The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

English with Study in North America at Exeter

Scroll to see replies

Original post by studdybuddy101
I got the same :smile:, but for deffered entry. I might reapply if I do better than my AAB prediction.

Well done!
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 21
Original post by HuggleyDuck
Congratulations on your offer!
I applied in October as well, hopefully that means they've almost made a decision on mine.

Hang in there, aha. I'm in the same boat. Honestly would be crushed if they said no now!
I got an offer today! Check you emails everyone, I expect emails from ucas will be arriving either today or in the next few days.
Reply 23
I got an offer today! Check you emails everyone, I expect emails from ucas will be arriving either today or in the next few days.

Congratulations on the offer!!!!
Original post by niveous
Congratulations on the offer!!!!

Thank you!!!
I got my offer a couple of days ago too, really excited. My offer was A*A*A though - is that standard for this? Felt very high!
I received my offer yesterday and my formal offer letter today. I am so happy to have Exeter as a firm. I got offered BB as I have the A* already in Language and Literature and an A* in Extended project qualification about Romantic Literary Theory.

congratulations to everyone so far, and hopefully I will see you in September !!!
Original post by anoushkaar
I got my offer a couple of days ago too, really excited. My offer was A*A*A though - is that standard for this? Felt very high!

Congratulations on the offer! I was offered the same, it's so high! It's more than Cambridge wanted which I found quite surprising.
Original post by JordanT9000
I received my offer yesterday and my formal offer letter today. I am so happy to have Exeter as a firm. I got offered BB as I have the A* already in Language and Literature and an A* in Extended project qualification about Romantic Literary Theory.

congratulations to everyone so far, and hopefully I will see you in September !!!

Congratulations on the offer!
Congratulations on the offer! I was offered the same, it's so high! It's more than Cambridge wanted which I found quite surprising.

Ah, that's comforting to know. Do you think it's because its a difficult course to get into? I think there are only 11 places?
Ah, that's comforting to know. Do you think it's because its a difficult course to get into? I think there are only 11 places?

Seriously? 11 places, wow, I hadn't heard that before. I have no idea how difficult it is to get a place... I thought it was competitive but I had no idea to what extent.
Seriously? 11 places, wow, I hadn't heard that before. I have no idea how difficult it is to get a place... I thought it was competitive but I had no idea to what extent.

yep I know someone who did it a few years ago. I think basically because there are 8 unis in NA for the second year, and only a few of them have more than one student going from Exeter.. I didn't realise this either when I'd applied!
yep I know someone who did it a few years ago. I think basically because there are 8 unis in NA for the second year, and only a few of them have more than one student going from Exeter.. I didn't realise this either when I'd applied!

Blimey... Suddenly I'm taking this a bit more seriously! I was under the impression that there would be loads of people on this course...
Is there really 11 places ?? wow. I wonder how many applicants there were for this course - considering people have been offered alternative forms of offer ?

Vassar college looks amazing !!!
Is there really 11 places ?? wow. I wonder how many applicants there were for this course - considering people have been offered alternative forms of offer ?

Vassar college looks amazing !!!

When I went to the English talk at the open day in the summer one of the lecturers ask if anyone was interested in studying abroad (so the 3yr North America course and the 4yr World course) and at least 3/4 of the room raised their hand which looked like about 200 kids.
Does anyone know when the offer-holder visit day is? See I'm trying to convince my Mum that university will give me really good opportunities... and it is not a load of drunk people all the time!! I'm the first one in my family to go, so I want to bring her along to this visit day - as she hasn't been to any others. Does anyone know roughly when it is?
I think they've all happened already. Its really annoying, they took forever to get back to us and now its too late to go to a visit day. I think k if you call and ask they'll let you drive there and look around, which might be good for your mum as she'll see what a normal working day is like.
Does anyone know when the offer-holder visit day is? See I'm trying to convince my Mum that university will give me really good opportunities... and it is not a load of drunk people all the time!! I'm the first one in my family to go, so I want to bring her along to this visit day - as she hasn't been to any others. Does anyone know roughly when it is?

contact your department tell them the date you would like to visit and ask if they can have anyone to show you around the department. check out re campus tours. these go on most afternoons during term time
Just got an email saying that even if my offer is A*A*A, If it is my firm choice I'll be accepted if I get A*AA, which is lovely! Anyone else get this?
Reply 39
I still haven't heard anything (applied in October). I'm assuming that means they've offered all their places and are waiting for people to firm/reject before they decide whether to give the rest of us places or reject us. That or they're being really cruel in taking this long to reject people.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending