The Student Room Group

So many plane crashes?

What's going on?
Ive lost count of how many planes have crashed this year alone.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
There really hasn't been that many commercial airline crashes this year, especially in proportion to the number of flights each day.

That said, I'm fairly apprehensive about getting on a plane to go skiing next week
Reply 2
Life is going on.

That is all.

Why not complain about how many car crashes there have been? Many thousands more people have died that way.
Original post by Zeetingman
What's going on?

name as many as you can then.
So many vehicular accidents.
Original post by Drewski
Life is going on.

Unless you're one of these people from these planes.
What's going on?

Single digits

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Aviation_accidents_and_incidents_in_2015
Original post by anonlad
There really hasn't been that many commercial airline crashes this year, especially in proportion to the number of flights each day.

That said, I'm fairly apprehensive about getting on a plane to go skiing next week

Don't be scared. Still the safest way of travelling.
What's going on?

So you're saying you can't count very high?
Yeah it's crazy but I'm getting used to it now
Just don't go on a plane made by Russia

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
How often does this happen without media reporting?
I have noticed that as well. I think it's Aliens!
It does feel like there have been more plane crashes over the last year but I was reading the other day that the number of crashes has not risen. What I find surprising is that there seems to be more mid-flight crashes. We were always told that take-off and landing were statistically more dangerous but so many of the recent plane crashes seem to be happening mid-flight.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Plane crashes attract more publicity that is all. You're more likely to die in a car crash.
-
Remember a few years back when there were 2 cases of people going "zombie like" in USA cause of a drug which the media then exploded out of proportion? OR when Swine Flu was ''going to kill us all?

Exactly like that. Overhyped (not trying to be offensive, I hope you understand where I'm coming from).
Original post by The_Blade
Just don't go on a plane made by Russia

Posted from TSR Mobile

Or America.

Airbus make the safest planes lol.
Original post by Inexorably
Plane crashes attract more publicity that is all. You're more likely to die in a car crash.
-
Remember a few years back when there were 2 cases of people going "zombie like" in USA cause of a drug which the media then exploded out of proportion? OR when Swine Flu was ''going to kill us all?

Exactly like that. Overhyped (not trying to be offensive, I hope you understand where I'm coming from).

bath salts :tongue:
Original post by ChickenMadness
bath salts :tongue:

Huh? :tongue:
Original post by Inexorably
Huh? :tongue:

The drugs were bath salts. Made people eat each other lol.
Original post by ChickenMadness
The drugs were bath salts. Made people eat each other lol.

By Bath Salts do you mean actual cosmetic bath salts or the term used for legal highs? :tongue:

I could have sworn it was something more dangerous hm

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending