mean I notice some guys wear designer brand clothes, like your mid range stuff, Hollister, etc. I get the impression some guys just wear it to attract women as they know/think they like it. I also get the impression that women like men that welar these designer brand stuff, for women I get the impression its a big deal. Now for me as a man I couldn't really give a toss about all that stuff and I think many men are the same, a few might but most do so only because they feel women are into it. So the question is would a guys image put you off him, like talking to him even if you were still attracted to him or if he didn't have a popular/sociable image?

It's subjective really isnt it ? It's not a deal breaker for me , I can work with some dodgy clothes , they can be changed . It would seem silly of me to not give a guy a chance because he was wearing a **** shirt .
Original post by Technetium
I'm not really bothered, however, a sense of style wouldn't go amiss. To me, guys who wear Hollister/Jack Wills/Abercrombie are the type that want to blend in with the crowd as opposed to setting their own trends.

Isn't setting your own trends a big no, no, like you don't get the social scene so hence alienate yourself from others, i.e potential women?
Lol the irony of this question is that women that value the image you are referring to do not go on websites like this

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending