The Student Room Group

Psychology Student stereotypes

What are some of the stereotypes you get as a psychology student or as an aspiring student, when you tell people what you are studying or want to study?

Me, I always get, are you reading my mind.....lol. For some reason people think you are telepathic when you are studying psychology. :smile:
Original post by onetouch
What are some of the stereotypes you get as a psychology student or as an aspiring student, when you tell people what you are studying or want to study?

Me, I always get, are you reading my mind.....lol. For some reason people think you are telepathic when you are studying psychology. :smile:

Wondering why this is in Relationships? Haha. I'm doing A-Level Psychology, but I know some of the stereotypes. Knows everything about the human mind and its workings, is generally intelligent and maybe snobby. To me the typical Psychologue is male.
Reply 2
Original post by beyknowles
Wondering why this is in Relationships? Haha. I'm doing A-Level Psychology, but I know some of the stereotypes. Knows everything about the human mind and its workings, is generally intelligent and maybe snobby. To me the typical Psychologue is male.

It is a relationship between psychology students and people that stereotype them.

Also, I don't understand your response to the question:smile:
Original post by onetouch
It is a relationship between psychology students and people that stereotype them.

Also, I don't understand your response to the question:smile:

:wink:

And what I'm saying is, there are some people who you can tell you are an aspiring Psychologist, and they will assume that you know everything about the human mind and how it works. And then I said for me, as a stereotype, the typical psychologist is an intelligent male who can perhaps be snobby, but not typically I wouldn't say.
Reply 4
Original post by beyknowles
:wink:

And what I'm saying is, there are some people who you can tell you are an aspiring Psychologist, and they will assume that you know everything about the human mind and how it works. And then I said for me, as a stereotype, the typical psychologist is an intelligent male who can perhaps be snobby, but not typically I wouldn't say.

ok cool.. thanks for responding

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending