The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

University of Edinburgh Applicants 2015 entry

Scroll to see replies

Hi, I', from the USA and was accepted into Edinburgh yesterday for history. Rly excited but wondering if its possible to switch majors (degree program). I think I would like to switch to psychology
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 2441
Original post by kealanjones
Any BioMed applicants???

I applied to biomed. Still waiting... How about you?
Original post by Phaedo
I think what you suggest is very reasonable, particularly if you phrase it as you have above. Tell them you don't want to push them into saying No, but you have the chance of an offer from Manchester. You never know, it might just make them realize they don't want to lose you, and push them into saying Yes!

That's very risky, but I don't see other ways out. Just hope they make me an offer in these days,... this situation is driving me even more mad than before! I could denounce them for psychological abuses ahah

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone heard from the social sciences department, maybe specifically sociology? I've been waiting for a reply since October, and Edinburgh still hasn't even looked at my application (as far as I know) :frown:
Original post by UCASnoob
Has anyone heard from the social sciences department, maybe specifically sociology? I've been waiting for a reply since October, and Edinburgh still hasn't even looked at my application (as far as I know) :frown:

Why do you say that? Btw I'm a politics applicant, though joint degree, and the department told me the same thing as the others: "We are currently processing and assessing you r applications, and we aim to make the most of decisons before 31st" and this was 2 weeks ago... since then nothing more

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Cosimo96
Why do you say that? Btw I'm a politics applicant, though joint degree, and the department told me the same thing as the others: "We are currently processing and assessing you r applications, and we aim to make the most of decisons before 31st" and this was 2 weeks ago... since then nothing more

Posted from TSR Mobile

I applied to two courses at Edinburgh, but had to withdraw one, since the course didn't run in fall 2015 anyway... However, in my EUCLID it still looks like I've applied to two courses that are ''pending their decision''. This makes me think that they haven't even opened my application yet - but I could be wrong?

I'm somewhat relieved to hear that you haven't heard back from Edinburgh either. Seems as if, we are many in the same position - especially in the social sciences department! Hope you hear (positive) news from Edinburgh soon! :-)

Well, I applied for History with Sociology in December, and I haven't heard a word from them other than for a rejection for an unrelated course.

Don't know why you haven't heard back from Sociology, I just assumed that mine was taking longer because it's a joint degree which requires deliberation between two different subject areas.

You can at least rest assured that you're not the only one waiting to hear back for Sociology though :smile:
Original post by Capricorn16
Well, I applied for History with Sociology in December, and I haven't heard a word from them other than for a rejection for an unrelated course.

Don't know why you haven't heard back from Sociology, I just assumed that mine was taking longer because it's a joint degree which requires deliberation between two different subject areas.

You can at least rest assured that you're not the only one waiting to hear back for Sociology though :smile:

Well, no news is better than bad news I guess....
Original post by kealanjones
Any BioMed applicants???

me :biggrin:
Original post by doyle96
Hi, I', from the USA and was accepted into Edinburgh yesterday for history. Rly excited but wondering if its possible to switch majors (degree program). I think I would like to switch to psychology

Think aslong as you have the grades it's fine, iv known people who say did chemical engineering did it for a week then changed to a different engineering degree
Original post by doyle96

Hey! I got in for psychology, if you want to switch I'd give them a call, it's the best option for seeing if you can do that :smile:
Original post by oliwialidia
Hey! I got in for psychology, if you want to switch I'd give them a call, it's the best option for seeing if you can do that :smile:

You heard back from Edinburgh?? Congrats!!!
Original post by LadyT345
You heard back from Edinburgh?? Congrats!!!

Thank you! Have you hear yet? 😊
I got sick of waiting and sent an Edinburgh University Law School admissions contact an email asking if my application had been lost.

Now I fully expect an email back saying: 'You have been rejected for annoying me'.
Anyone go to the Humanities and Social Science post-offer day yesterday? It was quite impressive
(edited 9 years ago)
I was wondering if anyone has received an offer/rejection in the afternoon or evening. Do they only send out replies in the morning?

i ma the exact same boat. applied for sociology and social anthropology and not heard since november when i applied! what did you get in your highers? i really want to go!
Reply 2457
Original post by TKCD77
I was wondering if anyone has received an offer/rejection in the afternoon or evening. Do they only send out replies in the morning?

I think it's all times of the day but nothing before 10 or after 6. Nothing on Friday either! What are you waiting for?
Any other joint honours applicants freaking out? I thought they'd have most of them out before yesterday!
Original post by esrioasaoirse
Any other joint honours applicants freaking out? I thought they'd have most of them out before yesterday!

Yes, me. I applied for History&Politics :smile: You?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending