The Student Room Group

Why do people tell their partners their sexual past?

It's all in the past.

Why do people want to know about their partner's sexual past? It has nothing to do with them.
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I certainly wouldn't want to be with a girl whos opened her legs for over 50 guys. Disgusting.
Original post by bittr n swt
I certainly wouldn't want to be with a girl whos opened her legs for over 50 guys. Disgusting.

Why would you want to be told this?
Because I want to know if she's easy and I want to be proud of my gf. If she's been with >50 guys most likely she'll continue that trend so we'll eventually break up
I agree, that is the worst question to ask each other and nothing good ever comes from asking it. It doesn't help the present or towards the future.

Saying this, I feel the same as bittr n swt, I wouldn't want my girl to be everyones girl so a little (subtle) background is good to know.
Original post by MylittlePlusle
It's all in the past.

Why do people want to know about their partner's sexual past? It has nothing to do with them.

I don't get why people want to know either. Some people think that when they get into a relationship they have the right to know everything about their partner.
Reply 6
I don't know the reason for sure myself but I asked my girlfriend about her past. Sex is something special for me and I would want to know how intimate I am with her. If she's shared the same with someone before I wouldn't even feel special being with her. Every guy wants to be proud of his girl and likes to feel special (i think!)
who wants a girl who's ****ed 50 other guys?
I guess it shows what they consider sex to be...if they don't care about it and can do it with anyone anywhere, without a care in the world, or if they think it's special.
Original post by bluemax
I don't know the reason for sure myself but I asked my girlfriend about her past. Sex is something special for me and I would want to know how intimate I am with her. If she's shared the same with someone before I wouldn't even feel special being with her. Every guy wants to be proud of his girl and likes to feel special (i think!)

So if she feels sex is really special but she's done it with someone else before, that means it's not special with you?
Original post by bluemax

Unless you marry young and stay married and dont cheat, your in for a world of disappointment.

Oh and I was proud of my girl and like to feel special, the fact that she had sex before me didnt affect that in slightest.

As for why people, curiosity I suppose, it doesn't matter to me that she has had previous sexual partners. Personally I wouldn't want a virgin anyhow. Much rather a woman who knows what shes doing
Reply 11
But good advice, don't tell your partner about something you've previously done then you're not willing to do again (anal comes to mind) it's a bit of a tease and makes the partner wonder if they're insignificant, like "why haven't they let me do that?"
Exactly. It's irrelevant. Sexual past, present, future...it doesn't matter. It doesn't change anything.

Posted from TSR Mobile
So basally I killed someone in the past but you shouldn't know because it's in the past ????

Pa
st highlights of your life is important information and should be honestly and truthfully answered whenever asked.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 14
There are some situations where sharing is caring. Not this one I'm afraid.
Original post by bittr n swt
Because I want to know if she's easy and I want to be proud of my gf. If she's been with >50 guys most likely she'll continue that trend so we'll eventually break up

Is she 'easy' if all of these have been massive very fit Hollywood stars?
Original post by bluemax

So to you physical contact is the most intimate thing you can do? What about the emotional aspect?
Reply 17
If they've had a lot of sexual partners then they will always be like that. Not trustworthy.
As long as they haven't cheated or got an std I don't care how many people they've slept with.
Maybe partners are comfortable enough to share their sexual past with each other without it bothering them?

I'm not bothered about a potential partners sexual past, but if they wanted to ask me about it I wouldn't hold back on it. Relationships are built on trust and communication.

Quick Reply