The Student Room Group

Really into a girl but not so much with her looks?

Hi All,

So I met a girl "online" and prior to our first date, I was really into her. I met her, but felt she was not my type looks wise. So anyway we ended it. She also did have feelings for me.

Few weeks later, I told her I was growing feelings for her (everything but looks we 100% click and gel on). We met once more and we had a really personal date where we talked about us and our pasts etc. I really felt a very strong emotional bond that I've never felt with any other girl. It even made me think we were born in the same hospital and were lieing next to each other. We talked so much and really gelled that I didn't even have a chance to look at the food menu!!

Some of the other "feelings" I had were:

- I was buzzing for the whole evening after that
- I couldn't even sleep!!
- If she does not reply for 2 hrs or so (Despite so many legit reasons), I worry.
etc

It's pretty obvious I really like her. But as I mentioned, she is not my type. She is not ugly either, maybe I am being picky (I doubt I'd meet anyone as good as her if it ended, and I'd end up with feelings that get stronger in her absence and would just have to move on). I am scared that this will eat away at me or make it hard for me to commit emotionally and physically. Maybe it's my expectations and I am being naive? It seems like I like her and have attraction based on the emotional connection we have as opposed to pure looks, which is a good thing I guess.

Any advice much appreciated!
Just go for it whilst you're young. You never know what could happen.
Could just be friends lol
Original post by -Blade-
Hi All,

So I met a girl "online" and prior to our first date, I was really into her. I met her, but felt she was not my type looks wise. So anyway we ended it. She also did have feelings for me.

Few weeks later, I told her I was growing feelings for her (everything but looks we 100% click and gel on). We met once more and we had a really personal date where we talked about us and our pasts etc. I really felt a very strong emotional bond that I've never felt with any other girl. It even made me think we were born in the same hospital and were lieing next to each other. We talked so much and really gelled that I didn't even have a chance to look at the food menu!!

Some of the other "feelings" I had were:

- I was buzzing for the whole evening after that
- I couldn't even sleep!!
- If she does not reply for 2 hrs or so (Despite so many legit reasons), I worry.
etc

It's pretty obvious I really like her. But as I mentioned, she is not my type. She is not ugly either, maybe I am being picky (I doubt I'd meet anyone as good as her if it ended, and I'd end up with feelings that get stronger in her absence and would just have to move on). I am scared that this will eat away at me or make it hard for me to commit emotionally and physically. Maybe it's my expectations and I am being naive? It seems like I like her and have attraction based on the emotional connection we have as opposed to pure looks, which is a good thing I guess.

Any advice much appreciated!

If u really like her than why not go for it and what do u mean by not my type? Wht is ur type?

Posted from TSR Mobile
tbh if I like a girl' personality it doesn't really matter what she looks like so long as she isn't overweight/unclean/has a visible issue with her attractiveness (i.e. severe facial scars, giant moles, severe acne)... I'll find her attractive.

Don't why that isn't the same for you. Maybe she will grow on your more as your relationship becomes more intimate IRL?
Reply 5
Just be friends and work your way...in :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending