The Student Room Group

bad offers and rejections from uni, what to do? please help!

hi, ive applied for UCAS this year and im a scottish student. Last year in my highers i recieved AABBB, i applied for edinburgh for 2 courses and rejected from both ( which i am not surprised ) 2 courses in strathclyde - i had an interview today for one of the courses which i genuinely think i have done horribly so i am not expecting any offers and the other course in strathclyde has not replied yet so i am expecting a rejection this late now. and my last choice was at stirling uni which i got an unconditional for applied maths, but i do not want to go there! i really dont know what to do i more than want to go to uni in 2015? should i apply through extra? please help? extremley unhappy now is an understatement
check what unis are in extra for your course. If there are any you like, apply through extra. Isn't this the obvious answer to your question..?
Reply 2
Original post by Wolftablet
check what unis are in extra for your course. If there are any you like, apply through extra. Isn't this the obvious answer to your question..?

ucas isnt working for me right now, and when i checked the other day none of my courses are available on ucas extra. Also can you apply for extra even though i have not recieved all my offers yet?
Original post by andymx
ucas isnt working for me right now, and when i checked the other day none of my courses are available on ucas extra. Also can you apply for extra even though i have not recieved all my offers yet?

no you can't. you need all your offers.
Reply 4
Original post by Wolftablet
no you can't. you need all your offers.

theres my dilemma
Wait for Strathclyde's decision and if they reject you, go through clearing to a better university.

What was the point in applying to Stirling if you didn't want to go there?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by Exceptional
Wait for Strathclyde's decision and if they reject you, go through clearing to a better university.

What was the point in applying to Stirling if you didn't want to go there?

Posted from TSR Mobile

When does clearing start? and when i applied i thought i could go to stirling but because of financial and personal circumstances now, i unfortunatley cant go now
Reply 7
Original post by andymx
When does clearing start? and when i applied i thought i could go to stirling but because of financial and personal circumstances now, i unfortunatley cant go now

4 August for Scotland
https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergraduate/apply-and-track/key-dates

Posted from TSR Mobile
what about University of West of Scotland? does it have the course you want? look it up.
Also, check RGU and Aberdeen!
How come Ed and Glasgow are acceptable but Stirling isn't when it's in the middle? I could understand you not wanting to do maths and wanting something else but I'd have thought a loan to live at any of the unis would have been much the same. I'd wait and see how your remaining offers go but think about what course you want to do, any course isn't better than no course. It's a lot of your life you are tying up. Are you doing advanced highers this year? If so do well at those and consider reapplying next year with more focus is another option.
Reply 10
Original post by PineapplePol
How come Ed and Glasgow are acceptable but Stirling isn't when it's in the middle? I could understand you not wanting to do maths and wanting something else but I'd have thought a loan to live at any of the unis would have been much the same. I'd wait and see how your remaining offers go but think about what course you want to do, any course isn't better than no course. It's a lot of your life you are tying up. Are you doing advanced highers this year? If so do well at those and consider reapplying next year with more focus is another option.

I live in glasgow so i could stay at home and go to uni, and my sister lives in edinburgh so that wasnt any trouble. yes, im doing advanced physics and maths this year. I was considering reapplying next year but i dont know what to do this year, i cant find a job and i have been looking for about 9months:/ my mum doesnt want me in the house anymore if im just going to bum off her for a year.
Did you apply to the Strathclyde Engineering Academy?

http://www.strath.ac.uk/engineering-academy/

I'm thinking you propabally don't want to go to college. But it's useful to have a back up.
Reply 12
Original post by SausageMan
Did you apply to the Strathclyde Engineering Academy?

http://www.strath.ac.uk/engineering-academy/

I'm thinking you propabally don't want to go to college. But it's useful to have a back up.

yes i did, and i also got rejected for the course which i went for the interview so thats 3 rejections now, just waiting for the fourth

Quick Reply

Latest